• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer: Horizon Forbidden West – Introducing The Mighty Slitherfang

AlexxKidd

From Game Informer,

The Slitherfang stands among the most impressive new machines of Horizon Forbidden West. Fans got their first glimpse of this intimidating hybrid of a cobra and rattlesnake in a new trailer from The Game Awards. This towering serpent packs a wallop, and we got to watch Aloy go head-to-head with it.

A new hands-off look at a jaw-dropping boss fight against this mechanical serpent gave us a good idea of everything it can do. First and foremost, the Slitherfang can fire pressurized acid streams generated by a tank at the base of its throat. Given the extended range of this attack, firing arrows at the acid tank to disable this attack and other orange-colored components should be done as early as possible.

Rea

Incredible!!
Pep Guardiola Wow GIF

GymWolf

Oooof.gif

Now i only need confirmation that dinibots can fuck each other like in the previous game to be perfection.

Very cool. I wonder how much work goes into animating something like that
I don't know about animation but the thunderjaw took a year and a half to design and work properly I remember guerilla saying.

The thunderjaw was the most complex machine so they focused on that first. Once they had that right they knew they could do the rest of the machines

Last edited:

Fredrik

👌
Can’t say take my money because they’ve already taken my money (preordered)
Simply amazing!

There is slight jerkiness in the animations at one point though, it kinda still works knowing it’s a machine but I think they should let Housemarque do some magic on the slithering

skit_data

Holy shit, that’s intense!
I really look forward to the improved movement that glider and hookshot will provide.

I’m really interested to see the differences between the PS4 and PS5 version as well. It may possibly be the most impressive PS4 game from a graphics stand point. This and God of War Ragnarök will probably make that little box’s fan go full throttle constantly.

GymWolf

The first one doesn’t take advantage of any fast loading of the PS5s internal SSD, correct?

So I can get the same 60fps with it on the external SSD? Have the complete edition, just need to DL and install.
It has improved loading times on ps5, but not instantaneous like morales or demons.

Remember to play on ultra hard and to put on normal\hard only for the challenges where you need gold (do all of them since they gave you the most powerfull weapon in the vanilla campaign)

Last edited:

GymWolf

Pretty dumb name for a pretty cool enemy.

Got all gold on Ultra.

Happy Indiana Pacers GIF by NBA
Dude you can probably see the strings of code in the matrix, ultra skilled player are not the norm and i don't wanna be responsible for deepenigma attempted suicide for trying the trials on ultra hard.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Seriously this looks insane. How is THAT going to run on a PS4? What the fuck?
First game ran at 1080p. If they go for 900p for the sequel they would instantly get 40% more gpu power to
up the effects. You can do a lot with that much gpu in your hands. The biggest upgrades here are the lighting model and alloy’s character model.

Aside from hero lighting, i expect both the character model and the lighting to be the same on the ps4. Maybe you get better hair only on ps5 but i am certain the face will look the same. Just look at forza horizon 5, its basically identical aside from some LOD changes and some graphics settings turned up to max vs low to medium on last gen consoles.

Last edited:
Top Bottom