• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
How dark are people expecting the Dornish to be? Aren't they supposed to look Mediterranean? I thought the Summer Islanders are supposed to be the black people in this universe?

Eidan

How dark are people expecting the Dornish to be? Aren't they supposed to look Mediterranean? I thought the Summer Islanders are supposed to be the black people in this universe?

I dunno. Maybe something like this?

images

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Depends if they're salty, stony or sandy Dornish. Or Greenblood orphans. :D

Edit: this is a good fanart of Arianne, IMO:
128243.gif

Eidan

I've tolerated, and even supported, many changes from book to show. But if Arianne doesn't have nice, dark nipples, I riot.

Snake

Are the Dornish supposed to have accents? I always figured that they speak English the same just as everyone else. They just look different because a lot of their ancestors came from Essos through Nymeria's army.

Oh I agree completely. I just meant I wondered what his British-ish accent would sound like, since I have only heard him speaking English with American and Latin American accents.

For the Red Viper I was expecting someone that was going to look a little more badass. ASOS
it takes a beast to want to go up against the mountain
. I guess we will see when he is all done up.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Because he's too well known from other roles, or because he's not a good actor?

(or something else?)

The only thing I've seen him in is Showtime's 'Sleeper Cell', and I thought that he was one of the weakest links in that show. I don't think he has the presence that The Red Viper requires.

Hindle

Banned
I'm thinking they'll cast South Amercians and Spanish actors as the Martels based off the actor they've chosen for Oberyn

Id say Ana De la Reguera as Elia Martel

Racquel Del Rosario as Arianne

Edurn as Nymeria.

Would be my choices.

Am I right in thinking there were 3 kinds of Dornish? Like... something like Stony, Sandy, something-else-y? :p and the skin tone changed between them?

I kind of need to re-read AFFC and ADWD, I didn't take in much of the Dorne stuff.

Snake

Am I right in thinking there were 3 kinds of Dornish? Like... something like Stony, Sandy, something-else-y? :p and the skin tone changed between them?

Yes.

Stony: Described as being as white as most people in the Seven Kingdoms. Brown and blonde hair.
Salty: "Smooth olive skin." House Martell is for the most part made up of Salty Dornishmen. [AFFC]
But the Sand Snakes vary wildly since they have mothers from all over.
Sandy: Darker olive skin. Dark hair.

Oberyn is slightly older than Jaime and Cersei. He's probably late 30's early 40's in the books. In the show they'll probably make him mid to late 40s.

Iksenpets

Banned
Are the Dornish supposed to have accents? I always figured that they speak English the same just as everyone else. They just look different because a lot of their ancestors came from Essos through Nymeria's army.

That movie is fucking awesome, though :D
It's so fucking funny, there's a lot of little details in that movie that make me laugh.

The books mention a Dornish drawl, I think, but I have no idea what that would mean in the context of real world accents.

Anyway, he's about what I imagined. Olive but not dark dark. Maybe a little younger and softer looking, but a beard could fix that.

I wonder if the decision to go for a lesser known actor stems from how going for a name kind of burned them with Mance?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
If the book mentioned how old the Red Viper was then I missed it, cause this is sort of how I imagined him while reading.
Wot. You imagined Oberyn as... Ser Barristan? lol.

Oberyn is about 45, dark hair, clean-shaven with a widow's peak, and tan skinned. This dude looks about 60, pasty, and white-bearded. I just... what

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom