• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Futuridium EP Deluxe Coming to PS4, PS Vita This July

Loudninja

Gameplay trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u43gqUxgaAI

Hi, fellow PlayStation fans. It’s time for a little update on Futuridium EP Deluxe, our upcoming fast-paced, retro-inspired, super-colorful shoot-em-up. The big news, first: we can finally announce that the Futuridium EP Deluxe will launch on PS4 and PS Vita in July. The precise launch day is still to be determined, but you’ll definitely be able to blast tons of cubes and blow up giant space dreadnoughts this Summer. So hold tight — the wait is almost over!
Futuridium is our first console game, and let’s just say we got a bit carried away and we took our time to add lots of new features and a massive amount of exclusive content. At the heart of the Deluxe edition is the brand new Deluxe mode — a massive campaign featuring 50 different levels divided in five zones, with five bosses and five bonus areas.

There are no extra power-ups in Futuridium; you can only count on your skills. But to better equip you against the all-new odds you’ll encounter in deep space, we added a turbo mode to your starship (How generous!). The turbo is just a button press away — you can sprint even faster between obstacles, adding a new layer of complexity to the game and a new meaning to the words “risk” and “reward.”
Futuridium EP Deluxe will be available exclusively on PS4 and PS Vita, and will launch simultaneously on both platforms as a cross buy game. Buy once and blast cubes on a big TV screens or on the go. There’s no better deal.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...xe-coming-to-ps4-ps-vita-this-july/#sf3101468

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
So a sort of 3D Uridium. I can see where the title came from.

Skyrise

Hi guys!

So cool to see Futuridium mentioned here on GAF again! :)

Working hard right now to polish the game!

If you have any questions, I'm here!

Is this the psychadelic shooter that looks like a cross between Starfox, Wipeout and Amplitude?

EDIT - yeah, just watched the Youtube video. That's the one.

Hi guys!

So cool to see Futuridium mentioned here on GAF again! :)

Working hard right now to polish the game!

If you have any questions, I'm here!

yea, when does this
image.php
come out?

wouwie

Game is coming next week, as announced on the Playstation blog.

I'm curious about this game. I wonder if the limited movability of the spaceship, which seems to be the core element of the gameplay, will make it fun. It seems almost the opposite idea of what you normally expect gameplay wise. Fingers crossed since Mixed Bag seems to be a promising (and friendly) developer and the presentation seems great (visuals and music).

Cha

Next week! Nice! Liking the art direction. Hope it runs well and looks just as great on the Vita. Read on the EU blog comments that some graphical effects were cut to hit 60fps (with dips), but I really hope it's not that awesome channel offset sort of effect. Still native res though.

wouwie

Futuridium is out tomorrow. I'm looking forward to reviews and to playing this. I assume there will be no OT for this? I wish i could make proper OT's. Anyone else interested in this? Apparently, it was playable at EGX this weekend.

Just bought it, downloading right now. Really nice 25% PS+ discount, reviews mentioned in the PSN thread sound good.

EDIT: First impressions; full resolution 60fps, responsive controls, cool music (various styles). In the first levels you have to shoot all blue blocks within a time limit, so choose short paths (you can turn your ship 180 degrees instantly and move up/down/left/right), hit anything and loose a life instantly.

Top Bottom