• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Would you be intersted in a backlog OT?

Would you be interested in a backlog OT?

• Yes

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
So this has been on my mind since i joined NeoGAF and i had a lot of thoughts on how to make one, obviously i have a medium to large backlog of games across a variety of consoles and i'm in no hurry to join the next gen train yet, and i find the LTTP/RTTP format too restrictive since it usually gets buried and is about one game.

I've finished around 5-10 games from my backlog in these past few months and I'm happy to say i had a positive experience with them and i would like to share my thoughts and love for these games with other members on here.

I get hyped to go play a game in my backlog when i watch videos, read detailed posts about a certain game that makes me want to fire it up and experience it for myself, thing is if I'm gonna make this OT and members wants to participate i would like a level of shall we say quality to this posts, what i mean by this is when members post in this OT it would be a details post with pros/cons/how long has the game been in their backlog, pics, videos, music and gifs to maybe hype anyone who reads and make them give the game a chance (or a second chance if they disliked it the first time) but I'm worried this would just turn off people from participating.

So what do you guys think? is it a good idea? should i do it? or should GAF just stick with the old formula of LTTP/RTTP?

EDIT: Poll added.

Last edited:
We've had two similar running threads, jshackles jshackles ' 52 games. 1 year challenge and my No New Games challenge.

Neither are aimed at clearing out the backlog, per se, but the end result is essentially that.
I never went into that thread to be honest, i felt like it's a personal challenge of not playing any new game rather than sharing the hype of games you missed the hype/discussion on when it was new, and as i said what i have in mind is more of a hyping up games so people give them a chance.
I think a thread getting people to stick with games is needed more lol.
How do you mean?

cormack12

Gold Member
I never went into that thread to be honest, i felt like it's a personal challenge of not playing any new game rather than sharing the hype of games you missed the hype/discussion on when it was new, and as i said what i have in mind is more of a hyping up games so people give them a chance.

How do you mean?

Like getting people to stop swapping games and see them through:)

R6Rider

Gold Member
I'd be up for posting in such a topic. I actually used to use the backlog (Backloggery?) website, but now just use a spreadsheet lol. Allows me to keep track so much easier based on each system.

teezzy

Banned
My 1000+ games library on different platforms, in different time periods is going to be coping hard.

83a.png

Like getting people to stop swapping games and see them through:)
I know what you mean, but i'm also of the mind that forcing yourself to continue playing a game your not enjoying is bad and turns the hobby into work, that's why i always have "palate cleanser" game/s, for example i'm playing 2 JRPGs at the moment and i take a break by playing Rainbow 6 Siege/Hades so when i go back to these 2 games i'm pumped up and ready.

Do PS1, PS2, Xbox, and 360 games count as backlog still? Because if so, then yes.
Of course! Dude most of my backlog is DS/3DS/Vita/Wii
you actually think people on neogaf play games lol

War has no time for games
Some of us do, but i totally get it, some time the only way you can engage with your hobby is through discussion since you've got no time because of job/kids/wife.
OP is like me when I comes to finishing backlog games by reading about them!
Yamate Kudasai Kojima-kun I'm not like you!

As i said i don't like to be restricted by my backlog nor do i think anyone should, it's a hobby not a job and backlogs shouldn't discourage you from buying or playing new stuff, last month i was playing a game from 2008 (Disgaea 3) and also playing a game of R6S/SFV in between and bought 2 new games (Trails Of Cold Steel IV and 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim).

As i said i want this to be about fun not work, i want you to look at your back log after getting hyped about a certain game and giving it a chance after ignoring it for a months/years.

Top Bottom