• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf to me is the best gaming forum

cortadew

I've been here more than a year and after going through a lot of gaming forums like Gamefaqs, Reddit, Reset era, gamespot forums I have to say NeoGaf is frankly the best, I love the format and the kind of gamers that commute around here, people feel truly genuine and passionate about gaming.

For example I don't like Reddit too much because while some gaming subs are good the site encourages a hive mind kind of thinking. That doesn't apply here because GAF lacks the upvote-downvote system and everyone expresses their opinions freely.

In conclusion I am happy to be a member here.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Suck Up Season 1 GIF by Martin

anthony2690

Banned
I quite like it here as well.

You have a few weird fan boys here.
But atleast people are not completely unhinged and hoping for people to die for not agreeing with their views here.

& Xboxera the forum layout just doesn't do it for me & when I used it a while back (things might have changed) but a some of the users had an Xbox victim complex or seemed to hate on other platforms. (What I didn't really want to be part off, I just want to enjoy games across all platforms, even if Xbox is my preference)

:)

cortadew

I quite like it here as well.

You have a few weird fan boys here.
But atleast people are not completely unhinged and hoping for people to die for not agreeing with their views here.

& Xboxera the forum layout just doesn't do it for me & when I used it a while back (things might have changed) but a some of the users had an Xbox victim complex or seemed to hate on other platforms. (What I didn't really want to be part off, I just want to enjoy games across all platforms, even if Xbox is my preference)

:)
You have some fanboys yes but they are adorable fanboys lol

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
We like you too OP. <3

And yeah it's nice having a place where you can freely express what you think. I agree that Reddit is too much of a circle jerking place.

4chan's /v/ is cool too. Lots of shitty threads but also lots of freedom. Wouldn't recommend for the not open-minded tho.

Pejo

I feel like I bring this up in every thread like this, but I just wish GAF talked more about games instead of industry crap like mergers/sales numbers/rumors. Though it has been improving quite a bit lately, and the Elden Ring thread is still going strong.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I feel like I bring this up in every thread like this, but I just wish GAF talked more about games instead of industry crap like mergers/sales numbers/rumors. Though it has been improving quite a bit lately, and the Elden Ring thread is still going strong.
Agree mate.

I think having a "Business" board would do a lot of good to this place. Lots of times discussion about games gets buried because of the large amount of threads about adquisitions, sales and all of that.

Last edited:

Pejo

Agree mate.

I think having a "Business" board would do a lot of good to this place. Lots of times discussion about games gets buried because of the large amount of threads about adquisitions, sales and all of that.
Yea I just miss the days when you saw 50+ page |OT|s for big games and at least 10+ pages for the smaller niche titles. Most games under AAA budgets don't even get threads here, and we end up talking about them for 2-3 pages in the "reviews" or "release trailer" threads until they die out. I realize the general age of GAF posters are probably a little bit older than most gaming forums, so maybe people just like to talk about the stuff surrounding games but don't really play/have time for them anymore.

Of all the video game websites I frequent, this is one of them.

Kidding aside, the community here has real discussions about games and the industry. When news breaks, I’m usually in here lurking to see the opinions that I actually (mostly) respect.

Love you GAF!

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Used to be even better about 10 years ago. Lot's of great contributors making new .gifs, or leaking news or having awesome conversations, but sadly, Trump broke gaf and politics leaked hard into Gaming side. It was a mess for a few years. It's definitely circled back around to being pretty good, but it's not nearly as active as it used to be, or at least, it doesn't feel as active to me. It's still really the only place that I come to though, so I'm here for the long haul.

Metalman96

Agreed. I did use Reddit for a long time, but it's become such a shit hole the last several years that I'm trying to move away.

Top Bottom