• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFs Game of the year game list - make sure your game is listed!

drganon

My top 5 of stuff I've played so far:
13 sentinels
Ghost of tsushima
Persona 5 Royal
Animal crossing new horizons
Trials of mana

Honorable mentions:
Atelier ryza
Sakura wars
Xenoblade chronicles de
Yakuza collection
Tony hawk 1 and 2
Ff7 remake

Also, some stuff I played this year but didn't actually come out in 2020:
The caligula effect
Ys8
Death stranding
Tokyo xanadu
Trails of cold steel 3
Batman Arkham asylum

Last edited:

small_law

Final Fantasy VII Remake, but after that things get fuzzy. Doom Eternal maybe and Borderlands 3 for a handful of interesting things it did, but everything else I played had flaws that would keep them out of a top five normally.

Weirdest year I've ever seen in video games.

cormack12

Gold Member
Are Early Acces games taken into account?

If so, you might add Baldur's Gate 3, Prodeus and Mount & Blade 2.

Not on list:

Mount & Blade II

Generally, these are the rules we have for GOTY threads (since before my time as well). I have no strong feelings personally but that has been the tradition. What do you think?

Are Early Access games eligible?
No, Early Access, beta, demo, and Greenlight games are not eligible. PC games must reach full release, or version 1.0 in order to be eligible.

dlc is eligible right? Can we add

Fire Emblem Three Houses: Cindered Shadows DLC

Certainly can :)

A ton of these games are not 2020 games. Ports should not count. Only remakes like FF7RE. Other GAAS like PSO2 and Warframe should not be on here either. Also 80% of these have no chance of winning GOTY. Trim the fat.

Might as well add Pong then.

You'd be surprised, I learned from the first year that it's better to have the games covered than not be there at all. It doesn't affect you in any way. Traditionally, these are the rules and have been for many years. There's probably a discussion to be had on this going forward (since the landscape has changed on remasters and ports), but that's probably not a week before the voting starts. Time isn't on our side at the moment.

Eligibility
  • Playable content released this year is eligible. This includes new games, remasters, ports, and so on. There is always a debate on this but ultimately if the content is appearing on the platform for the first time, it could be the first time certain players had the opportunity to play the title. It also provides a nice meta on the timeless quality of certain games, or the current thinking of modern games.
  • DLC, including expansion packs, are eligible to be voted on as long as it's playable.
  • Episodes of games released this year are eligible. In this case the votes will be amalgamated (e.g. different votes for LiS2 episodes will be grouped as LiS2)

Can I vote for the PC version of Death Stranding even though I played the PS4 version on the day it released last year,lol......god,I loved that game!

Yep! It got a PC release so, there it is!

What's Symphony of the Night doing there? did they re-re-re-release it? and as much as it would get my vote isn't Pathologic 2 from 2019?

SOTN got a mobile release on iOS and Android, and PS4 for Pathlogic 2 was this year. It;s probably best to only vote for them if you played them on those platforms I guess? But there are no hard and fast rules.

Us5Rdl.jpg

u4TYxd.jpg

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Yep, maybe it's fair to wsit until those games have come out of early access.:messenger_ok:

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
The Last Ghost of Tsushima 2

Last edited by a moderator:

vahid lp

Neo Member
hi guys, can i run PES2021 with this system??

CPU: Core i7 4702MQ 2.20GHz up to 3.20 GHz
RAM: 6 GB
GRAPHIC: 2GB NVIDIA GFORCE GT 740M

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
From the games I have finished, probably 13 Sentinels.

Still have to finish Cyberpunk 2077 and Yakuza 7 which are contenders for sure.

FF7 Remake is up there too.

Top Bottom