• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameReactor talk a bit about Last Of Us PS5 Remake, a new Borderlands, Alan Wake 2 and KOTOR Remake and SW Fallen Order II

Zeroing

Banned
GTA V PS3

GTA V PS4

GTA V PS5

WHY WHY?
Animated GIF

THEAP99

Banned
The last of us remake I hated the idea of it first but then Jason Schrier explained it better on the one podcast that basically the developers would be sitting around doing nothing and this gives them something to do while a new IP is in pre-production along with it will help train them with the PS5. It's a win win to be honest.

And I don't see any story changes happening in the remake considering ND wasn't even originally working on it. If they do want to add in some context then that's fine because it would probably make the story better, but I don't see it happening.

And I'll be honest, I will take a part 1 on part's engine on ps5 over most games that release these days. it will be worthwhile I am glad ND has the project now over those other people. I hope they're still working on part 2 remastered as well.

Last edited:
Lmao at people complaining about TLOU remake.

If the first remaster (PS4) was indicative of anything, it's that ND used as a preliminary round of dipping their toes into next gen hardware.

This should be no different.

I'm sure that this was done so ND have time to develop and test out new techniques and methods, and be able to put out something people will definitely buy with a much lower risk.

Think Insomniac with Spiderman Miles Morales.

Last edited:
? Because its one of the best selling games by the publisher and about to be 10 years since its release.

Some of you don't really understand that PS3 is about to be as old as PS4 was when that Shadow Of The Colossus remake came out....do you guys really not understand we are talking about several generations difference or?

Shit a better question would be what the fuck would they gain NOT remaking it?

So even a 13 year difference between SoTC and the remake doesn't change that the PS2 was 18 year old hardware by the time that remake came out.

If the remake comes out near the anniversary, it will be a difference of 17 years in regards to the hardware difference since PS3's release.

Sooooo from PS2 to PS4 is no different then from

PS3 to PS5....

I don't get how you guys don't get or understand that. Who the fuck is this remake hurting anyway?
Shadow of the Colossus Remake I can understand because it was a PS2 game that runs like shit.

The Last of Us has already a PS4 port which looks awesome and runs with a stable 60fps.

m8ittN0.png

I'd rather have Naughty Dog do something else than remaking perfectly playable and prestige goat game.

EDMIX

Shadow of the Colossus Remake I can understand because it was a PS2 game that runs like shit.

? Did you read what you stated there bud?

A PS2 GAME.

From PS2 to PS4 as a remake is no different then from PS3 to PS5.......

You can argue it runs like shit, sure, someone can argue the same fucking thing about The Last Of Us 1. GOTY in 2013 doesn't mean it has zero issue that would need to be fixed later on, you fucking telling me 720p is better then 4K?

Soooooo it doesn't fucking mean zero issues and nothing can be better, someone gave GOTY to SOTC...you can say it runs like shit all day, but the same can be stated about a dated game like The Last Of Us no different then SoTC...you are arguing about the same shit.

The Last of Us has already a PS4 port

Yea..it has a PORT, it does not have a remake. Your point? Do you not see just how strange this argument actually is? Oh it has a port...... oh it won GOTY..... um... sure, so did SOTC.

61gNRtoOssL._SX342_.jpg

SOTC LITERALLY HAS A PS3 PORT, that doesn't fucking mean zero remake will happen or anything weird like that.

A port is not a remake...

I'd rather have Naughty Dog do something else

Who is to even say Naughty Dog will even entirely do that remake? For all we know Bluepoint Games will just do the remake, or do you feel you'd rather have From Software do something else or? Cause a Demon Souls remake was made... smh

Some shit made from 2006 hardware being ported doesn't mean a remake won't happen or isn't needed or anything odd like that. Its easily one of the dumbest arguments I've heard in gaming that never makes any sense. You can think horseshit looks good, looking good for 2013 doesn't mean it can't look better.

Its a flawed argument that makes it sounds like only bad games get remakes or something, as if you can't fucking just play the original, like the remake makes the older disk self destruct or something lol

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I want to see Drakengard 3 get same treatment as NieR Replicant ver 1.22.

That’s the game that really needs remaster/remake. We already got TLOU remaster on PS4 that can be played PS5.

I seriously don't get why TLOU needs a remake. I tried the PS4 remaster on PS now (after having the game on PS3) and the game still looked great.

Its obviously easy money for Sony with little overhead but even if I had a PS5 I wouldn't bother with this game. The game is great and still looks great as is.

Last edited:

EDMIX

I already have remaster version, I don’t think I need remake version.

No one "needs" anything. The remaster version you have, is not a remake..... They are not the same thing.

I rather see remake/remaster of games that can’t be played on PS5.

Ask those respective publishers, Sony has no say in something like Drakengard 3 or anything like that, its completely irrelevant to a remake of The Last Of Us 1.

The ability to play the original is completely irrelevant. Shit, I can play Drakengard 3 right now on my PS3, they shouldn't remake it cuz I can play it doe and dat only matterz right?

Hear how weird that shit sounds? What the fuck does that have to do with them making a remake or not? I mean, Drakengard 3 came out in 2014, not as old as The Last of us that came out in 2013, thus it shouldn't get a remake, I think it looks GREAT the way it is /s

None of that shit has anything to do with remakes. Its a odd argument that I don't really understand why gamers make it. I own both games you are talking about and would love a remake of them.

Not sure why the fuck one being able to be played on PS5 thru BC suddenly means it should not be remade lol

The fuck does that have to do with anything? You are not even talking about an either or, Sony could remake The Last Of Us, SQUARE can remake Drakengard 3..... they already remake a lot of games anyway. That isn't an either or type thing you know.

H Hitchyhero The game is likely going to come out around the 10 year anniversary, I'm sure you can think it looks great all day, but how you emotionally feel about the original has nothing to do with remakes. So i don't get this "still looks great" We are talking about a fucking game from 2013 running on 2006 hardware. I like the game, its one of my favorite games of all time, but shit that is why I'm 100% ok with a remake.

Me liking it doesn't fucking put it in 4K 120fps, a new engine, haptic feedback, new character models etc. Do some of you think wanting a remake suddenly means you HATE the original?

The game looks great.....for a game made on 2006 hardware, for the time it was made, however the fucking game doesn't look soooooooo good that its now is beyond all games being made on new hardware TODAY!!!

Its a shit argument.

it pretend zero advancements have been made and the game is some life like game that is years beyond all games and looks levels above all games on PS5 or some shit.

its not.

I like it and I'm saying the fucking game does not look soooooo good a remake should not be made, thats simply not the case. A new engine, fixing the controls, new character models, fast ssd, 4k 120fps, you can't with a straight face tell me those are not advancements and that the original performs better or some shit.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
No one "needs" anything. The remaster version you have, is not a remake..... They are not the same thing.

Ask those respective publishers, Sony has no say in something like Drakengard 3 or anything like that, its completely irrelevant to a remake of The Last Of Us 1.

The ability to play the original is completely irrelevant. Shit, I can play Drakengard 3 right now on my PS3, they shouldn't remake it cuz I can play it doe and dat only matterz right?

Hear how weird that shit sounds? What the fuck does that have to do with them making a remake or not? I mean, Drakengard 3 came out in 2014, not as old as The Last of us that came out in 2013, thus it shouldn't get a remake, I think it looks GREAT the way it is /s

None of that shit has anything to do with remakes. Its a odd argument that I don't really understand why gamers make it. I own both games you are talking about and would love a remake of them.

Not sure why the fuck one being able to be played on PS5 thru BC suddenly means it should not be remade lol

The fuck does that have to do with anything? You are not even talking about an either or, Sony could remake The Last Of Us, SQUARE can remake Drakengard 3..... they already remake a lot of games anyway. That isn't an either or type thing you know.
Hey if you think TLOU "remake" worth your money more power to you, for me personally it's unnecessary and waste.

The reason I want Drakengard 3 remake/remaster because as much as I enjoyed the game, it has really shit performance, I would love see it gets NieR Replicant ver 1.22 treatment.

And if ND wants to remake something, Jack & Dexter would have been far better choice.

EDMIX

for me personally it's unnecessary and waste.

Nope.

