• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Throwback: Aloy looks a little off.......

BatSu

lBlMG61.jpg

9OeBW.gif

In almost no situation these games take place in would femininity even make a lick of sense.

Lol - femininity isn't something you switch on and off depending on the situation - it's what women actually embody in the real world all the time. Just the fact you weirdos think the right thing to do is create female characters and then remove all femininity because they're in an action game, just shows how far off base you are. I think you're the ones who never speak to real women and don't know what they're like.

nbkicker

Well if people honestly dont like the altered design of aloy in the new game, then just don't buy it, if people just moan then still buy the game then nothing is achieved and developers will carry on the path they going

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member

This thread is excellent, but this here... this almost made me spit my lunch :messenger_tears_of_joy:

See guys, even if some people in discussions like this are actually genuinely concerned about a fictional character's looks to the point they won't buy a game if she isn't hotter, the thread as a whole is so fuckin' worth it because of these memes.
Compare this to.. other forums, where the discussion would be one-way, lined with the gravestones of the dozens of banned users, and just no fun at all.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Lighting, shaders, focal length. I don't think the scan data is at fault here, Bo.

She has chubby cheeks indeed, not sure if the actress herself became chubby at that time while recapturing or it was some adjustment to the model they made, whether for uglification or just to make her look older? But man, her whole body is pretty skinny and I've seen a lot of athletic women pack much more muscle. They either need to adjust that face or her body, but overall she's not really ugly at all.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: LMJ

Bo_Hazem

Banned
What point did I change? Literally don’t know what you’re on about. And stop pretending like anyone with a shred of common sense that has had interactions with females outside of “hello” doesn’t know what the motives are here. No one with a girl waiting for him at home is sitting in the bathroom at work writing comments about how upset at western devs he is for not giving him enough waifus. We know this. You can pretend we don’t know this. But we know this. Sony released stated the ps5 has an over 40% female instal base, which is crazy compared to female presence in consoles just some years ago. If the appearance of a character like aloy makes female gamers feel more welcome in gaming than that’s a great thing. Since they are fictional characters you will never fuck, and there’s plenty of plastic surgery having, make up drenched, quad d, 10 inch waistline female characters coming from Japan still, I think you’ll survive.

if I wanna jack it there’s infinite content on the internet for me. I’ll make do without a super model aloy.

Yup, my older sister because a hardcore gamer after casually playing before only on PS4 and now PS5. Asked her if she played GOW and she said she doesn't want that tank and his muscles covering the vision. Then asked her about Horizon ZD and she likes her but didn't get to play it because she hates open world an prefers open world.

We don't have right and left here though, if anything we might be considered right. So yes, I think that percentage is shocking and I thought it was like less than 10%, so now I understand the raise of female protagonists, whether it's for female gamers or for basement wankers. :lollipop_tears_of_joy:

hyperbertha

She's being my favorite though has nothing to do with her beauty, it's more about the mystery of her birth, existence, the lore. Man, it was so depressing in the first game and I see some tools say that the story was bad! It really made me sad (not spoiling shit).

Read every collectable, because natural phenomena interest me a lot. This new setup is like 10x more interesting in the lore than the 1st one, and I really can't understand how can somebody hold himself and "wait" for such games. I swear that I'm ready to throw $300 to play this game now!

The Division was so interesting from a political point of view, social, and exploring every fucking room inside that map, collecting every log and 3D scanning those holographs. People were all shitting on The Division and I was more interested into the micro stories, the general story of smallpox virus, the protocol against such viruses that inspired the devs to make the game in the first place, and the idea of The Division and its existing during WW1-2 for different missions, some have a time cycle of 4 days then must kill themselves according to a 64yo British friend I got to know back in 2015 who's a military veteran in the UN. Interesting shit he shared.

So yeah, usually in interesting open worlds I wanna see every corner of that map, usually exceeding 100+ hours mark. With this game I can see many interesting spots and I think the game has matured from the previous one, which was great still.

Can't wait to play it!
The story isn't bad just a rip off of a good one. I enjoyed the first game but how it followed another game word by word in its story threw me off very much.

ZywyPL

Banned
Typical woke circular firing squad BS. "We made her look more masculine because women look weak!"

Women look weak because they are weak, news at 11... That's why it's always so charming to play a fragile female character who outplays her opponents with her brains and agility, not muscles, that's how it's been for ages, that's what worked, because it was real, believable, creating abominations like Abby and then trying to find all sorts of excuses with "but but but...." simply won't cut because people are not dumb, they do go outside, they see the surrounding reality on a daily basis, the only ones those devs are trying to fool is themselves.

