• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameRant: The journalist who wrote this may have a major weakness

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
It is a bit odd to me that it isn't detachable/replaceable, but I wouldn't call it a big issue (the bigger issue is that there is a cable at all, but it is what it is).

Impotaku

Total non issue, if you are paying that amount of money then it’s on you to treat your stuff with care. If you are clumsy and break your headset because you fucked up the cable then that’s on you.

There are ceiling mounts in many configurations out there to clip a cable into if your unable to keep track of where it is while gaming.

jaysius

Banned
It's funny how people are trying to downplay this, lets wait until people start breaking them, then the tune will change... or probably not people will still defend a design flaw that could have easily been averted.

It's to get repair costs and also probably replacement headset costs.

The plug could have easily been kept at a place that would make it easily replaceable.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Not a big deal for me

Luke Skywalker Swag GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:

midnightAI

It's funny how people are trying to downplay this, lets wait until people start breaking them, then the tune will change... or probably not people will still defend a design flaw that could have easily been averted.

It's to get repair costs and also probably replacement headset costs.

The plug could have easily been kept at a place that would make it easily replaceable.
But it is replaceable, it isn't easily replaceable because that could be just as much an issue (standard USB connector can get busted quicker than the cable). This uses a proprietary connector but I bet it wont be long until third party cables come out and at least its not soldered in like PSVR 1 (I've had two PSVR's and the first one went because of an issue with the cable so I do know the pain of this, took 3 years for it to break though and I have two kids who aren't exactly careful with stuff). Removing the padding etc to get at the cable looks to be the same as the first PSVR and that part of it really isn't difficult to dismantle and put back together.

It isn't a design flaw, I don't get why you think it is, do you think that Sony's engineers are that dumb as to overlook it? or is it more likely it's designed that way for a reason?

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
It is replaceable.
It could have been easily accessible, it sounds like you'll have to do things that will come close to breaking it if you're unskilled, VS just having a very well designed detachable cable with even a proprietary locking mechanism, this is 2023, they can make these things.

reinking

Gold Member
It could have been easily accessible, it sounds like you'll have to do things that will come close to breaking it if you're unskilled, VS just having a very well designed detachable cable with even a proprietary locking mechanism, this is 2023, they can make these things.
I don't disagree but that does not change that it is still replaceable if it gets damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom