• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameInformer - June Cover Reveal - Final Fantasy 16

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Final Fantasy XVI arrives exclusively on PlayStation 5 next month, but before that, it’s getting the Game Informer spotlight on our latest cover! We traveled to Japan and spoke with several of the leads within developer Creative Business Unit III of Square Enix to talk about combat, story, art, lore, and so much more, and we played hours of the game we can’t wait to tell you about. This cover story and our exclusive coverage going live on the site starting soon will bring you all the FFXVI information you need before finally jumping in to play it next month.

356_spread.jpg

Last edited:

Elios83

What a cover :pie_starstruck: I don't know if I want to get more details spoiled though, the latest SOP was big enough.
A little over a month left!

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
You forgot Spider-man 2.../s
And Armored Core 6, but that one is probably because you refuse to belive that From will have GOTY twice in a row, as it would not be fair to the rest of the industry.
star wars GIF
Armoured Core VI is gonna be AWESOME! But Mecha games is way too niche in west to win GOTY.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Armoured Core VI is gonna be AWESOME! But Mecha games is way too niche in west to win GOTY.
Souls games were the same not long ago. And Elden ring happened. If the game is that good, and the PVP explode in popularity, there is a chance. But Nintendo will will this one. Armored Core 6 will at least be nominated. To win, there is too many contenders this year.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Unlike past FF games, Yoshi-p was more than happy to show off the game, at this point you either happy what you see or you are not.
if he was happy to show off the game.... it seems obvious to me the game will be good. That level of confidence in their product is something many AAA companies are afraid to have

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
if he was happy to show off the game.... it seems obvious to me the game will be good. That level of confidence in their product is something many AAA companies are afraid to have
I have no doubt is gonna be great but there is gonna be people who are not happy about it because “blah, blah it’s not FF anymore blah blah”.

Rush2112

Banned
Lets hope the story isnt some crazy anime nonsense like X, XIII and XV. Hopefully more like heavensward but probably wont be.

Last edited:

Fbh

At least he looks male.

The scientists at Square finally figuring the formula how to make a male main character that doesn't look feminine and/or stupid:

giphy.gif

It only took them like 24 years! (Squall was the last normal-ish looking one)

Last edited:

Markio128

Who cares about score? You gonna play it and either gonna enjoy or you wont.
Agreed. Saying that, I’m fairly optimistic that FF16 will score well overall. And I say that because of those involved in the development - a bit of a dream team on the quiet.

Go_Ly_Dow

FF7R 87 meta score on PS4 and 89 on PS5, which was an improvement on 13 and 15 that were both lower 80s and rightfully so.

I guess if FF7R had better sidequest depth and variety, less padding and more even graphics (exceptional in many places, but let down by the texture issues on PS4 and NPCs) then probably could have scored in the low 90s as those were the main criticisms from memory in the reviews. We don't know too much about 16s sidequest variety and quality yet, although it wouldn't take much to beat FF7Rs. Padding at least won't involve retracing the same areas of the slums given it's set across a realm and graphics look very nice to me. The open zones will please those that didn't like 7Rs linearity. The development team have a good track record so hopefully scores well.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
The scientists at Square finally figuring the formula how to make a male main character that doesn't look feminine and/or stupid:

giphy.gif

It only took them like 24 years! (Squall was the last normal-ish looking one)

Lol it’s going to be in my head for the rest of the week now.

• LOL
Reactions: Fbh
So now that there’s finally a CG model of a character + it corroborates the Famitsu interview from last year that stated that the Kingsglaive team worked closely with the dev team for CG character models:

Where is my CG footage at?

Listen all I’m asking for is an opening and ending + a few awesome ones sprinkled in the middle of the journey.

Breathing= endorsing this post

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I’m looking forward to the combat. Not the cutscenes, not the crazy story line, just the crazy action based combat. I hope that looks good. They’re breaking the cycle at Square-Enix with destroying the crystals. I hope for a reboot with knights and turned based combat before I care too much for the story again.

Top Bottom