• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frogwares: Sherlock Holmes The Awakened, a full remake & substantial rewrite of our 2006 Lovecraft-Sherlock crossover announced

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Hmmmm so they just took their last 2 games (The Sinking City, and Sherlock: Chapter One) and threw them into a blender.

I'll play it, because I enjoyed both of those titles. The Sinking City had a bizarre, unique tone that I greatly enjoyed, and Sherlock was a nice upgrade for its franchise although terribly uneven with awful action.

But I'm not sure this is the right thing to do for their Sherlock franchise in general. These guys can't seem to find a nice path for it, always veering out into what they really want to make (Lovecraft) instead of what the character fits into.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Check out the first gameplay trailer for Frogwares' latest entry into their Sherlock Holmes adventure game series, Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened. It's due out in early 2023 for PC, Xbox platforms, PlayStation platforms, and Nintendo Switch.

Arachnid

There was a Sherlock and Lovecraft cross over? Holy shit, how did I miss this? I'll definitely keep an eye on the remake

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Demo:

Face eldritch horrors in the new Lovecraftian detective thriller, Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened. Coming to PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series, Xbox One & Switch in early 2023.

Sherlock Holmes The Awakened is a Cthulhu meets Sherlock Holmes detective horror adventure. The game acts as a continuation of young Sherlock’s story with Holmes and Watson undertaking their first major case together.

An Eldritch god-obsessed cult is making moves in the shadows to bring about a world-altering prophecy and it’s up to the young detective duo to thwart their plans. This is a creative take on what horror-filled and reality-breaking events could have met our heroes at such a crucial point in their lives to go on and shape them into the characters we all know they become. Delve into the trauma and fear that cements their friendship for good and the revelations that break Sherlock’s mind to create the flawed and haunted genius he is destined to be.

Originally released in 2006, The Awakened is a full remake and substantial rewrite being rebuilt and redesigned from the ground up to run in Unreal Engine 4.

TwinB242

I liked the demo but I hope they tweak the interrogation at the end for the full game. It felt like pure trial and error, I don't remember those segments being that difficult before.

I think the original The Awakened is the only one of the older Frogwares games I finished back in the day so this is kind of neat. Was Chapter One any good? Crimes and Punishments was fun but Devil's Daughter kind of sucked so I never played their prequel game

TwinB242

I think the original The Awakened is the only one of the older Frogwares games I finished back in the day so this is kind of neat. Was Chapter One any good? Crimes and Punishments was fun but Devil's Daughter kind of sucked so I never played their prequel game

Chapter One was really good imo. The combat is weak but the open world actually fit the game well and there were a lot of interesting quests and cases scattered throughout.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
The only entertaining thing that the Frogwares company did was their distributor's fight with The sinking City rights

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Face eldritch horrors in the new Lovecraftian detective thriller, Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened. Coming to PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series, Xbox One & Switch in early 2023.

Sherlock Holmes The Awakened is a Cthulhu meets Sherlock Holmes detective horror adventure. The game acts as a continuation of young Sherlock’s story with Holmes and Watson undertaking their first major case together.

An Eldritch god-obsessed cult is making moves in the shadows to bring about a world-altering prophecy and it’s up to the young detective duo to thwart their plans. This is a creative take on what horror-filled and reality-breaking events could have met our heroes at such a crucial point in their lives to go on and shape them into the characters we all know they become. Delve into the trauma and fear that cements their friendship for good and the revelations that break Sherlock’s mind to create the flawed and haunted genius he is destined to be.

Originally released in 2006, The Awakened is a full remake and substantial rewrite being rebuilt and redesigned from the ground up to run in Unreal Engine 4.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Preorder now and get The Sleuth's Attire Cosmetic Set for free! Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened will release on April 11 on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series, Xbox One & Switch. Preorders on the Nintendo Switch will launch at a later date.

SolidQ

finished in February every sherlock holmes since 1st game, until Testament. So won't get remake, too fresh memory, and alot same moments from original

Dazraell

Nice to see a release date for this. I really liked the original Awakened version. I will definitely check it later this year. This year is surprisingly packed with interesting releases

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Check out the latest trailer for Sherlock Holmes The Awakened, highlighting the reworked story that focuses on the relationship between Holmes and Watson from the upcoming remake.

In this Sherlock meets Cthulhu horror adventure, a young Sherlock Holmes and John Watson undertake a chilling and psyche-shattering case that will forever bond and scar the duo.

Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened will be available on PC, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch on April 11, 2023.

Top Bottom