• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamefly saving "Long Wait" titles for new recruits?

Tarazet

I signed up over the weekend, and apparently now I've got a copy of Disgaea coming to me in the mail!

Big WTF moment - makes me wonder if they did this just to give me a favorable first impression. Whatever it is, I'm fucking happy right now.

Matlock

Banned
There have been numerous reports that their service degrades at a rate equal to the amount of time you spend with them.

Tarazet

Matlock said:
There have been numerous reports that their service degrades at a rate equal to the amount of time you spend with them.

I've heard that too. It certainly can't get much better than getting one of the most sought-after games on the planet on the first day.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
border said:
Every online rental store gives preference to new members and light users. No surprise.

Exactly. That's why you quit and give it a few months before signing back up. :D

newsguy

DarienA said:
FastReturn has made everything all right for me....

It's been shit for me, they told me my area had it, yet they haven't used it. My turnaround for games is like 10 days.

Tarazet

demi said:
What are you gonna do, sell it on eBay?

Disgaea? I'm going to play it, of course.. for as long as I can stand it. I want to play it so the next time I see the $39.99 used copy at Blockbuster, I won't be tempted.

BTW, they're based in Los Angeles and I live in a suburb of San Jose, so I'm hopeful that they'll be above average for me compared with users in, say, Iowa.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
monoRAIL said:
Why don't people just cancel and re-sign-up to keep getting that 'new subscriber freshness'.

because they keep track of your address. i hope you know alot of friendly neighbors

MrDaravon

I live in VA, and I've never had any sort of problem with them (I've been with them since they started, year and a half ago?). Since they started the fast return thingie my turnaround time is 3-4 DAYS. I don't know how I'm on the east coast with a constant 3-4 day turnaround time and people in the midwest have a 10 day one >_>.

shpankey

not an idiot
i;ve had a very bad experience with Gamefly. they are kniving and underhanded and will eventually screw you over.

Tarazet

Now they've shipped SMT: Nocturne too. No question about it, they're trying to win me over. Well, what can I say? So far, so good.

shpankey said:
i;ve had a very bad experience with Gamefly. they are kniving and underhanded and will eventually screw you over.

Details or link to details?

Top Bottom