• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuck Jack Ryan

oagboghi2

Agenda ? It a a work of fiction, a story with a setting.
A setting that is real, that is directly and purposely using the real fallout of Venezuela's issues for a bizaare action romp.

They could have invented a fake country, or been more honest. They choose neither, and treated the complex political issues in the country with a childish level of respect.

Who knew people in Venezuelans just needed to "not be assholes" to fix their issues. 🙄

Zato

Banned
A setting that is real, that is directly and purposely using the real fallout of Venezuela's issues for a bizaare action romp.

They could have invented a fake country, or been more honest. They choose neither, and treated the complex political issues in the country with a childish level of respect.

Who knew people in Venezuelans just needed to "not be assholes" to fix their issues. 🙄

Oh well, don’t watch ..... nobody watched it thinking it was a documentary and was some sort of edutainment.

It a dumb action show based on a character written by a hack.

Denton

Dare I ask, why? What country are they misrepresenting this season?
Czechland, and it's hilarious. From small stuff like "Czechia liga", or Czech female president (hasn't happened yet, and judging by the corruption scandal on the current female frontrunner for the upcoming election, probably won't happen anytime soon) played be german actress speaking with german accent, to her being buddy buddy with Jack Ryan equivalent of Lavrov (meanwhile our interior ministry literally posted a banner of Putin in a coffin next to ukrainian flag on one of its buildings), it is just all kinds of hilarious.

Romulus

Patriot Games and all those Tom Clancy wanna be spy shows are almost always bullshit. You must be from said country and a crybaby. It's not serious. Next up, 007 isn't straight from the pages of the BBC??? Mind blowing.

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
They lie.
Angry American Horror Story GIF by AHS

Tams

Gold Member
I just binged it.

It's fine. Very enjoyable as a dumb, silly, action show with almost no stakes. Good guys win, bad guys die, some nice explosions. Good good.

Even then, there are some hilariously bad plot holes and scenes. Far too long to list them all. The 'computer geek' scene with the windows randomly opening up and 'code' scrolling got me. Oh, and the random Jenga set.

But if you just ignore that, then it's dumb fun. Taking it at all seriously is like taking NCIS seriously.

And let's be honest, thr source material ain't too hot either. Tom Clancy stuff is military pop literature, like Chris Ryan and Andy McNab. The Hunt for Red October is really rather an exception.

Last edited:

KrakenIPA

I need to catch Ryan K in something else other than The Office to see if he has the chops, I am afraid that I will only see Halpert though. I love the Bourne movies, and Sicario of course. I'm thinking of watching this or Ozarks, which one though?!!

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I couldn't give two shits what it's world view on politics is, just keep me entertained for the season and I'll be happy, it's Jack Ryan ffs, not everything has to be "real life" or mirror it, I'm just happy it's a strong white bloke and not some disabled LGTBWUIXUZ person from fucking India or whatever...

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Interesting show, now you have Jim from the office doing military thriller things, hardcore militarism people will have trouble with the plot. It’s fine.

Top Bottom