• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scuderia

I have to say i am quite enjoying AFFC, i'm up to about page 650 or so.

It's definitely a massive change of pace, but the majority of the storylines are enjoyable i think.

I only ever read on my breaks at work (i get 2 hours a shift), and most of the time it's at 2 in the morning in a massive deserted call centre, with not another person about, which is an awesome place to read.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
No Frey towers? Booooo.

I'm probably going to stick with the regular edition (barf) since I've stuck with them the past two seasons.

CassSept

Third set is best but Tyrell, Stannis and Tullys are not really major (yet) or popular houses among TV crowd, they are most likely doomed. Second one is majorly pulling ahead and will probably be that way until the end.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
-Cover set 3:
1017248_10151516818022734_248333550_n.jpg

-Gold Derby talks to Kit Harington (briefly discusses a deleted scene at 2:20)

First set is hideous and they've already done the second set before. Everyone should vote for set 3.

Yeah Stark, Targaryen, and Lannister set is more than doubling votes for the 1st and 3rd sets.

jFvpFI1.gif

You have got to be fucking kidding me.

Pocks

I put my vote in for the 3rd set, but it looks like the 2nd is going to win. That said, HBO just says it may be the new cover.. hopefully they pick the 3rd because it's clearly the best.

dubq

I put my vote in for the 3rd set, but it looks like the 2nd is going to win. That said, HBO just says it may be the new cover.. hopefully they pick the 3rd because it's clearly the best.

That's true. Also it could always be another exclusive set for a different retailer.

dubq

They probably had a lot of requests for repeat covers. I don't know anyone who bought multiple BRD sets just to get the other covers. I just bought the Stark and Greyjoy versions and left it at that.

Dysun

Yeah I'm surprised he never showed up with the wight's hand at King's Landing, he fell into the plot hole and into Castle Black lala-land

Iksenpets

Banned
Torn on the covers. I've got Stark and Greyjoy for seasons 1 & 2, and am totally Team Stannis, but Dany kind of earned the Targ dragon on the cover of this season with all the slaver burning. As long as by the end of the series I can have a 7 box set of Stark/Lannister/Targ/Stannis/Greyjoy/Tyrell/Martell, I'll be good. Tully I'd only really want if we get to 8 seasons.

And anyone who votes for those face portraits deserves to get Theon'd.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Personally, it kind of works out for me this year because I didn't get a Stark cover for season 1, so now I can considering I have zero interest in the key art for season 3.

I agree. I'm now reminded how fucking atrocious the art for Season 3 is. I don't particularly want to own that.

Iksenpets

Banned
Didn't he take the hand of the wight to show it to Joffrey? Can't remember if they actually had that event in the book or if it was just mentioned.

In the show Mormont sends Thorne to deliver the hand at the end of season 1, but then in season 2 he never shows up in King's Landing, and instead Tyrion just gets a letter from Commander Mormont saying the dead are rising. One of the bigger plotholes that's popped up thus far in the course of adapting things.

Trasher

In the show Mormont sends Thorne to deliver the hand at the end of season 1, but then in season 2 he never shows up in King's Landing, and instead Tyrion just gets a letter from Commander Mormont saying the dead are rising. One of the bigger plotholes that's popped up thus far in the course of adapting things.

Right, I was just trying to recall if the book included the event at all of when he actually arrived in King's Landing though.

Iksenpets

Banned
Right, I was just trying to recall if the book included the event at all of when he actually arrived in King's Landing though.

Oh, yeah, it did. I remember a scene of Tyrion making fun of him to make sure the people at court didn't think he was crazy and superstitious about the Others, but then making sure to let Thorne take anyone from the dungeons that he wants as recruits, since he really does believe in the threat.

Xamdou

-Season 3 DVD and Blu-ray hits Feb 18th, fans vote on alternate covers
-Vote here
-Cover set 2:
421830_10151516817982734_216497986_n.jpg

------------------------------------

This thread won't be closed, but there is significant demand here for a thread that discusses adaption for all the books, especially now that we'll be looking at some adaption of the books beyond ASOS.

Omfg Cover set #2 please! I have the Stark and Lannister exclusive covers already, I just need Targaryan one to complete my trifecta collection!!!

Enosh

lets take the house sigils of 3 of the biggest and most poplar houses and them against 3 houses no one* gives a fuck about
gee I wonder who will win

*excluding the die hard Stannis fanbase who probably won't buy season 3 dvd anyway :p

Iksenpets

Banned
lets take the house sigils of 3 of the biggest and most poplar houses and them against 3 houses no one* gives a fuck about
gee I wonder who will win

*excluding the die hard Stannis fanbase who probably won't buy season 3 dvd anyway :p

Team Stannis does its duty and buys the box sets for the series its been given. A bad adaptation of one character does not wash out the good, no more than the good adaptations wash out the bad. That's what real Stannis would tell us. :(

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Omfg Cover set #2 please! I have the Stark and Lannister exclusive covers already, I just need Targaryan one to complete my trifecta collection!!!

Yeah, well, in that case, I hope people choose those same three covers for season 5, season 6, etc. Stark, Targaryen, and Lannister covers for the rest of the series!!!!

You are why we cannot have nice things.
Hey I voted for cover set #3 to get Stannis the Mannis. The votes have been clear though, Stark, Lannister, and Targaryen all the way.
European cover

Edit: I just realized that this cover fits season 1 to 3 perfectly. A bloody direwolf is certainly a reference the viewer will appreciate on a second viewing!

UNF is that real? So good.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Yea but he was sent specifically to show the hand...and it never happened on the show. I just thought that was rather odd.

Yeah I was expecting that to happen as well, but it's not a big deal, easily fixed through exposition and the audience just "didn't see it happen".

People think the weirdest things are important to show.

ASOS
Since S4 will likely end with Jon's appointment to Lord Commander, I think it's possible that Thorn will be reintroduced early in S4 in Kings Landing, and have him arrive back at the Wall at the end of S4 in episode 8 or 9. After the battle.

Atsumi

-Season 3 DVD and Blu-ray hits Feb 18th, fans vote on alternate covers
-Vote here
-Cover set 1:
1010592_10151516817972734_606460495_n.jpg

-Cover set 2:
421830_10151516817982734_216497986_n.jpg

-Cover set 3:
1017248_10151516818022734_248333550_n.jpg

------------------------------------

This thread won't be closed, but there is significant demand here for a thread that discusses adaption for all the books, especially now that we'll be looking at some adaption of the books beyond ASOS.
Oh man, that Stannis sigil is gorgeous.

Trasher

People think the weirdest things are important to show.

Sort of on topic to this: my roommate was quite upset that Jon had zero reaction to seeing the direwolves in episode 9. I reassured him that he would mention them in the finale at some point, but alas! Nothing! He better say something in season 4 lol. I do agree with him though. They should have at least maybe shown some sort of reaction from Jon when Summer jumped out of nowhere and ripped that dude up. Obviously they didn't have to be super obvious and give Jon a line like "whoa a direwolf!" It would have been nice if he acknowledged their presence in some way though. I'm holding on to hope for the next season that he will mention them in some capacity. I ended up checking the books, and I believe internally he thought it was Ghost at first.

Sort of on topic to this: my roommate was quite upset that Jon had zero reaction to seeing the direwolves in episode 9. I reassured him that he would mention them in the finale at some point, but alas! Nothing! He better say something in season 4 lol. I do agree with him though. They should have at least maybe shown some sort of reaction from Jon when Summer jumped out of nowhere and ripped that dude up. Obviously they didn't have to be super obvious and give Jon a line like "whoa a direwolf!" It would have been nice if he acknowledged their presence in some way though. I'm holding on to hope for the next season that he will mention them in some capacity. I ended up checking the books, and I believe internally he thought it was Ghost at first.

He thought it was Grey Wind at first if I recall correctly.

Cause you gotta pour more salt in that wound amiright

Trasher

He thought it was Grey Wind at first if I recall correctly.

Cause you gotta pour more salt in that wound amiright

Chapter summary (Jon V) from AWOIAF:
Jon mistakes the wolf for Ghost or Grey Wind for a moment, wondering if Robb returned to the North, but he never realizes that it is Summer.

Next chapter (Jon VI; spoiler just in case I suppose):
Grenn tells him that Winterfell has been burned to the ground and that Bran and Rickon Stark are dead at the hands of Theon Greyjoy. Jon tells them that there is some kind of mistake, for he saw a grey direwolf at Queenscrown. Jon wonders if Bran lives on through his direwolf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom