• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Front Mission: Borderscape - Official Concept Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Check out the Front Mission: Borderscape concept trailer. Set in the year 2089, this is a new story in the Front Mission series, taking players to the brink of the Second Huffman War. Check out the teaser trailer for an early look at what the game's all about.

From Square Enix and BlackJack Studio, Front Mission: Borderscape is coming to multiple platforms, including mobile. Players can pre-register now.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
What is this shit? I want 4k....

Shifty1897 Shifty1897
Awh, man!~! Seriously?

Maybe it'll be one of those mobile ports that will loosely follow the "lead platform"

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
“Including mobile”
Oh God Reaction GIF

Square’s PS4 Front Mission can regularly be found on sale for about $10.

CamHostage

I mean what the fuck is it though

New entry in the Front Mission series, but not a high-spec version, more a mobile-and-up version. Created by the studio who did Langrisser Mobile, which probably most have not played but apparently is popular in certain circles.

Seriously why is it so hard for square-enix to make a regular, normal front mission game? Like sure lots of their decisions make no sense but this one particularly bugs me the most.

I mean, probably because a normal Front Mission with traditional Square Enix production values (even off-brand production values, at their scale) would sell no better and probably worse than an irregular Front Mission like this might turn out to be.

They're keeping the brand alive, with the remakes of FM 1 and 2 and then this game. Those two are regular, normal Front Mission games, and this one might be too (depending on how BlackJack handle the mechanics and if it's a standard single-player strategy game or if it is a play for the F2P market?) It's just that none of them are actually by Square and none of them will get FFXV-level of production investment. Pray for these releases to be good, not for them to not exist, that'd be my recommendation, because it'd be plenty easy for Square to let this franchise not exist.

I guess im cool with the remakes of front mission 1 & 2.

I dont think square enix really have anyone that can do isometric rpg outside of the triangle strategy guys

ranmafan

New entry in the Front Mission series, but not a high-spec version, more a mobile-and-up version. Created by the studio who did Langrisser Mobile, which probably most have not played but apparently is popular in certain circles.

I mean, probably because a normal Front Mission with traditional Square Enix production values (even off-brand production values, at their scale) would sell no better and probably worse than an irregular Front Mission like this might turn out to be.

They're keeping the brand alive, with the remakes of FM 1 and 2 and then this game. Those two are regular, normal Front Mission games, and this one might be too (depending on how BlackJack handle the mechanics and if it's a standard single-player strategy game or if it is a play for the F2P market?) It's just that none of them are actually by Square and none of them will get FFXV-level of production investment. Pray for these releases to be good, not for them to not exist, that'd be my recommendation, because it'd be plenty easy for Square to let this franchise not exist.

That’s the one thing I keep hope up on, the fact they haven’t buried the license completely. I’m hoping the remakes of 1 and 2 end up doing well so that they could consider a true successor for the series. I don’t even care if it’s ff level of investment or not. Make it one of those special projects like dungeon encounters and voice of cards I say. A new front mission as a passion project would be fun to see.

"Check out the teaser trailer for an early look at what the game's all about". Mmm yes, I see clearly thanks. Hope they don't change genre

STARSBarry

Gold Member
"Check out the teaser trailer for an early look at what the game's all about". Mmm yes, I see clearly thanks. Hope they don't change genre

I mean... is it even a strategy game? the trailer showed us literally nothing and with how Front Mission has been whored out of the last couple of years to be random genres god knows what this ends up as on mobile.

Last edited:

Rat Rage

Front Mission is an SRPG series. It's about cool mechs, customization and strategic gameplay.

What the fuck is this "concept" trailer? Front Mission has never been about melancholic, mellow music and cute girls.

This is so weired. What's the target audience for this trailer? Cinema fans or Front Mission fans a.k.a SRPG enthusiasts?

Man, I've really grown to hate this industries' obsession with cinematic cgi trailers. I wish they would stop and just show gameplay instead for every new announcement from here on.

Last edited:

reksveks

Since I'm not a shareholder, I couldn't care less. I'll vote for my own interests with my dollars.
That's fine. I was just highlighting why Square Enix does alot of mobile games cause it seems to confuse people on this forum.

I don't get upset (not saying you are) at square enix's choices, I just ignore the ones that don't benefit me

Last edited:

Gp1

Can someone please fax Jordan Weisman and the guys at Harebrained Schemes phone to the old guard at Square? They might hear that way

It can't be that hard to do a good (pitch of a) Front Mission game after Battletech and Triangle Strategy.

Last edited:
I mean... is it even a strategy game? the trailer showed us literally nothing and with how Front Mission has been whored out of the last couple of years to be random genres god knows what this ends up as on mobile.
Oh god! Didn't see the mobile thing!
In reality, mobile could use some proper games, but who am I kidding. Sad

Pallas

Gold Member
Front Mission is an SRPG series. It's about cool mechs, customization and strategic gameplay.

What the fuck is this "concept" trailer? Front Mission has never been about melancholic, mellow music and cute girls.

This is so weired. What's the target audience for this trailer? Cinema fans or Front Mission fans a.k.a SRPG enthusiasts?

Man, I've really grown to hate this industries' obsession with cinematic cgi trailers. I wish they would stop and just show gameplay instead for every new announcement from here on.

To be honest, I think that might be the B device developed by Sakata industries being featured inside the wanzer, with maybe Karen(main protagonists lover/SO from the first game, but she has brown hair in game but blonde like hair in some artwork) I won’t spoil what happens to her but it’s connected with the B device but it’s pretty sad.

If I’m not mistaken it takes place in 2089 which is around when the second Huffman island conflict was happening or right before it started.

Last edited:
Looks like closed beta testing started (at least in the Asian regions?) for borderscape. Judging by the gameplay trailer, this actually looks decent. The combat animations are significantly better than the combat animations in Front Mission 1st remake…

Last edited:
Top Bottom