• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamepass price increase started in Brazil

Flutta

Banned
its not abnormal, its a way of them being opportunists and getting extra minerals etc they are missing.
Just like this monkey, def in need of minerals and nicotine..
smoke smoking GIF

It's much better than 70$ prices.
At least Xbox gamers don't have to spend 70$ on their games, and just play day1 with gamepass.

That price tag for Xbox games should be their main concern.
This new argument about spending less money on games is lame. If there is a hobby you love and enjoy, a 10.00$ price increase isn't going to stop you. I rather spend 70.00 on new games when I know the quality is much better than I would be getting from Redfall or Halo Infinite for 25.00 a month.

Saber

Gold Member
Gaming is not that important. It is something you buy with spare income. I can tell you that there are many things that are priority over there other than gaming.

The same thing could be said to junk food(like McDonalds). Or fine cloth stores(like Zara), or Apple, etc. Even Sony was already fined by PROCON. There was even a case where they denied to me the refund of a broken game and PROCON made them refund.

Last edited:
Good thing for me, that I don’t turn my Series X on anymore. I‘ll let that shit expire. Fuck Phil, fuck Xbox, and fuck MS as a whole.

Flutta

Banned
what has that got to do with anything? deers are known to eat occasional meat, nothing to do with man.
In general, deer are not adapted to digesting meat, and their digestive systems are designed to process plant material. In certain situations, such as during times of food scarcity or extreme environmental conditions, deer may resort to eating meat as a survival strategy, such instances are rare and not a typical behavior of deer It's still something abnormal in the end. Humans causes all types of problems to both humans and animals. This is nothing new.

feynoob

Banned
This new argument about spending less money on games is lame. If there is a hobby you love and enjoy, a 10.00$ price increase isn't going to stop you. I rather spend 70.00 on new games when I know the quality is much better than I would be getting from Redfall or Halo Infinite for 25.00 a month.
You will, because 10$ is not alot for you (If you live in america, uk or europe). But that is not the same for the rest of the world.

70$ is 346.29 brazilian real, while 60$ is 298.62 brazilian real. That is 47.67 increase. That is alot of money for people who live there.

That is the problem with these 10$ increase. Without regional pricing, you are fked hard.

Here is xbox pricing in other regions.

Last edited:

fermcr

Well, we can't expect Gamepass to say the same price forever.
Everything is increasing prices ... food, games, movies, streaming, etc... it's only natural that sooner or later Gamepass would increase it's price

Banjo64

cumsessed
How?
You are getting PC, EA play (console plus PC) and console for 15$. That was cheap as hell. Everyone was surprised they kept it that cheap.
Because of you only have a PC you get Game Pass plus EA Play (online is obviously free) for £7.99.

If you only have an Xbox you have to pay £10.99 for the equivalent, or £36 a year more.

CS Lurker

Everything had a price increase in Brazil.

It's still below what it should be if it was directly converted. Brazilian currency is the biggest problem now, more than taxes.

Last edited:

feynoob

Banned
Because of you only have a PC you get Game Pass plus EA Play (online is obviously free) for £7.99.

If you only have an Xbox you have to pay £10.99 for the equivalent, or £36 a year more.
but with xbox, you are getting the pc version and xcloud on top of that.
That works for people that have both devices, and you wont have to pay seperate subs.

X-Wing

Probably because so many Europeans were buying in Brazil and using the conversion trick to have GPU really really cheap.

Draugoth

Gold Member
It's not Xbox fault.

Our economy sucks and the pandemic made it worse.

It was always hard to be a gamer in Brazil.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
but with xbox, you are getting the pc version and xcloud on top of that.
That works for people that have both devices, and you wont have to pay seperate subs.
?

How many people do you think have an Xbox and a gaming PC? Probably around 1%? How many people think xCloud is worth £36 a year? Probably 1%?

The truth is they should have readjusted their plans at the start of the generation.

Made the base console sub Game Pass plus online play @ £7.99, kept PC as is and the highest tier gives you everything as it does now.

XesqueVara

Probably because so many Europeans were buying in Brazil and using the conversion trick to have GPU really really cheap.
Naah, our economy is pretty fucked up right now, the Brazilian currency has devalued 20% against the dollar in the Pandemic and it's staying here since then.

Last edited:

feynoob

Banned
?

How many people do you think have an Xbox and a gaming PC? Probably around 1%? How many people think xCloud is worth £36 a year? Probably 1%?

The truth is they should have readjusted their plans at the start of the generation.

Made the base console sub Game Pass plus online play @ £7.99, kept PC as is and the highest tier gives you everything as it does now.
You are describing their current plans.

Regular gamepass without online=10$
PC gamepass= 10$ (contains EA, doesn't have online mandatory sub).
Ultimate which combines all and gives you xcloud= 15$.

You get the day1 games on top of that (won't mention since their output has been shit).

Because PC online is free, MS can't charge live gold, that is why the price is cheap. And EA play is free for them.
For consoles, you either get the no online one, or you get the online bundled with live gold, EA play, pc and xcloud. That is why it's expensive than the PC version.

Banjo64

cumsessed

You get the day1 games on top of that (won't mention since their output has been shit).

Because PC online is free, MS can't charge live gold, that is why the price is cheap. And EA play is free for them.
For consoles, you either get the no online one, or you get the online bundled with live gold, EA play, pc and xcloud. That is why it's expensive than the PC version.
… fey, Xbox own the ecosystem. There is only a mandatory online sub because they dictate it. It is a false value. They could easily (and morally should too) make Game Pass @ £7.99 include online play.

feynoob

Banned
… fey, Xbox own the ecosystem. There is only a mandatory online sub because they dictate it. It is a false value. They could easily (and morally should too) make Game Pass @ £7.99 include online play.
The online sub makes a lot of money for Xbox, Nintendo and PS. MS won't give on those money. Otherwise, they will have cancelled live gold long time ago.

Sleepwalker

I find gamepass fair value at the price point I pay, $32 a year. I certainly would not pay $120 a year or god forbid $180 a year for ultimate lmao

Aion002

Brazilians love to pay taxes, so I guess they'll survive.

Or just keep giving more money to Sony and Nintendo.

I know people that rather sell a kidney and buy a ps5 or switch than get an xbox series for cheap.

Anyway, nice job Xbox, same month you release a pos like Redfall you start to increase the price of the only good thing you have.

Simon Cowell GIF by America's Got Talent

feynoob

Banned
I find gamepass fair value at the price point I pay, $32 a year. I certainly would not pay $120 a year or god forbid $180 a year for ultimate lmao
The service has been lacking somewhat these days.
Hope they add more content to it, like they did in the past. This year has been to light.

I won't be condescending here with our Brazilian friends. My best wishes to you all.

Your economy and political background right now seem quite dire, and I know games are the last thing people there care about when talking about price increases. The worst offenders are petrol, food prices, services in general, taxes getting raised as a whole, and N other factors.

Sleepwalker

The service has been lacking somewhat these days.
Hope they add more content to it, like they did in the past. This year has been to light.
I was heavily pro gamepass back before the series X released, have used the service for forever, but I think it's become worse as time goes on, the catalogue of games at least.

Top Bottom