• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full Res Xbox 360 Summit Screenshots at Ruliweb

Prine

Banned
Haha, Dead Rising looks like an absolute blast. :lol @ Zombies with six pack

DOA motion blur looks great, cant wait to gte my hands on this game
doa4_04.jpg

dead01.jpg

^ An actual representation of Johnny Nighttrain posting on GAF

thorns

Banned
Any chance that World Airforce game gets released in EU/US ? It looks great.. and Dead Rising looks very fun. I wonder if there'll be a coop mode to kill zombies together.

He's killing DATA!!!!

dead06.jpg

on a side note...what the fuck is up w/ his face??? he looks like a caricature compared to the rest of the visuals.

PorkFryRice said:
He's killing DATA!!!!

dead06.jpg

on a side note...what the fuck is up w/ his face??? he looks like a caricature compared to the rest of the visuals.

Check out one of the videos on the recent OXM demo discs. The developer wanted the main character to have an ordinary guy, kinda ugly look to him. He wanted to get away from the beautiful people save the day look and go with something more common, to increase the immersion that this is an everyday guy in a extraordinary situation. I'm paraphrasing to the extreme, but that was the summation of his comments. Base don what I've seen this game has the potential to be a sleeping hit. I'm keeping an eye on it. ;)

World Airforce looks terrible! Where is the volumetric fog, high textures, self shadowing, the action??? Looks dull and boring, hopefully Namco can make a good looking flight game!

edit: The pics look a whole lot better than the video, hope the dev can deliver!
ff5rg.jpg

nice!

The blur effect in DOA4 is stunning! I love that.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
I love the motion blur in DOA4 as well. if they pull it off correctly, I'll be all over that. My 360 must-have games list is getting bloated!

u_neek

cybamerc said:
None of these games look particularly good by next gen standards.

No, not by the high standards the PS3 teasers have set...
I was kinda disappointed with today's showing - nothing looked REALLY spectacular.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
In 720P (or 1080i), the following games seem to be locks for looking INCREDIBLE so far, imo:

Madden '06, DOA4, PGR3, Call of Duty 2, Ghost Recon 3, Oblivion, etc.

And then down the road, the 2nd wave of 360 titles will have:

Gears of War, Too Human, RE5, Halo 3, and The Darkness, etc.

all pushing the next-gen graphical barriers even further.

VNZ

Great motion blur in DOA4. I really hope this kind of "real" motion blur (as in sampled at a higher frequency than the actual framerate) together with HDR and the camera effects it makes possible will become standard next gen. It's what makes PGR3, and the Motor Storm and Heavenly Sword trailers, so good looking as well.

Team Ninja needs to drop their dull material style, though, and commit themself for either a more realistic look -- or a super-real one. This half-assed doll look just doesn't show any progression from current gen.

joaomgcd

I mirrored the pics since their server seems a bit slow at the moment.

Didn't want to post them here since it would overload the thread, so you can see them all here, without the hassle of clicking through various pages. :)

Fuma

Banned
u_neek said:
No, not by the high standards the PS3 teasers have set...
I was kinda disappointed with today's showing - nothing looked REALLY spectacular.

Please. PGR3 bitchslapped every PS3 realtime demo so far.

----

Banned
Dead Rising looks like the most off-the-wall fun game out of anything I've seen yet for the Xbox 360. The main character looks hilarious; like a crazy looking Arnold Schwarzenegger. :lol

joaomgcd said:
I mirrored the pics since their server seems a bit slow at the moment.

Didn't want to post them here since it would overload the thread, so you can see them all here, without the hassle of clicking through various pages. :)

Nice. Many thanks. :)

Top Bottom