• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamepass is good for discovering new games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spidey Fan

Banned
As you guys know here, I love gamepass alot. And not because I get Xbox exclusive. But because of the games it has.
I know this site, consider what is gamepass as old games. I also consider uncharted 4 old game, but that doesn't change how good that game is. Same for gamepass. The old games are still good.

The one thing I really like about gamepass, is discovering hidden gems, which I had no clue it existed. Try games that are out of my comfort zone. I hate yakuza games. I tried yakuza like a dragon and I fell in love with it. That still won't change my opinion about other yakuza. This game, just hits you in the feelings.

How many games did you discover using this service?

Ps. Please keep that console war man baby garbage to yourself. If you are a gamer, you love to share your games with others, and not talk shit about them. I have both consoles, and I enjoy what they offer to me.

keraj37

Different things for different people - I prefer to own a game (even digitally only) otherwise I feel I will loose all fun I have with it later on.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
The Wire Reaction GIF

ZywyPL

Banned
I have found a few gems via gamepass that I wouldnt have purchased for myself, love the service

Same here, I wouldn't give more than even 2 bucks for some of the games otherwise, if I'd be interested in them at all to begin with, but since you can give them a try for free there's always a chance you'll find titles you haven't even heard about before and absolutely love them.

Gamepass gives you access to hundreds of games and day 1 releases for only $9.99 a month and if you’re new you can even get 3 months right now for only $1

That's crazy! ;D

reksveks

Got into Yakuza cause of GP, I also thought I would like Nier and Outer Wilds but it was good to confirm that.

I have bought yakuza 7, nier and outer wilds cause of GP. Will probably get dead cells and a plagues tale soon.

Keihart

Steam is kinda better, you buy it, try it for an hour or so and then refund it, no calling support or anything.
IDK, i wish every online store had a similar policy since you have no idea what you are getting into these days with all the crap games that get certified even on console.

anthony2690

Banned
Game pass was my introduction to yakuza, loved 0 so much, I purchased & beat 0, kiwami 1, 2 and preordered yakuza like a dragon, judgment and lost judgment.

Like a dragon and judgment were incredible, like a dragon is definitely by far my fave yakuza game though :D

Keihart

There is some famous market research citing that most people don't even make it 30% into the games they buy so demos kinda predated on all those customers. RIP demos.
Now they are called "Beta" and used more often than not as some final hype move and focus test.

Last edited:

reksveks

PsNow is just as great for the same reason.
Sony treats PSNow with utter contempt imo, the lack of 'public' investment or marketing is my evidence of that. They pushed it once recently when ff7r but never again. Is psnow still only limited to pc and did they upgrade the stream resolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom