• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

G/A/F - Court upholds man's right to pee standing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

BERLIN (AP) — A German court has ruled that a tenant who liked to pee standing up doesn't owe his landlord money for damages apparently caused by splashing, or missing his target altogether.

The Duesseldorf administrative court rejected the landlord's claim of 1,900 euros ($2,200) for alleged damage to the bathroom's marble floor, the dpa news agency reported Thursday.

While accepting expert testimony that urine had damaged the marble, Judge Stefan Hank ruled the man's method was within cultural norms, saying that "despite the increasing domestication of men in this context, urinating standing up is still common practice."

Hank said further that the tenant could have expected "regular conflicts" with those he lived with — but not that the bathroom's marble floor would be damaged.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/1b4c...-ford-ex-kentucky-governor-us-senator-dies-90

Ekdrm2d1

That's what I call taking a stand.

AplwUXF.gif

Wait a second. How does this make sense?

By all mean, stand, but clean up after yourself. He didn't, and to such a large degree that there were actual damages? Get out your checkbook, holmes.

The Beard

I only pee standing up in public restrooms. Sitting is so much better! I do enjoy those 4 foot tall drain in the floor urinals though. Those things are sweet.

It is my god given right as a man to piss standing up like my father, and his father before him. I have proudly taught my boys to piss standing up as they will their sons!

daveo42

Banned
This is an Onion article isn't it. It just has to be. Also, is it that damn hard to clean up a little piss if you happen to dribble or miss?

Complaining about splashes of urine? How fucking petty.

Don't rent out your property if you don't want it damaged at all. If you rent it out, you have to accept normal wear & tear.

Complaining about splashes of urine? How fucking petty.

Don't rent out your property if you don't want it damaged at all. If you rent it out, you have to accept normal wear & tear.

Or don't rent it out to a man if you don't want someone standing to pee.

Have you been to most restaurant men's rooms?

I don't think anyone other than the employees are going to clean a toilet or floor in a public washroom though.

And also to be fair, have you ever seen a womans washroom? It is pure nightmare fuel.
Between their hover pissing and other thing's they leave laying about, I'll happily contend with the mens room.

It is my god given right as a man to piss standing up like my father, and his father before him. I have proudly taught my boys to piss standing up as they will their sons!
Your force is strong. I admire you.

My boys and I have been beaten into submission by my wife so we only get to enjoy peeing while standing when we are away from home.

darscot

As a Father I have to say it was a great day that first time your son is out in the yard and comes running to go inside because he needs to pee and you just say, your a boy relax and piss on the tree. Even better when you wife is mortified but knows this is a battle she will never win.

Your force is strong. I admire you.

My boys and I have been beaten into submission by my wife so we only get to enjoy peeing while standing when we are away from home.

Lol it's a curse really, especially since I have to clean it.
Currently my 4 yr old is doing something that I can only imagine is called "Hands Free Dance Peeing". Yes, it is as awesome as it sounds.

And also to be fair, have you ever seen a womans washroom? It is pure nightmare fuel.
Between their hover pissing and other thing's they leave laying about, I'll happily contend with the mens room.

Well, first of all... no, I haven't been inside a women's restroom since I got pushed into one in first grade.

But I always figured they were really nice and perfumed and had gentle music and everything was spotless. That's probably from watching a lot of sitcoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom