• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones (Season 2) Bluray/DVD - February 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

I recently picked up the Season 1 box set with the replica egg.

Is there going to be something similar for Season 2?

Is HBO Select, an online HBO store exclusive thing?

No, but they're re-releasing it as a combo

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AB55BS0/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Wait it says these combo sets are 7 discs for both bluray and DVD, last year the bluray one alone was 5 discs. Are they compressing the episodes more? Did they use single layer only discs last year or something?

Blu ray is exactly the same, even the same fold out accordion. The difference is the box it slides into and the Ned slipcover are slightly larger, to accommodate the new items. The DVDs have all episodes on two, double sided discs. So 2-3 episodes per side, or 5 episodes on each disc. I don't know if the extras are on the DVD version or not. I can imagine they may have been cut to avoid over compression of the episodes and having to produce an extra DVD.

I was talking about this one, were you thinkin the same one?

883929253852;size=m2

He was confused. The original blu-ray sets were 35 week 1 when they were released way back, and that is what he was talking about. The collector's edition came many months later, and that is the one that was on sale last month for $40.

That set has the "Select" version with Blu, DVD, and digital. It is in a large box, with the four house sigil design on the top half. Same textured material as the Best Buy Exclusive covers but sturdier (I sold my Stark cover after I got it and made a profit, as all houses are on the cover anyways). Anyways, it also comes with a dragon egg paperweight usually only available through the HBO shop. Finally it has a little cardboard sleeve with episode 1 of season 2 on blu.

iammeiam

So what format do the digital copies come in?

Options of iTunes, Amazon video, or Vudu (I've heard that at least the iTunes version is HD, so the others probably are too.) You also get an Ultraviolet copy in addition. Pretty solid variety.

Seanspeed

Banned
I hope to find it for $30 like I did with Season 1. Otherwise........I might just have to..............wait a really long time.

Eric C

Blu ray is exactly the same, even the same fold out accordion. The difference is the box it slides into and the Ned slipcover are slightly larger, to accommodate the new items. The DVDs have all episodes on two, double sided discs. So 2-3 episodes per side, or 5 episodes on each disc. I don't know if the extras are on the DVD version or not. I can imagine they may have been cut to avoid over compression of the episodes and having to produce an extra DVD.

OK, so 5 BluRay discs just like last year + 2 double sided DVDs.

Norfair

Options of iTunes, Amazon video, or Vudu (I've heard that at least the iTunes version is HD, so the others probably are too.) You also get an Ultraviolet copy in addition. Pretty solid variety.

Awesome, well except for the Ultraviolet stuff. Have no interest in that.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
The commentaries for the first season were so damn good. But we only got 7 of them for 10 episodes! I felt ripped off watching the three episodes that didn't have them. Now we get more commentaries than actual episodes? I don't even know what to do with myself I'm so excited!

Game of Thrones Season 2 w/Target exclusive bonus Blu-ray (includes 20 minute feature interview with author George R. R. Martin plus 4 behind the scenes featurettes) (Blu+DVD+DC) $29.99 [/B]

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=214558
pretty sure thats a reliable site.

will be at target right when they open on that day, or buy it from amazon, dont know..those extra future do sound good.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Game of Thrones Season 2 w/Target exclusive bonus Blu-ray (includes 20 minute feature interview with author George R. R. Martin plus 4 behind the scenes featurettes) (Blu+DVD+DC) $29.99 [/B]

will be at target right when they open on that day, or buy it from amazon, dont know..those extra future do sound good.

I'd be regretting that I paid $35 at Walmart already, but Target has a terrible track record with stocking heavily-discounted items, at least around here.

For you Canadians, I see it is available for preorder on Blu-Ray at Futureshop for the same price as amazon, and includes free shipping, AS WELL AS the special GREYJOY and LANNISTER covers.

I'm going with Lannister myself.

M2203708.jpg

m2203709.jpg

Decado

While I did buy the first season, I'm a bit torn about whether to wait from now on for the inevitable "complete" series. Does HBO do anything special for their full series blu-ray/DVD releases?

I'd be regretting that I paid $35 at Walmart already, but Target has a terrible track record with stocking heavily-discounted items, at least around here.

Yeah I had that problem with Avengers, but Best Buy price matched the Target price. Probably will try to get them to price match this time as well with the Targaryen cover

While I did buy the first season, I'm a bit torn about whether to wait from now on for the inevitable "complete" series. Does HBO do anything special for their full series blu-ray/DVD releases?

Usually really slick packaging and maybe a few extra bonus features

Chris R

Oh man... Might just skip the best buy slip cover with that price difference! Doubt they would match seeing as the item is totally different.

I imagine you'd probably be waiting for about 10 years for a complete series set to come out.

Lumiere

Neo Member
Last year Best Buy dropped price at the last minute for Season 1 - if I remember correctly, the cheapest a few days before release was $35 at Amazon, and Best Buy dropped to $35 as well on release date.

Considering we still have over a week to go, I think it's a bit early to say how much the price difference with Target will be.

Oh man... Might just skip the best buy slip cover with that price difference! Doubt they would match seeing as the item is totally different.

They matched Target's price for Avengers for me, that had a bonus disc as well. Dunno about the exclusive cover messing it up though. I'll probably try it anyway

Last year Best Buy dropped price at the last minute for Season 1 - if I remember correctly, the cheapest a few days before release was $35 at Amazon, and Best Buy dropped to $35 as well on release date.

Considering we still have over a week to go, I think it's a bit early to say how much the price difference with Target will be.

That too. I'm still hoping to get it at Best Buy for ~30 since I have some reward zone coupons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom