• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

Jooxed

Gold Member
Man usually I would find one or two things in an indie direct I wanted to check out. This one was a big nothing. I’m still waiting on indies from a few directs ago to be released like Omori

I hope Nintendo's "E3" direct is full of surprises. I wonder when Nintendo's Breath of the Wild 2 info blowout is going to be. I originally assumed it would be this next direct, but with BOTW II delayed, maybe it's next year? I think I was spoiled by the original's constant stream of info and videos.

Astral Dog

i thought someone took this post a little personal and banned me yesterday, 😳 i didn't mean to be mean i guess it was a little innapropiate, going to try stay on topic now sometimes i can't help myself writting too much randomess😅

Hmmmm

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
i don't like using dudebro to describe anyone but GAF is super dudebro

its practically impossible to talk about the games i like here lol, sometimes it feels like im on another planet, but i still hang out because its chill to me, there are worse places and i don't want an echo chamber either so 🤷🏻‍♂️
It’s for me as well, my taste in games kind of niche compare to others and if I didn’t made thread about games like 13 Sentinels it would have been completely ignored here.

Please Teach Me Onedari Shogi is $2 on eshop: https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/please-teach-me-onedari-shogi-switch/

screenshot01

Tams

Gold Member
Not part of rhe old crew, but I just buy the games that interest me and play them. I don't really feel like discussing them. About 80% are for the Switch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeeves

Quiet NintendoGaffer checking in. I'm glad this thread is back to Gaming section where I can see it; I forgot it was here.

Not much to report. Lately I've been playing the new Kirby (loving it) and...Iwata forgive me...Pokemon Unite.

Aldric

Also wasn’t monolith supposed to be working on a new IP?
It's never been officially announced or anything like that but yeah, they've apparently been working on a new action focused medieval fantasy IP since at least mid 2017, that's what this infamous recruitment ad on their official website is about:

https://www.monolithsoft.co.jp/recruit/special/

I really hope it hasn't been cancelled, it's probably the game I'm the most excited for (despite the fact we know nothing about it).

StormCell

It's never been officially announced or anything like that but yeah, they've apparently been working on a new action focused medieval fantasy IP since at least mid 2017, that's what this infamous recruitment ad on their official website is about:

https://www.monolithsoft.co.jp/recruit/special/

I really hope it hasn't been cancelled, it's probably the game I'm the most excited for (despite the fact we know nothing about it).
Figure it died a cold hard death with the other 95% of the ideas Nintendo has axed. Monoalith will do two things from here on out: 1) Create new Xenoblade games, 2) Help other studios with things like world buildling.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
My Switch is getting dusty lately. :lollipop_crying:

Tried 13 Sentinels, game is amazing but I realized I'm not in the mood for that kinda game, and moved to more action-oriented games. I'll go back to it eventually ofc, the story seemed to be between good and amazing, and the art as usual with Vanillaware is top tier, peak 2D gold.

A bit excited for the new Mario Strikers. My frens and I still play the GC one, so it'll be cool having a new version of that game.

Aldric

Figure it died a cold hard death with the other 95% of the ideas Nintendo has axed. Monoalith will do two things from here on out: 1) Create new Xenoblade games, 2) Help other studios with things like world buildling.
If it did they'd have removed the recruitment ad but it's still there.

Quantum253

After the Switch and the switch lite have been out for several years, what's the consensus with using almost solely undocked? I've been wanting to jump back into Nintendo (the last system was the launch 3DS), but want it mainly on the go and playing something while laying down. Do the motion controls cause any issues while being a handheld? I'm sad I've missed the latest Zelda/Mario/etc and want to jump back in for Metroid and to catch up. Of course, at this point, I'm almost wanting to wait for Switch 2 or jump into a SteamDeck.

Aldric

After the Switch and the switch lite have been out for several years, what's the consensus with using almost solely undocked? I've been wanting to jump back into Nintendo (the last system was the launch 3DS), but want it mainly on the go and playing something while laying down. Do the motion controls cause any issues while being a handheld? I'm sad I've missed the latest Zelda/Mario/etc and want to jump back in for Metroid and to catch up. Of course, at this point, I'm almost wanting to wait for Switch 2 or jump into a SteamDeck.
I'd say the only game where motion controls would be a problem while playing handheld only would be Splatoon 2, everything else should be fine. I'd recommend avoiding the Lite because if you get stick drift here repairing or replacing it would be much more of a pain in the ass than with a regular joycon.

Quantum253

I'd say the only game where motion controls would be a problem while playing handheld only would be Splatoon 2, everything else should be fine. I'd recommend avoiding the Lite because if you get stick drift here repairing or replacing it would be much more of a pain in the ass than with a regular joycon.
Thanks for the info. That's unfortunate that stick drift is still a thing. I heard about it back at launch, among the weird slide locking issue, but hoped it'd be mostly solved. I'll have to look into an OLED Switch.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Here's the latest addition to my game collection:

aDPhLNM.jpg

They say it's a bad remaster, and it's most likely true, but at least it's physical. Never could get into Chrono Trigger, but will try this at some point.
Man I wish i got this physical.

I have been thinking of picking up Immortals Pheonix Rising. Currently Playing Little NIghtmares 2 after finishing the first one.

Filben

Here's the latest addition to my game collection:

aDPhLNM.jpg

They say it's a bad remaster, and it's most likely true, but at least it's physical. Never could get into Chrono Trigger, but will try this at some point.
Is it a flip cover or how do you got a version without the age recommendation sticker on it?

Collecting games in Germany is a pain in the arse because the age restriction logo is fucking huge and ugly as shit. I always import from Austria, Denmark, Czech Republic and sometimes France because no import customs and they use the much much smaller PEGI symbol.

Top Bottom