• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FTL-like co-op roguelite Trigon: Space Story announced

Bullet Club

FTL-Like Co-Op Roguelite Trigon: Space Story Announced

FTL With Friends

Have you ever wanted to play FTL: Faster Than Light with a friend? Or wished for a more 'serious' art style for it? Well then, Trigon: Space Story looks like a game that should have your undivided attention.

Developed by Sernur Tech as their first title, Trigon: Space Story is a space roguelite adventure game that is heavily inspired by FTL: Faster Than Light. Combat, like FTL, is fast-paced tactical action that has the player attempting to manage the various systems on their ship. There are a variety of modules that can be used or impacted to change the flow of battle, and you have to manage power between them, watching things like the state of oxygen on your ship. That goes both ways, however, as you can deny your opponent access to weapons or other tools as a strategic option if you have the proper weapons. These can all be upgraded to make your ship better over time, and your crew and captain have unique abilities, and be further upgraded with perks and specializations over time.

Being a roguelite Trigon: Space Story has procedurally generated areas, and events that create a unique adventure each time. There are four different races you can find throughout the universe, each with their own missions, characteristics, and ships. There are also several factions you are able to interact with.

Perhaps the biggest departure from FTL is that Trigon doesn't have you under threat from an impending alien threat. instead, in Trigon: Space Story you are an adventurer, traveling to uncover the mysteries of the universe, the foremost of which is the titular Trigon, an engimatic and dark mystery.

Trigon will be releasing into early access, where it plans to stay for up to a couple of years, but they are launching with a fairly healthy amount of content. Early access will begin with over 20 spaceships that come with their own starting equipment, and can be customized with over 70 weapons, and a variety of modules. Your crew will have access to 45 perks, and dozens of unique captain abilities. As for your adventures, you'll be able to play two main storylines, with access to dozens of side missions, and visit hundreds of locations throughout the procedurally generated universe.

Trigon: Space Story plans to release later this year on Steam, where you can wishlist and follow it now, and will have online co-op.

Source: TechRaptor

I love FTL and this looks like a decent, more modern clone.

Nozz-A-La

I get excited every time I see a game described as FTL like, but they never come close. You’d think by now I would have learned that none of them will ever be as good, but nope, still hyped.

Top Bottom