• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games so filled with features they stand on their own

Hey GAF, as I replayed my Game of the last Generation a few minutes ago, The Wonderful 101 Wii U, I was reflecting on how many mechanics it features, how much variations there are in the gameplay, which reference other games and help convey the vastness of the scope of the game, and the modes featured in the game like the Multiplayer Missions which add replay value as well. This game feels so complete, so jam packed full of content that it simply can stand on its own. I'd love a series out of this game, but this game is just so magnificent that it doesn't really need sequels imo. What say you GAF, any favorite games of yours out there that are so complete that they don't need sequels?

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Red Dead 2.

/Thread

red dead redemption 2 snow GIF by Rockstar Games
red dead redemption 2 poker GIF by Rockstar Games
red dead redemption 2 goodbye GIF by Rockstar Games
red dead redemption 2 fight GIF by Rockstar Games

red dead redemption 2 rockstar GIF
red dead redemption 2 fishing GIF by Rockstar Games
red dead redemption 2 bear GIF by Rockstar Games
red dead redemption 2 theatre GIF by Press Start Australia

Last edited:

Codes 208

Unironically i would have to say minecraft. Most series i love have sequels and im fine with that because that just means more to play (like halo and dark souls)

Timesplitters 2 and Perfect Dark (N64) for me. Endlessly enjoyable.
I'll second this. Even when you finished the Campaign in Timesplitters there was still so many challenges to do and arcade modes. I never actually finished the game because there was so much to do and it got harder in difficulty.

intbal

Disciples: Sacred Lands - Gold Edition

The Gold Edition adds so much extra content that I've been playing the game for twenty years without ever really getting tired of it.

Banned
I'll second this. Even when you finished the Campaign in Timesplitters there was still so many challenges to do and arcade modes. I never actually finished the game because there was so much to do and it got harder in difficulty.

yeah unlocking everything in Time Splitters 2 is almost impossible lol. it's so hard near the end and there's so much. but that didn't stop me and my friends from trying every day to get something new for like a whole year xD

Top Bottom