• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf to me is the best gaming forum

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
giphy.webp
want-need-this.gif

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Yes, I think it is pretty clear by now. I am not complaining, each "house" has rules, it is like someone invite me to their house and I bring a dozen of sexy male strippers to a family dinner.
z3LMfE7.png
I don't think there's really any "house rules" to speak of here that would prevent you from doing pretty much anything ya want, but you can't be upset if you don't get the reaction or audience you'd like as it's just the nature of the beast. Common sense, reasonable/fair and non-personal discussions tend to be moderated fairly, but there's not a set standard.

Zeroing

Banned
I don't think there's really any "house rules" to speak of here that would prevent you from doing pretty much anything ya want, but you can't be upset if you don't get the reaction or audience you'd like as it's just the nature of the beast. Common sense, reasonable/fair and non-personal discussions tend to be moderated fairly, but there's not a set standard.
When I say house rules I mean mods doing their job/ public audience being different etc.
And like I said, I have no reason to complain I also take things very lightly. For me neogaf is best! I can make a silly joke and not being caught up with everyone being all serious and self righteous all the time!

Apocryphon

Been a GAF member since 2007. Got locked out of my old account due to forgetting my password and not having access to a previous employers email account. Told EviLore, "yo, recover my ancient account bro". Nothing. The lovable dipshit didn't reply. So this is my account now. Good times on GAF. 15 years this year. Yay.

Kumomeme

there still strong console wars tribalism here but what im appreciate the most is how less political here compared to those other site who always want turn everything into gender politic and cancel everyone.

atleast here you can speak your mind or atleast only talk about game without need to bother about certain political stuff

but sometimes i wish there is certain line drawn here. freedom of speech is good but no need to be racist or badly badmouthed others belief. mutual respect is also needed here.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Been a GAF member since 2007. Got locked out of my old account due to forgetting my password and not having access to a previous employers email account. Told EviLore, "yo, recover my ancient account bro". Nothing. The lovable dipshit didn't reply. So this is my account now. Good times on GAF. 15 years this year. Yay.
Where did you try to contact me? Regardless, since we're bros and all, I can fix your account access. Just PM me with the details.

_Ex_

This is a good forum for discussing modern gaming. It's not so great for retro gaming discussion however.

Spyxos

I was reading here and on era, but it was getting worse and worse with era. It's hardly about games anymore.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Just got a Xbox message about I should never play halo anymore. Although a little mean of him I understand why; I was piss drunk and on benzos playing ranked. Guess I wasn't helping my team very much

😰😅

Then again I'm not a 14 year old game fuel try hard.

Why does this shit bother me lol

Yep. Always has been.

On a separate note, I'm noticing a lot of older accounts are becoming active here again...

suspicious GIF
Yeah a fair number of the virtue signaling woke brigade who left clutching their pearls are coming back (perhaps after realizing their initial reaction was silly & most of the alternative forums are awful 🤷🏻‍♂️😅)

It's too easy to get baited on Reddit, you take the "wrong side" on some thread that involves politics on an unrelated sub and it's guaranteed some moderator is going to ban you.
Yup. But then that sort overreactive censorship is a “feature” of almost all active forums & social media at this point. It’s one of the chief reasons people end up siloing off into echo chambers. GAF isn’t immune to hive mind problems but on balance its much better in this forum vs most others I’ve encountered. A lot of the credit for that is the mods here tend to handle stuff with patience & common sense rather than constantly imposing their own biases & agendas.

Last edited:
Yup. But then that sort overreactive censorship is a “feature” of almost all active forums & social media at this point. It’s one of the chief reasons people end up siloing off into echo chambers. GAF isn’t immune to hive mind problems on balance its better in this forum vs most others I’ve encountered & lot of the credit for that is the mods here tend to handle stuff with patience & common sense rather than constantly imposing theit own biases & agendas.
I know really well the problems and limitations of the moderation here. Without personally attacking anyone or spreading any fake news I already got two warning. Pretty much for antagonizing people with what is pretty much just my opinion, just because it isn't popular or because it makes some people feel bad I get punished.

People actually get away with personal attacks to me, calling me names, etc. I reported one or two guys that resorted to call me a clown or a rat and the answer I got is that I deserve it because I antagonize them with my opinions. The only reason I reported them was to see if people clearly doing much worse than me would actually get punished as well, but no there's a clear double standard.

Now I just put anyone I find annoying on ignore, too bad that they don't realize it and keep replying to me.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I know really well the problems and limitations of the moderation here. Without personally attacking anyone or spreading any fake news I already got two warning. Pretty much for antagonizing people with what is pretty much just my opinion, just because it isn't popular or because it makes some people feel bad I get punished.

People actually get away with personal attacks to me, calling me names, etc. I reported one or two guys that resorted to call me a clown or a rat and the answer I got is that I deserve it because I antagonize them with my opinions. The only reason I reported them was to see if people clearly doing much worse than me would actually get punished as well, but no there's a clear double standard.
Looking at your post history as a new user with less than 1000 posts under your belt, maybe you should stop acting like a big shot muddying up every thread with anti-MS jabs.

Looking at your post history as a new user with less than 1000 posts under your belt, maybe you should stop acting like a big shot muddying up every thread with anti-MS jabs.
Maybe you should mind your own business? Put me on ignore please, you and your two or three friends, every thread I have to explain everything I say again and again because the same people find it so hard to understand and want to distort or guess what I actually meant to say or something.

Funny, is it a requirement that I must be kind to MS or like MS to be on this board? I generally don't like them, their PR spins and the things they do in the gaming space. You seem to like them. Am I bothering you saying that you must agree with me or requesting that you should not be here?

Last edited:

SegaManAU

Gold Member
Great forum that I've been a part of for 10 years. I love the fact that people can hang shit on each other and talk about games still. It's my kinda place!

Top Bottom