• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

NanaMiku

Fantastic game in its original Japanese release. The localization is fucking trash. Almost as bad as Fates "Translation".
Yeah, I hate Fates so much, they even remove Japanese dub from Fates and Shadow of Valentia remake, even though Awakening has Japanese dub. I skipped Shadow of Valentia of this

There's something Tree House have against Nintendo anime games, I hate their Xenoblade localizations, they not only censor dialogs but change names of everything... I really hate it, I know more people IRL and internet that will tell you what a Byakko is but zero that know what a Brirchmork or whatever they call it in Xenoblade 2 is.

They are literally making "localizations" for no one but themselves, they should be removed completely from those positions, those games are aimed at people that like anime in the west so they should leave those things untouched...
I don't understand why they need to change the location and character names. Xenoblade 2 was really bad, even the main character names are different. Engage was a bit better, almost all character and location have the same name.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Really? Is it that different?

Yea, basically everything changed for character interactions to nonsensical degrees. Any interaction that was nuanced in JPN is now "WE ARE FRIENDS NOW, WE HAVE FRIENDSHIP POWER. NAKAMA UNITE!" Absolutely idiotic.

Looking forward to some surprise announcements at the next Direct. Their early 2023 lineup is pretty quiet. FE, Kirby, then 3 months til Zelda. Feel like they need something else to slot into March/ April beyond a Bayonetta spin-off.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Looking forward to some surprise announcements at the next Direct. Their early 2023 lineup is pretty quiet. FE, Kirby, then 3 months til Zelda. Feel like they need something else to slot into March/ April beyond a Bayonetta spin-off.
We are also supposed to be getting that PRIME 1 remastered announced very soon. Bayonetta spin off is growing on me.

NanaMiku

The only surprise that I want

WiiU_XenobladeChroniclesX_artwork_01.jpg

The only Xenoblade game that aren't on Switch

NanaMiku

Needs a *lot* of tweaking and updating, but I agree with the sentiment if they put some serious effort into a port.
Yup, I don't which one will be easier, updating it or just remake it from zero. It also would be nice if they now use the original story that were scrapped because of multiplayer focus

I’m sure there will be an early year event between now and March where we’ll get an idea of the first half of the year, up until the E3 direct.

Andyliini

I’m sure there will be an early year event between now and March where we’ll get an idea of the first half of the year, up until the E3 direct.
February Direct is quite probable, considering previous years, though I wonder how much they have to show. Only months Nintendo does not have first party releases for first half of 2023 are April and June. Maybe they could have some old ports or smaller releases to fill the gaps, but I think most of the big games are saved for possible E3 Direct. Could be lots of DLC, as in Mario Kart 8, Fire Emblem Engage, Xenoblade Chronicles 3, and I'm sure there are more games that have DLC en route.

Exciting times nevertheless. Oh, and quarterly sales update is due in about 2 weeks.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Still laboring over whether or not I am going physical, or preorder digital now and preload.
I was physical at first but then i switched to digital. I feel like its a game ill be playing for a while so just ease of going back and forth between other games.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Yes it was! Incredible trailer. Really got me in the right mood. Damn excited for Friday.
I think ive watched it five or 6 times haha. Including both trailers back to back from Breath of the Wild to this. Really getting me excited. It's been hard to avoid leaks. They are everywhere. Im really curious about the companion system that we saw in the trailers.

Mr Hyde

I think ive watched it five or 6 times haha. Including both trailers back to back from Breath of the Wild to this. Really getting me excited. It's been hard to avoid leaks. They are everywhere. Im really curious about the companion system that we saw in the trailers.

It's an awesome trailer so I fully understand repeat viewing. I've managed to stay clear from all leaks, thank God 🙏 It was much worse when TLOU 2 leaked, it was no escaping unless you logged off the internet completely. Leakers are the worst.

Jooxed

Gold Member
It's an awesome trailer so I fully understand repeat viewing. I've managed to stay clear from all leaks, thank God 🙏 It was much worse when TLOU 2 leaked, it was no escaping unless you logged off the internet completely. Leakers are the worst.
Yeah, I get that. The only leaks ive really paid attention to are the new hardware leaks. We desperately need that Switch 2

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I was physical at first but then i switched to digital. I feel like its a game ill be playing for a while so just ease of going back and forth between other games.

I decided on digital. I realized I'd probably be doing the same as you and didn't want to fuss with the cart. Besides, the game will be in circulation forever so if I change my mind I can grab a used cart later.

I was surprised Nintendo allowed me to use all of my gold coins on this - I saved $10.10, getting it for $59.89.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
How’s everyone enjoying TOTK

Easily the best game since Elden Ring, just barely pushing out Pentiment for me as a platform exclusive. So much to do, see, and explore. Truly feels like I am a kid again playing Zelda 1 on my NES at my grandma's.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Ive spent so many hours in the game already and Ive only unlocked 3 map segments and done 1 temple.. This is going to take a while.

If they’re going to quietly release this expecting no one to buy it, they may as well have just included it for free with NSO.

Last edited:
Grezzo will be putting a game out on Apple Arcade pretty soon.

They’ve been putting out Nintendo exclusives for over a decade so somewhat unexpected.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Grezzo will be putting a game out on Apple Arcade pretty soon.

They’ve been putting out Nintendo exclusives for over a decade so somewhat unexpected.
Grezzo is also working on another Game for Nintendo. I think its going to be another Zelda remake in the style of links awakening.

Top Bottom