Brings in a whole bunch of new consumers that might be new to the series, gives Bluepoint games more solid work with PS5 or ND more work with PS5. The teams get work, gamers get a remake, you can fucking not buy it.

I don't see how it would even hurt you to exist tbh.

Even in the case of arguing for something NEW, i don't see it holding up any new IP and I see the sales simply FUNDING those new IPs in the first place.

it has really shit performance, I would love see it gets NieR Replicant ver 1.22 treatment.

nah, I played it on PS3 and its perfect, nothing should be changed and no remake is needed, in fact it would be unnecessary and a waste for all... /s

And if ND wants to remake something, Jack & Dexter would have been far better choice.

nahhhhhh I like the series and.....nahhhh. The Last Of Us is literally one of the best selling Sony games of all time, that remake is inevitable. Let Bluepoint do both and be done with it. This never needed to be some either or as its not like Sony only does 1 remake and thats it or something, same with Square. Why make this an either or? Shit look at the remakes Square did, did you see Nier NOT get remade cause FFVII? Did Secret Of Mana not get a remake cause FFVII? So whats with this either or thing? Even under those same publishers we saw multiple remakes.

So how much you liked the original or how much you feel it looks fine has no real relevance to this. I mean my good, take it from me... a person literally playing Xenosaga 2, liking the original, doesn't magically mean we should get zero remake, thinking it looks great and holds up well, doesn't mean zero remake. I think lots of old shit look great lol

That doesn't magically make me just disregard all technological advancements. For god sakes, you are saying this about 1 PS3 game being remade vs another PS3 game being remade...

How about both? They are both from the same fucking system, that alone shows clearly both a due a remake and this should have never been some either or.

edit (shit if anything, looking at that whole damn series, Square should do that with Drakengard 1,2 and 3.) I understand you like the 3rd game, but it would be weird to do it with 3, yet ignore 1, 2 etc. I say remake the whole set or just 1 and 2 like you saw Sega remake Yakuza 1 and 2 or something.

Last edited:

H Hitchyhero The game is likely going to come out around the 10 year anniversary, I'm sure you can think it looks great all day, but how you emotionally feel about the original has nothing to do with remakes. So i don't get this "still looks great" We are talking about a fucking game from 2013 running on 2006 hardware. I like the game, its one of my favorite games of all time, but shit that is why I'm 100% ok with a remake.

Me liking it doesn't fucking put it in 4K 120fps, a new engine, haptic feedback, new character models etc. Do some of you think wanting a remake suddenly means you HATE the original?

The game looks great.....for a game made on 2006 hardware, for the time it was made, however the fucking game doesn't look soooooooo good that its now is beyond all games being made on new hardware TODAY!!!

Its a shit argument.

it pretend zero advancements have been made and the game is some life like game that is years beyond all games and looks levels above all games on PS5 or some shit.

its not.

I like it and I'm saying the fucking game does not look soooooo good a remake should not be made, thats simply not the case. A new engine, fixing the controls, new character models, fast ssd, 4k 120fps, you can't with a straight face tell me those are not advancements and that the original performs better or some shit.

Nope.

Brings in a whole bunch of new consumers that might be new to the series, gives Bluepoint games more solid work with PS5 or ND more work with PS5. The teams get work, gamers get a remake, you can fucking not buy it.

I don't see how it would even hurt you to exist tbh.

Even in the case of arguing for something NEW, i don't see it holding up any new IP and I see the sales simply FUNDING those new IPs in the first place.

nah, I played it on PS3 and its perfect, nothing should be changed and no remake is needed, in fact it would be unnecessary and a waste for all... /s

nahhhhhh I like the series and.....nahhhh. The Last Of Us is literally one of the best selling Sony games of all time, that remake is inevitable. Let Bluepoint do both and be done with it. This never needed to be some either or as its not like Sony only does 1 remake and thats it or something, same with Square. Why make this an either or? Shit look at the remakes Square did, did you see Nier NOT get remade cause FFVII? Did Secret Of Mana not get a remake cause FFVII? So whats with this either or thing? Even under those same publishers we saw multiple remakes.

So how much you liked the original or how much you feel it looks fine has no real relevance to this. I mean my good, take it from me... a person literally playing Xenosaga 2, liking the original, doesn't magically mean we should get zero remake, thinking it looks great and holds up well, doesn't mean zero remake. I think lots of old shit look great lol

That doesn't magically make me just disregard all technological advancements. For god sakes, you are saying this about 1 PS3 game being remade vs another PS3 game being remade...

How about both? They are both from the same fucking system, that alone shows clearly both a due a remake and this should have never been some either or.

edit (shit if anything, looking at that whole damn series, Square should do that with Drakengard 1,2 and 3.) I understand you like the 3rd game, but it would be weird to do it with 3, yet ignore 1, 2 etc. I say remake the whole set or just 1 and 2 like you saw Sega remake Yakuza 1 and 2 or something.

You don't need to write walls of text to shoot down people's opinion that the game still looks greats. That's people's opinion. The game came out at the end of the PS3s life.... But was leaps and bounds the best PS3 game graphically.

I'm sure Sony/Naughty Dog can make the game much much better graphically with the newer harder....and I'm sure Sony will make money off it..... I don't doubt that at all.... But I still think the game looks great now and doesn't need remake.

Last edited:

EDMIX

You don't need to write walls of text to shoot down people's opinion that the game still looks greats. That's people's opinion.

Thats nice, no where do I say I hate the way the game looks, several times I agree it looks good....

That doesn't mean a fucking remake means someone DISAGREES with how it looked in 2013, understand that wanting a remake does not mean you hate the original. I don't know where this fucking theory even comes from, as if the game is going to get offended and you don't want to go through a divorce or something lol

. But was leaps and bounds the best PS3 game graphically.

Yea was, time moves on, advancements happen, I agree it was leaps and bounds better then most PS3 games, but that is 2006 hardware bud. You or I liking a bunch is not going to change that fact

But I still think the game looks great now

I'm sure you do.

That doesn't make it magically have advancements cause you like the original. You can continue to fucking like that game while a remake is out and about. Why must it look bad for a remake to be needed? You can always like how the original looks bud, that has nothing to do with a remake existing or not.

You needed to hate the original and it needed to be ugly for a remake to happen or? smh.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
There is literally zero reason to remake The Last of Us. It's backwards compatible.

Focus the time, money, etc. on something else ffs.

Edit:
I understand why certain games are remastered or remade, say for instance with the Darksiders games getting remastered, as it a) can help bring in some money to finance a new game in the series or b) bolster sales if the game didn't do great the first time around... but neither of those apply to Naughty Dog.
Reasons?
  • Easy money and TV series cross promotion potential
  • A chance to optimise TLoU 2 engine and tools for PS5 (cheaper than developing a new concept at the same time)
  • This will help development of their next mainline games which will take advantage of the PS5 R&D they get to do while developing this remake

EDMIX

Reasons?
  • Easy money and TV series cross promotion potential
  • A chance to optimise TLoU 2 engine and tools for PS5 (cheaper than developing a new concept at the same time)
  • This will help development of their next mainline games which will take advantage of the PS5 R&D they get to do while developing this remake

Nope,. remember if someone likes the original, it means it can't be remade, only ugly games people hate need remakes, this will help no one, when its made the original disk will blow up /s

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
"While it would have been a lot of fun to see the world's reaction to a surprise reveal of this project, Schreier's report about what's been going on at PlayStation Studios lately spoiled it to some degree."
These fucks spoil everything. seriously

Nope,. remember if someone likes the original, it means it can't be remade, only ugly games people hate need remakes, this will help no one, when its made the original disk will blow up /s
Dude what is your problem.... Why are you such a snowflake about other people's opinions. People are saying they don't see the point in a remake.... No one is saying it Can't be remade just because they like the original.

If you can't have a conversation about games on a gaming forum then I suggest you go and chat with yoirself or go on resetera or something

Last edited:

EDMIX

Dude what is your problem.... Why are you such a snowflake about other people's opinions. People are saying they don't see the point in a remake.... No one is saying it Can't be remade just because they like the original.

If you can't have a conversation about games on a gaming forum then I suggest you go and chat with yoirself or go on resetera or something

Why are you such a snowflake about my opinion.

I'm just saying I see a point in a remake.

No one is saying you can't play the original just because a remake is being made.

=)

Twinblade

I get that people don't like Part 2 for various reasons but comments like this are so stupid.

I think the reason for a Remake is due to the TV show, I can't see why they would remake it otherwise... the Remaster was fine.

Don't need another remake because of a show that will suck.

? Did you read what you stated there bud?

A PS2 GAME.

From PS2 to PS4 as a remake is no different then from PS3 to PS5.......

You can argue it runs like shit, sure, someone can argue the same fucking thing about The Last Of Us 1. GOTY in 2013 doesn't mean it has zero issue that would need to be fixed later on, you fucking telling me 720p is better then 4K?

Soooooo it doesn't fucking mean zero issues and nothing can be better, someone gave GOTY to SOTC...you can say it runs like shit all day, but the same can be stated about a dated game like The Last Of Us no different then SoTC...you are arguing about the same shit.

Yea..it has a PORT, it does not have a remake. Your point? Do you not see just how strange this argument actually is? Oh it has a port...... oh it won GOTY..... um... sure, so did SOTC.

61gNRtoOssL._SX342_.jpg

SOTC LITERALLY HAS A PS3 PORT, that doesn't fucking mean zero remake will happen or anything weird like that.

A port is not a remake...

Who is to even say Naughty Dog will even entirely do that remake? For all we know Bluepoint Games will just do the remake, or do you feel you'd rather have From Software do something else or? Cause a Demon Souls remake was made... smh

Some shit made from 2006 hardware being ported doesn't mean a remake won't happen or isn't needed or anything odd like that. Its easily one of the dumbest arguments I've heard in gaming that never makes any sense. You can think horseshit looks good, looking good for 2013 doesn't mean it can't look better.

Its a flawed argument that makes it sounds like only bad games get remakes or something, as if you can't fucking just play the original, like the remake makes the older disk self destruct or something lol
I can see that I've touch a dear subject to you. Do you think that it's that important how good graphics a game has?

IMO late generation PS3 game which has a PS4 Port/Remake is modern enough which only benefits with better graphics, faster loadings and a Dualsense support aren't important enough for a full blown remake. Just update them like God of War 2018.

PS1 and PS2 games have aged a lot worse than PS3 games, except for the frame rate where many PS1-2 games has 60 fps. Remakes such as Resident Evil 2 and Crash Bandicoot N. Sane trilogy are awesome.

As for the Demon's Souls Remake I adore it and it made me fell in love with From Software. I think it was a deserved remake because the original is stuck on PS3, it had many flaws and ran like shit. Yes, I would like Bluepoint to do something else than once again remaking a ND game. Bloodborne (4k 60fps would be enough) and a proper MGS 1 remake à la Demon's Souls would be nice.

I have already finished TLoU maybe 4 or 5 times so personally I don't have the thirst for a PS5 remake. I believe the HBO series has a chance of being good or even great but I'm not interested in movies or series which are based in games, because I don't think they can offer anywhere near the same experience.

That's what I have to say about that and not going to argue with you about this subject. I just wish ND, which is one of the best game studios there is would just use it's man power to develop new games and IP's.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Do you think that it's that important how good graphics a game has?

Never said anything like that, not sure why you are forcing the argument in an area that has never been disputed by me, shit the game's combat alone is worth the remake to correct many issues, but my post have stated many areas the game can be corrected in, not simply just graphics.

Thats your fault for not actually reading the post and just assuming a I just want a graphical upgrade or something and nothing more....

IMO late generation PS3 game which has a PS4 Port/Remake

It has a port, it does not have a remake....

is modern enough which only benefits with better graphics, faster loadings and a Dualsense support aren't important enough for a full blown remake.

The combat overhaul is very much important enough for a remake though, all of the above are important enough for a remake.

Just update them like God of War 2018.

??? God Of War 2018 is not a remake. I'm not sure what you are talking about and you need to clarify.

PS1 and PS2 games have aged a lot worse than PS3 games

Doesn't matter bud.

A PS2 game being remade on PS4 is no different then a PS3 game being remade on PS5. They aged enough for a remake.

Remakes such as Resident Evil 2 and Crash Bandicoot N. Sane trilogy are awesome.

yea and I'm sure that remake of The Last Of Us will be awesome too...

That's what I have to say about that and not going to argue with you about this subject. I just wish ND, which is one of the best game studios there is would just use it's man power to develop new games and IP's.

Thats why I was saying its likely Bluepoint will make it, I don't think all of ND will actually make it as one part of the team is making a new IP, the other half is rumored to be starting on The Last Of Us part 3. I don't think any of this stops development on any major title, especially if its just using The Last Of Us 2 engine, a lot of the models and mechanics already exist for it.

All I can say is, at least give ND or Bluepoint the respect to even say this shit when they actually SHOW THE GAME instead of already shitting on it before its even released, revealed etc. How can anyone say they have a thirst or not thirst for a game they haven't even SEEN remade? We can hold off how we feel about that area until they show us something instead of shooting them down before we even see 1 image or see 1 demo etc.

The Last of Us was made on 2006 hardware, I'm sure the team did as great as they could with that hardware, but that can't be ignored simply cause you and I like the game, I also want to see it in a new engine, new combat and fixed controls, better character models, more npc, different modes etc.

How could that hurt?

You and I still have the original, plus a remaster, what reason could really exist to shoot this down even with the reality that its likely being done by Bluepoint, a team that JUST does remakes? When the 10 year anniversary comes up, we really saying 10 years is now too soon?

As far as I'm concerned, anything in the PS3 generation should be remade vs remastered if it can be helped. During the PS4 generation, we had no issue seeing those PS2 or even PS1 remakes, i see no reason during the PS5 generation to really be out here pretending like PS3 is now magically off limits for remakes....

EDMIX

I would like Bluepoint to do something else than once again remaking a ND game. Bloodborne (4k 60fps would be enough) and a proper MGS 1 remake à la Demon's Souls would be nice.

Keep in mind, they are working on several projects.

For all we know, The Last Of Us 1 remake, Bloodborne remaster and MGS Remake are all being done by them.

Edit or that Symphony of the night remake rumor that has been going around for a bit.

Last edited:

Strategize

The irony of people saying TLOU Remake is the waste of resources, when in fact the reason it's being made is so Naughty Dog DON'T waste resources when most of the team has nothing to do while their next big project is still in pre-production. Guess people would rather ND lay a bunch of people off instead huh?

The financial benefits are just the icing.

Last edited:

EDMIX

The irony of people saying TLOU Remake is the waste of resources, when in fact the reason it's being made is so Naughty Dog DON'T waste resources when most of the team has nothing to do while their next big project is still in pre-production. Guess people would rather ND lay a bunch of people off instead huh?

The financial benefits are just the icing.

Agreed.

That part of the team gets to learn the ins and outs of the PS5, they get paid, we get another great AAA title etc.

Its a win, win, win.

An engine already exist for it, character models, story etc Enough assets exist for it so its not holding up really any projects as I think what both teams are working on are too far off anyway.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
No offense, but I feel like this one hell of captain obvious kinda of answer.

Pretty sure people generally ask why by using the fact that it's a pretty good game, therefore no need for a remake.

A remaster is one thing, but with the remake theres a possiblity that they might add unnecessary things, trying to change things so they match either LoU2 or the future Tv series(which could mean replace the original actors) or even create things that weren't in the original. Which means they could potentially change the game for good.
Then you still have your original copy from the remaster, so no we are bitching just to bitch

Saber

Gold Member
Then you still have your original copy from the remaster, so no we are bitching just to bitch

Way to go beyond the point. But as for some responses here go, I feel like people its waaay too sensitive to the point of attacking other opinions.

People want remakes for say reasons while others not for different reasons. Its not as deep as people make to. But if thats bitching, sure whatever makes you feel comfortable.

Last edited:

angrod14

People who are complaining about TLOU Remake will be the first to cum all over the game when it releases. Please don't set yourselves for hypocrisy.

S

Shodan09

Unconfirmed Member
I still can't believe they're actually remaking the last of us. Complete waste of time and resources and a worrying indicator for the oath Sony is taking this gen.

Top Bottom