• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Game Pass} New Games coming in the Second Half of March 2022

Vasto

Available-Today_Coming-Soon_3.15.2022.jpg

March15-Touch_Controls.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

CamHostage

Good that they landed that March 17th date as rumored, looking forward to this for a while.

I like the direction of a more "realistic", Amped style of snowboarding (albeit come back soon, SSX...) Riders Republic and even Steep didn't really connect for me and I hope Shredders finally fills that gap. I would some day still like a boarding game with more physical impact of landing, as we lost that "stomp it out" feel of needing to have the board set right or else your balance is a little wonky until you recover; 1080 did that way back when but pretty much every game since has been about the fun of tricking instead of the feel and challenge of success in even simple jumps.

As far as playing Shredders, this video shows the meters and mechanics (looks like there's a little bit of pre-load to jumps, plus some kind of "Flow" meter but I'm not understanding that, it goes down in perfect landings and not others and doesn't seem to be based on balance or wobbliness on a sudden change of terrain?) a little bit better than trailers alone. Looking forward to some full run tapes before the game comes out.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Looks cool, in fact it looks really fun, will definitely give it a try when it releases on Steam.

I was about to (predictably) complain about the constant stuttering in the video posted by CamHostage CamHostage but I know you posted that more to show the meters and mechanics anyway mate (y). In a strange turn of events the Twatter video is perfectly beautifully smooth compared to it lol

So I hope the performance is indicative of the twatter video and not the youtube video one, it drops every 3rd frame and sometimes hangs for 3 or more frames, its pretty awful imo. Rendering 60fps is a bit meaningless if you drop frames constantly, maybe its games/v-sync causing it but I'd assume its capture software mismatch or something like that since its perfectly smooth in the other twatter one and both appear to have come from the devs.

Kuranghi

Seems like a great game to blaze a fat one and then get lost in, gives me flashbacks of continually crashing into the exact same tree in Steep over and over but refusing to reset instead of just continuing on from that point because I wanted Gold.

Kuranghi

Steep was ass.

Yeah, I had fun running some wingsuit courses over and over until I got gold and then I looked for the actual game and I was like:

What The Hell Hello GIF by StoryMe

Plus snowboarding/skiing fucking sucked and I didn't understand how it was supposed to work after like 4 hours lmao.

Last edited:
Good that they landed that March 17th date as rumored, looking forward to this for a while.

I like the direction of a more "realistic", Amped style of snowboarding (albeit come back soon, SSX...) Riders Republic and even Steep didn't really connect for me and I hope Shredders finally fills that gap. I would some day still like a boarding game with more physical impact of landing, as we lost that "stomp it out" feel of needing to have the board set right or else your balance is a little wonky until you recover; 1080 did that way back when but pretty much every game since has been about the fun of tricking instead of the feel and challenge of success in even simple jumps.

As far as playing Shredders, this video shows the meters and mechanics (looks like there's a little bit of pre-load to jumps, plus some kind of "Flow" meter but I'm not understanding that, it goes down in perfect landings and not others and doesn't seem to be based on balance or wobbliness on a sudden change of terrain?) a little bit better than trailers alone. Looking forward to some full run tapes before the game comes out.

A mode I truly hope is there day one - I just want all the UI off and to shred out on my own without care for my score. Just like their reveal videos, pure and unadulterated snowboarding.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
Weird West is a Raphaël Colantonio game, ex-president of Arkane games if you like Dark Messahi, Arx Fatalis, Dishonored, Prey.

Oh , shit your right forgot about that game. Thats the diablo top down western fantasy game right?

jaysius

Banned
Wow, another shit drop, except for Guardians of the Galaxy, this month has been pretty bad. At least the drop isn’t filled with cloud add dupes.

reksveks

I suspect that I will be enticed by Nonary Games but Tunic will be the game that I will largely be playing this second half of the month.

jaysius

Banned
I suspect that I will be enticed by Nonary Games but Tunic will be the game that I will largely be playing this second half of the month.
I 100% forgot that Tunic was coming, they should have put it there instead of that old visual novel, or the point and click could have been saved for a later drop.

Wow Tunic IS NOT a Gamepass game, I could’v sworn MS said it was going to be one.

Tunic NOT on Gamepass.

Tunic isn’t even that good from the demos they’ve released, like a worse balanced Death’s Door.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Tunic is releasing tomorrow if I'm not mistaken, right ?

If you're even remotely interested in visual novels play the nonary games... They are incredibly good.

That's the plan !

Between Kentucky Road and this, good month for fans of visual novel style games.

Last edited:

Belthazar

I 100% forgot that Tunic was coming, they should have put it there instead of that old visual novel, or the point and click could have been saved for a later drop.

Wow Tunic IS NOT a Gamepass game, I could’v sworn MS said it was going to be one.

Tunic NOT on Gamepass.

Tunic isn’t even that good from the demos they’ve released, like a worse balanced Death’s Door.

Is Tunic NOT on gamepass? Wow... That game will massively flop, won't it? It'll probably do better whenever it releases elsewhere.

Lognor

Banned
None of those have I heard of outside of F1, CRusader Kings, Spelunky 2, Lumines.

Outside of Guardians, I think I'll pass on this month.
So you've heard of half of the games? LOL, that's really good! Don't downplay that. F1 is huge (not in the US though). These others are big too. You should check out the Nonary Games. Excellent visual novel style game.

Top Bottom