Women look weak because they are weak, news at 11... That's why it's always so charming to play a fragile female character who outplays her opponents with her brains and agility, not muscles, that's how it's been for ages, that's what worked, because it was real, believable, creating abominations like Abby and then trying to find all sorts of excuses with "but but but...." simply won't cut because people are not dumb, they do go outside, they see the surrounding reality on a daily basis, the only ones those devs are trying to fool is themselves.
Lol, yeah the original tomb raider was believable. And the countless other games that have women running around perilous situations in full make up.

You might have an argument, but believability isn't it.

To say it's the future she looks straight up like a cave man after a good amount of years evolution doing it's job. Maybe their is some legit science as to why she's so goofy looking.

Bo_Hazem

Banned

Aloy is mostly a distant fighter that uses agility and exploits weakpoints. Can't see that changing in the new one. Abby is just like many women and men on steroids, and I find it new and ok but she's still a straight female.

I always prefer male protagonists though, or choice like with Ubisoft games. Choice means extra work, voice-over that would drag the story to the mud, usually.

NullZ3r0

Banned
I agree with all of this, but its amazing to see them shoot themselves in the foot with their own dumb logic.

This is all about wokeism being influenced by radical feminism which is basically fat dykes bitching about women that are attractive to superstraight males. All the "strong" women in video games all look like them. You know, something at the other end of a smelly double dong.

If you ever witnessed child birth, you'll know that women are strong and have an amazing tolerance for pain. They're beautiful as hell too, sweaty and with no makeup at all too.

But dykes hate motherhood.

Last edited:

Sinthor

Gold Member
I agree with all of this, but its amazing to see them shoot themselves in the foot with their own dumb logic.

This is all about wokeism being influenced by radical feminism which is basically fat dykes bitching about women that are attractive to superstraight males. All the "strong" women in video games all look like them. You know, something at the other end of a smelly double dong.

If you ever witnessed child birth, you'll know that women are strong and have an amazing tolerance for pain. They're beautiful as hell too, sweaty and with no makeup at all too.

But dykes hate motherhood.
I would just say here I know you're point but I think you're being a bit unfair to the LGBT community. In fact, most of the women pushing this view that I've seen in real life and who are writing articles online are actually usually career women who don't want to be held back by children, etc. There are actually a lot of lesbian women who are AGAINST this kind of viewpoint. Just saying.....

nbkicker

Ive had a load of size 6-8 woman in my kickboxing classes that looked like they where fragile and delicate and absolutely stunning yet anyone dare get on wrong side of them and they could pack a punch or kick for there size, considering amount of time aloy running about she would have a thin face and body like a long distance runner, not stacked up like a body builder or mma fighter who are trained to last 15min total etc in a ring

Last edited:
I would just say here I know you're point but I think you're being a bit unfair to the LGBT community. In fact, most of the women pushing this view that I've seen in real life and who are writing articles online are actually usually career women who don't want to be held back by children, etc. There are actually a lot of lesbian women who are AGAINST this kind of viewpoint. Just saying.....

Yeah, Lesbian women are getting shafted hard by this woke movement, i saw a lot of them on twitter getting attacked because they said that women in AAA western games are ugly and they want sexy women in their games, also outside of gaming they are forced to have sex with men in dresses or they are called TERFs and getting their lives ruined because of it.

GymWolf

She has chubby cheeks indeed, not sure if the actress herself became chubby at that time while recapturing or it was some adjustment to the model they made, whether for uglification or just to make her look older? But man, her whole body is pretty skinny and I've seen a lot of athletic women pack much more muscle. They either need to adjust that face or her body, but overall she's not really ugly at all.
The actress is slim as a toothpick, definitely not the reason of the change.

The original aloy was already fatter than her, now they just doubled down.

Fredrik

>Looked like she would cry if she broke a nail

It's a game about killing robotic dinosaurs for fucks sake, not UFC 2K. This is more insulting to the actress that modeled for them. I wouldn't lend my beautiful face to Guerrilla ever again, after that comment.
Lol yeah they kinda say that it wouldn’t be believable if a strong person was also beautiful. Guess they need to start watching sports?
Just one local example, needs to be uglier so she’d win more I guess... 😅

It is strange that they decided to make her face even chubbier than before. Her face really doesn't seem to belong to her body, now. They should just go ahead and have her body 20 lbs heavier, too. Or just go back to the old model.

