• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameInformer Cover Reveal: Resident Evil 4 Remake - More Details Dropping Soon

Juza

https://imageup.me/images/cf51ece4-549a-498a-a403-458e4d481739.png

Last edited:

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Lol at that Ashley redesign.

Also, Luis' new face looks like a pirate.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Dumpster hidey holes were always unnecessary, I never used them until recent play throughs in recent years.

Not sure how I feel about not being able to tell Ashley to stay in one spot. I typically didn't ever do it, but you could use her to bait ganados and that was fun sometimes.

And also, spanish people were irked that the ganados had mexican accents, are they Spaniards this time around? Still Mexican? Mix and match?

I might actually end up preferring this remake, as it looks more horror like. I was never a fan of the original RE4 in later years, as while I liked it a lot at the time of release, I came to see it as being the John Cena or the Dave Batista of RE games afterwards. Likeable in its own right to a huge degree, but not really much of a true RE game when compared to prior entries.

I started the franchise and overall genre with RE2, so I tend to like the horror side of RE more than the action.

Astral Dog

I might actually end up preferring this remake, as it looks more horror like. I was never a fan of the original RE4 in later years, as while I liked it a lot at the time of release, I came to see it as being the John Cena or the Dave Batista of RE games afterwards. Likeable in its own right to a huge degree, but not really much of a true RE game when compared to prior entries.

I started the franchise and overall genre with RE2, so I tend to like the horror side of RE more than the action.
I think RE4 still had enough of that classic survival horror tension compared to the next 2 mainline entries. Capcom just lost their heads because they thought the new fans hated horror, wanted online multiplayer and were too dumb for puzzles and 'complicated' level design

Yeah, it was shocking, action heavy,and full of silly one liners. But it was also a real horror game, with classic puzzles, creepy atmosphere and moody music, also it wasn't CALL of Duty like(at least until the latter missions) was just a lone guy against a creepy cult of spanish zombies, not a military co op shooter.

images

I generally agree, but I think they should have did a game about ending Umbrella firstly, since Umbrella was basically the main threat. That they just scrapped all of that stuff, well... I think it rendered the series a waste, since the build up never quite paid off.

Astral Dog

I generally agree, but I think they should have did a game about ending Umbrella firstly, since Umbrella was basically the main threat. That they just scrapped all of that stuff, well... I think it rendered the series a waste, since the build up never quite paid off.
Yeah it was a little clumsy

Shinji Mikami ended the Umbrella storyline since he thought the series needed a fresh start and the Umbrella story wasn't actually going anywhere(Resident Evil 4 was at first placed on Oswell Spencer's castle) as a creative he made a strong decision to start over.

you can tell the writters tried to patch things up for the fans with Umbrella Chronicles, Resident Evil 5 and Lost in Nightmares. But many weren't happy still since most of it was nonsense(and they weren't horror games)

RE4 could have worked as a standalone entry without having to remove Umbrella entirely, but it is what it is 🤷🏻‍♂️

I hope after RE4, when they make RE9, that they'll focus on why Chris was so suspicious of the BSAA sending clones into the village. I felt they ended that a little too abruptly. Since the DLC basically time jumps so far ahead into the future, I think there is bound to be more prequels that focus on his Wolf Hound Squad.

As it is, we have RE4 to look forward to. Definitely interested to see if it can win the Game of the Year award again, since it happened originally in 2005. :D

Elios83

Hopefully it's just the poor quality of the GameInformer footage but something feels off about the graphics, like a mix of crushed blacks+ super saturated colors+ weird rain/wet effects. I already got this preordered digitally so I hope it delivers as expected.

Nickolaidas

Banned
Hopefully it's just the poor quality of the GameInformer footage but something feels off about the graphics, like a mix of crushed blacks+ super saturated colors+ weird rain/wet effects. I already got this preordered digitally so I hope it delivers as expected.
Due to the huge complaints from the purists of the original, I can see this game making a LOT of lighting mods by the community.

Top Bottom