• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

gameranx: Top 20 New RPG of 2022

Aion002

witcher GIF

I even preferred TW3 but the same can be said for it
But... There are builds on TW3 and character progression.

There are even guides for the best builds:

Buggy Loop

No, not everything that has a stat upgrade should be considered an RPG, a game with RPG mechanics/elements, maybe, just not as it's main genre. It's just too present everywhere and in nearly every games. God of War is an RPG too i guess?

Oh, Horizon is also a platformer right? You jump :rolleyes:

Horizon & Zelda don't belong there.

So many speculations on 2022 releases and a ton of those are super unlikely to even release this year. What a shit list.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Hey, Palworld made it into the list.

Cute game, using pokemons as shields during a gunfight or forcing them to do hard labor sounds fun.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Back in my days as a GameFAQs troll, I used to love derailing threads by turning them into a debate about what is and isn’t a RPG. Sure fire way to get page after page of people’s tired arguments that they’ve rehashed 1000 times before.

I’d just say something like “Zelda is my most anticipated JRPG” then when everyone told me it’s not a JRPG I’d say “sure it is, it’s a GAME where you PLAY the ROLE of Link and it’s made in JAPAN. Therefore it is a JRPG by definition.”

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
First because I didn’t like first Horizon so why waste my money and second Elden Ring coming same month, a game I would rather put my time in and also after that Triangle Strategy and Relayer, two big SRPG coming out on March.

Simply put I have no room for a game I know for a fact I’m not gonna enjoy.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Here are 10 most important upcoming RPGs of 2023 and beyond!

A role-playing game (sometimes spelled roleplaying game. Abbreviated RPG is a game in which players assume the roles of characters in a fictional setting. Players take responsibility for acting out these roles within a narrative, either through literal acting or through a process of structured decision-making regarding character development. Actions taken within many games succeed or fail according to a formal system of rules and guidelines.

10 Avowed
9 baldur gates 3
8 Starfield
7 Fable
6 Elder Scrolls 6
5 Kingdom Heartsn4
4 Fallout 5
3 FF7 Rebirth
2 Dragons Dogma 2
1 Diablo 4

Top Bottom