• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamepass price increase started in Brazil

Bernoulli

M2 slut

Game Pass subscriptions will see a price increase in Brazil. The information, released by the Xbox Originals profile , was passed on to official brand resellers. It is worth noting that only the subscription fee on consoles will be adjusted, prices on PC will remain the same. In an official statement issued by Xbox Brasil, they only claim that they carried out a “careful evaluation” but did not provide any additional information.

this is strange after MS said to the CMA that they won't

Last edited by a moderator:

graywolf323

price increase can’t be blamed on the ABK acquisition if they raise the price before the deal closes

Think About It GIF by Identity

edit: /s in case anyone takes this seriously

Last edited:

Lokaum D+

No more gamepass for me :(

As a Brazilian i can say that GamePass ( and PS++ ) is a huge deal here, since the price of one game ( a little more if its ultimate ) pay for one year of the service.

The problem is how much ll increase ?

Today gamepass ultimate cost R$ 539.00 or U$ 100.00 per year, but the minimum wage is R$ 15.820 or U$ 3165,89 per year, If u put this on paper as the price is today almost 4% of the yearly income is just for ONE subscriptions service and the price ll increase, its crazy

Lets see how the community here ll react

Last edited:

Hydroxy

Do I want my game pass to go up in price? No, would I be mad if it went up to $20 or 25 for ultimate ? NO. Game pass has paid for itself 200x over for me.
I don't know about you but I would be mad. Gamepass absolutely not worth $25/mo. There's hardly 1-2 game or so every month a person would normally be interested to play. It would make more sense to only subscribe when a big title launches like Starfield and Stalker etc and then cancel again.

Paying even more money for indies 😢😬🥹. MS is really spiraling down and it’s just waiting until people stop extending their subs, causing the price of Gamepass to increase even more, causing more people to stop extending their subs etc. etc.

For the subs price you can literally buy most games releasing in the service so it’s defeating its own purpose. Not all of them of course but you’d buy only the games you like and actually play them instead of getting a curated list of things you might or might not like.

Last edited:

feynoob

Banned
It was expected that they will do this. They took it too long to raise the price.
The value of ultimate is too much.

Bernoulli

M2 slut
I don't know about you but I would be mad. Gamepass absolutely not worth $25/mo. There's hardly 1-2 game or so every month a person would normally be interested to play. It would make more sense to only subscribe when a big title launches like Starfield and Stalker etc and then cancel again.
if you just get 1 month and play multiple big games why not
but i would never pay that much unless there was big AAA games first and third party each month and even that it would be too expensive

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
But Brazil is not an important region, like India, they don't count when it comes to increasing prices, only the irrelevant CADE decision was super duper important.
Mean Girls Halloween GIF

On a more serious note instead of fanatical mental gymnastics. These things are to be expected, to say otherwise is purely intellectual dishonesty.

Last edited:

feynoob

Banned
They won't make 20$ or 25$. That is just too dump.
At most, it will be 1$ to 2$ raise. The service is still early. Doing 20+ range is going to kill it.

Saber

Gold Member
In the defense of Xbox(lol), Brazil in terms of games is a land without law. You can increase the price of things and as long it doesn't look that much abusive(at least for them lol), you're good to go.

Reminds me of a game which is $75 brazilian bucks on the steam, but the prices goes to a whooping $255 on the PS store. Same game, no difference other than the price.

But if anyone asks me if brazilian people will take this lightly...I don't think they will. Alot of things are already expansive as fuck, any reason they have to give up subscriptions is an opportunity to save money.

Last edited:

SomeGit

I know the narrative wheels are already spinning but the new price is still below the price in the US and Europe.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Do I want my game pass to go up in price? No, would I be mad if it went up to $20 or 25 for ultimate ? NO. Game pass has paid for itself 200x over for me.

Same. In its current form, I'd be happy to pay £40 per month and I'd still think I was robbing Microsoft.

Give me every third party AAA game released on day one and never remove it from the service and I'd happily pay £70 - £80 per month.

Currently the price hike is still peanuts and still an amazing offer.

TheDreadLord

Gold Member
In the defense of Xbox(lol), Brazil in terms of games is a land without law. You can increase the price of things and as long it doesn't look that much abusive(at least for them lol), you're good to go.

Reminds me of a game which is $75 brazilian bucks on the steam, but the prices goes to a whooping $255 on the PS store. Same game, no difference other than the price.

But if anyone asks me if brazilian people will take this lightly...I don't think they will. Alot of things are already expansive as fuck, any reason they have to give up subscriptions is an opportunity to save money.
If it is too expensive then you just doesn’t buy it. You want the gov to tell companies what is the right price for a game?

Btw, when it comes to Brazil and other Latam countries, they already have regional prices that aren’t a 1:1 conversion from USD. So, this rise in GP is not that big of a deal. If you compare to the US, it is still way less than what someone living in there is paying.

Last edited:

Naw man. That's messed up for gamers in Brazil. Microsoft should be the last one raising prices for xbox. You point out the 225.00$ price on psn, but I believe they would only need to change their region to get different pricing.

Either way this was bound to happen, but it wont stop here. Spend over 70 billion on games for the service, and yesterday price is not today's price.

feynoob

Banned
Naw man. That's messed up for gamers in Brazil. Microsoft should be the last one raising prices for xbox. You point out the 225.00$ price on psn, but I believe they would only need to change their region to get different pricing.

Either way this was bound to happen, but it wont stop here. Spend over 70 billion on games for the service, and yesterday price is not today's price.
It's much better than 70$ prices.
At least Xbox gamers don't have to spend 70$ on their games, and just play day1 with gamepass.

That price tag for Xbox games should be their main concern.

Saber

Gold Member
If it is too expensive then you just doesn’t buy it. You want the gov to tell companies what is the right price for a game?

That's not how things works. Theres a customer service in Brazil that handles companies putting abusive prices for no reason at all.

Unfortunatelly this has being aways a thing in Brazil, and I'm not saying this exclusive to Sony in case you didn't get it. My country isn't well know for fair prices on games, hence why piracy is very common. People can aways look up on the internet for less costy prices though.
Dunno about the change in region though. Never did this tbh.

How is that different than anywhere else?

This was always the end game. Everyone knows this. Streaming just isnt very profitable. Look at Netflix cracking down on password sharing and increasing pricing every other year.
But, it doesn't seem like GamePass is growing much, by the lack of subscription announcements from Xbox lately. I'm surprised they would start this now.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yeah that's not normal..... like at all.

Something must have happened to her.
There are a lot of videos of them doing that.
I'm not an over the top climate change death cult nutter, but deforestation and losing a lot of their natural grazing/diet options have caused a lot of obligate herbivores to branch outside their normal sustenance.

Last edited:
Brazil is a captive market. You either play tax-free Xbox or you are too rich to be able to afford to pay the massive tax in buying any other console. MS can be understood to try to take advantage of people who can't afford anything else.

TheDreadLord

Gold Member
That's not how things works. Theres a customer service in Brazil that handles companies putting abusive prices for no reason at all.

Unfortunatelly this has being aways a thing in Brazil, and I'm not saying this exclusive to Sony in case you didn't get it. My country isn't well know for fair prices on games, hence why piracy is very common. People can aways look up on the internet for less costy prices though.
Dunno about the change in region though. Never did this tbh.
Gaming is not that important. It is something you buy with spare income. I can tell you that there are many things that are priority over there other than gaming.

Top Bottom