• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameFreak has lost their minds with the terrible new Pokemon designs for Pokemon: Legends Arceus.

Fbh

I'll just say I think this is going to be fairly well reviewed despite the reservations in this thread. I mean Pokémon games get good reviews anyway but I can see this doing exceptionally quite well critically.

Of course it will. That's another trait they've somehow developed.
Sells like a AAA game, costs like a AAA game, gets reviewed like an indie.
in alot of ways it shares the same issues with the new Pokemon games :D

at least the Digimon story cybersleuth games kicked ass.

Yeah really liked the first Cybersleuth.
You could tell the had a limited budget but IMO they made good use of it were it counts. Really enjoyed the combat and the whole evolution/devolution mechanic.

Saber

Gold Member
I played this. Don't kill me just hope I can offer a little hope for those that are thinking this is going to be the complete shits.

I'll just say I think this is going to be fairly well reviewed despite the reservations in this thread. I mean Pokémon games get good reviews anyway but I can see this doing exceptionally quite well critically.

I know the graphics are meh but at the very least it looks sharpish in handheld form and the battles I think look good overall. Might be my imagination but I think the animations are better than recent games but I'm not a massive Pokémon fan so they could be the same. I like how battles just happen on the same spot, no transitioning into a different area. I like how you can run around while the battle is happening and I like how well the game controls. This is a good Pokémon game for quality of life improvement. Everything is fast, no bullshit.

The game is a little too wordy for my liking, explains too much instead of leaving you alone but it eventually does leave you alone. The open world is actually quite big too.

I think this will do well. If you're anyway excited and you like Pokémon I think you'll like this.

Dude, if you like and is having fun cool. Dunno why you feel like criticizing is the same as going down after people who enjoy.

But legit question, since when did you ever saw a mainline game pokemon ever selling bad? I think thats the key point here. I don't think I will ever see a Pokemon main game flop, regardless of its quality or content.

mcjmetroid

Dude, if you like and is having fun cool. Dunno why you feel like criticizing is the same as going down after people who enjoy.

But legit question, since when did you ever saw a mainline game pokemon ever selling bad? I think thats the key point here. I don't think I will ever see a Pokemon main game flop, regardless of its quality or content.
Fair point. Again I'm not a massive Pokémon fan I'm very critical of the series in general but I think this is a very solid effort from them. Even for a Pokémon game.
I mean the bar is pretty low ha

Raonak

Banned
They did in 2010.

MwlJ2YF.jpg

It wasn't well received despite it being the gen one experience that wasn't gen one. Thanks guys.
That wasn't a real reboot, it was just a standard sequel with the exact formular, except you had no old pokemon.

It wasn't the shakeup that the series desperately needs.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
They are meant to look primitive and underdeveloped because that is the premise of the game.

Top Bottom