• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameInformer Cover Reveal: Resident Evil 4 Remake - More Details Dropping Soon

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

In 2005, Resident Evil 4 changed the face of survival horror. The game’s phenomenal blend of action and horror combined with its revolutionary over-the-shoulder gameplay cemented it as a bonafide classic, a magic Capcom hopes to recapture with a modernized remake. That reinvention graces Game Informer’s cover this month.

We visited Capcom’s headquarters in Osaka, Japan, to play Chapters One and Five of Resident Evil and speak to its principal designers, including directors Yasuhiro Ampo and Kazunori Kadoi, who previously led the Resident Evil 2 remake. You’ll read 12 pages sharing new details on the opening section, breakdowns of Ashley’s gameplay and other new tweaks, plus impressions of the church, cemetery, and house battle segments.

353_reveal_cover.jpg

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Like most Game Informer covers.....its probably gonna end up actually being better boxart than the official box art.

Mr Hyde

At one point in my life this was my favorite game of all time. Still to this day, I revisit it every now and then. Capcom needs to be at the top of their game for this remake. They can't fuck this up. March can't come soon enough

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In 2005, Resident Evil 4 changed the face of survival horror. The game’s phenomenal blend of action and horror combined with its revolutionary over-the-shoulder gameplay cemented it as a bonafide classic, a magic Capcom hopes to recapture with a modernized remake. That reinvention graces Game Informer’s cover this month.

We visited Capcom’s headquarters in Osaka, Japan, to play Chapters One and Five of Resident Evil 4 and speak to its principal designers, including directors Yasuhiro Ampo and Kazunori Kadoi, who previously led the Resident Evil 2 remake. Viewers can also look forward to never-before-seen gameplay and a new Rapid Fire interview.

Beginning today, digital magazine subscribers can read 12 pages sharing new details on the opening section, breakdowns of Ashley’s gameplay and other new tweaks, plus impressions of the church, cemetery, and house battle segments.

To keep up with all our coverage, bookmark GameInformer.com/ResidentEvil4 and subscribe to our YouTube channel. Thanks for watching!

Elysion

Banned
Looking at that cover, it looks like Ashley is wearing some weird pants/skirt combo. Reminds me of that weird thing Jill was wearing as part of her ‚classic’ costume in the RE3 remake.

ssringo

Looking at that cover, it looks like Ashley is wearing some weird pants/skirt combo. Reminds me of that weird thing Jill was wearing as part of her ‚classic’ costume in the RE3 remake.
They're skorts. The general sexiness of a skirt without the panty shots. Get the PC version if you care about it because a skirt and panties will be one of the earlier mods released.

FeralEcho

After how good the Dead Space Remake was I cannot be more excited for this right now as a horror action game fan and considering RE4 is my 3rd favourite game of all time and this is coming from the RE2 Remake team which I loved this has greatness written all over it.

ssringo

That village map looks fairly accurate to the original although some stuff is moved around. The square where shit first gets real is nearly spot on but with an added loop on the southwestern corner for running away from the crazy. Or perhaps allowing a crazy sandwich with you in the middle.

Last edited:

Gorgyles

Banned
I'm very HARD bummed out on the style changes.
The scene in the rain looks especially bad to me and loses the atmosphere of the original.

Is there some hero light illuminating the raindrops here?
The lighting no longer casts long, dramatic shadows either

This is 2004 from the cube

It's almost as though the S-Teir creator of RE4 isn't a part of this remake

Please dont make a gay sex scene with Leon and Luis.
No, this time at the end of the game when they leave and Ashley asks " Do you want to go back to my place" Leon just responds with "Why, we got a perfectly waverunner right here." Game goes to black and all you hear is the classic grunts of both Ashley and Leon and then you just hear Ashley say out loud "LEON" GAME OVER.

Gorgyles

Banned
That chromatic aberration... 🤮
One of many problems with the artistic direction of this remake
I think it lacks the direction of a strong creative type like Mikami

I still can't get over that cumdrop rain
what is illuminating it?

And the lightning strikes are just dull glows

It's all very nasty looking

Top Bottom