She's absolutely hideous, which is why I stopped playing the first game and will be skipping the second.
Do you stop playing other games because the male protagonist doesn't tickle your fancy as well? I mean, there are plenty of reasons to not like a game, but if the game is good, then why not? I do have to say the new look to Alloy is jarring and needs to be fixed, but this comment is the epitome of what I expect out of a neckbeard. Her look aside, I look forward to the game I expect.

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Do you stop playing other games because the male protagonist doesn't tickle your fancy as well? I mean, there are plenty of reasons to not like a game, but if the game is good, then why not? I do have to say the new look to Alloy is jarring and needs to be fixed, but this comment is the epitome of what I expect out of a neckbeard. Her look aside, I look forward to the game I expect.

So him stopping playing that game because of looks is bad but you throwing a looks based insult is fine. :pie_diana:

Fredrik

I think there are other boards where people are annoyed at beautiful or sexy or busty characters as well and loudly declare how they’re ignoring a game and advice others to boycott a game as well, no matter how the gameplay is.
It’s just passionate people talking really. Why even think about it if you’re not bothered by it?
Just look the other way and enjoy the game. I would play it if the main character was a sumo wrestler, with a neckbeard. But I would prefer it if she was a curvy hottie, without beard.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
It's too funny. I actually went the opposite direction. I thought this was a non-issue until i read some of the quotes from GG employees talking about how a feminine looking girl wouldnt be taken seriously killing robot dinosaurs.
Same here. Then also seeing the fan-made modifications to Aloy and seeing how much better they were sort of opened my eyes - Aloy's not atrociously ugly but it IS a bit of wokeness creeping in. Either way it won't affect my purchase or my experience but it's fun to see discussed.

It's too funny. I actually went the opposite direction. I thought this was a non-issue until i read some of the quotes from GG employees talking about how a feminine looking girl wouldnt be taken seriously killing robot dinosaurs.

They are the real sexists, they think that a woman can't be strong unless she looked like a man because only men are strong:messenger_expressionless:

I like how Japanese creators make games and movies with strong, feminine and beautiful women and catering to both the male audience and the female audience, like this Japanese movie i just watched with my wife, i liked it for the action scenes and for the eye candy and she also liked it for the strong beautiful women fighting with Samurai swords:messenger_grinning_smiling:

46464664466446.jpg

They are the real sexists, they think that a woman can't be strong unless she looked like a man because only men are strong:messenger_expressionless:

I like how Japanese creators make games and movies with strong, feminine and beautiful women and catering to both the male audience and the female audience, like this Japanese movie i just watched with my wife, i liked it for the action scenes and for the eye candy and she also liked it for the strong beautiful women fighting with Samurai swords:messenger_grinning_smiling:

46464664466446.jpg

Silence. We all know you are here for the Japanese girls feet, smelling their panties and white stocking action in school uniforms.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Maria Sharapova is also an example of how a big girl with muscles can still be attractive.

1440690761-gettyimages-485147436.jpg

rs_600x600-200226055904-600-Maria-Sharapova-J1R-22620.jpg

Then you have other hot Grand Slam winners like Martina Hingis. Even Ana kornikova who never won a grand slam still competed with the best of the best in every tournament.

I am just not buying this excuse from developers that >I< wouldnt buy a hot chick doing badass things. We have actually been trained to buy into that since our childhood with Chun Li, Sonya, Camy and Lara Croft doing badass things and beating the shit out of ripped Kung Fu fighters. I never onced questioned how Chun Li could beat Zangief or how Lara was able to take on a fucking tiger in the opening of Tomb Raider 2.

For some reason, youtube recommended me this hilarious video. I of course clicked immediately. But this girl is ripped. Has a six pack. Still has an amazing ass that got 6 million guys to insta click on the video. And has a pretty toned face. I am actually not buying that a woman who hunts robot dinosaurs for a living (she's referred to as a hunter in the game) would have chubby cheeks.

Last edited:

Dacon

Banned
Lol yeah they kinda say that it wouldn’t be believable if a strong person was also beautiful. Guess they need to start watching sports?
Just one local example, needs to be uglier so she’d win more I guess... 😅

She's cute.

46464664466446.jpg

Movie name?

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Aloy is the suck. Her face looks constipated.

(This drama/meme fuel has actually made me decide to play HZD for the first time. No such thing as bad promotion, I guess)

Last edited:

Flutta

Banned
”Make females look like males” has been a trend going on for the past decade or more.

If you look closely at her face you’ll see a chubby looking young male with a wig on.

Warning! You wont be able to unsee it afterwards. 🤣

Top Bottom