• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fries - Any love for yuca fries?

God Enel

So over here in Germany i see more and more restaurants offering yuca fries.

What is Yuca?
Yuca (sometimes called Cassava) is a root vegetable similar to the potato with a waxy outer skin and a starchy center. It is native to South and Central America and used quite widely in Latin cooking. Yuca is similar in shape to a sweet potato and can be found in the produce aisle. Although it’s similar to sweet potatoes and yams, it has a bark-like skin that you have to remove… which can be intimidating but we’ll tackle that together!

Crispy-Baked-Yuca-Fries-3.jpg

( picture and text shamelessly stolen from: https://www.thehealthymaven.com/crispy-baked-yuca-fries/ )

French fries, I think need no explanation.

o-AMERICAS-BEST-FRENCH-FRIES-facebook.jpg

And the last contender (which I totally forgot and added in the last second lol)

Sweet potato fries:

baked-sweet-potato-fries-with-chipotle-ranch-2276.jpg

So which ones do you guys prefer? The “new” contender yucca the sweet ones or the regular basic French fries?

Yesterday I’ve eaten some damn amazing yuca / yucca fries and they’ve been 10/10 delicious.
So I’m not sure what to vote as they’ve been so good

Fight!

iconmaster

Banned
I'd try them but there's little hope of competing with the French fry. Even sliced bread fears for its "greatest thing" status when confronted with those golden spears.

God Enel

I’m surprised Germany has Yucca fries.

Why not? We have all kinds of shit over here. Like years ago you could have bought them over only in Peruvian/Chilean restaurants. Like a couple of weeks ago I saw them in a supermarket. Haven’t made them myself but they’re mighty delicious at the restaurants where I ate them.

CyberPanda

Banned
Why not? We have all kinds of shit over here. Like years ago you could have bought them over only in Peruvian/Chilean restaurants. Like a couple of weeks ago I saw them in a supermarket. Haven’t made them myself but they’re mighty delicious at the restaurants where I ate them.
I was watching a travel vlog and they have vegan German sausage stands now.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Would if Taco Bell kept their fries around year round? Would turn the world upside down

Top Bottom