• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that could benefit from a demo

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I sure have. Lots of JRPGs, like Dragon Quest VII, for example. Games like that will often be light on gameplay the first couple hours, as they use that time for world building and mood setting. That would make for a terrible demo.

There are games that you start off limited, but pays off as you unlock abilities.

Then there are games that just start off poorly, but end up being better later on like Wolfenstein.

Ahh, I can see that. For me, any game that starts with an hour of story isn't for me the whole way. For games like wolfenstein, I enjoy them from the get go.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Game demos were at their absolute peak during the PS2 era. While now, demos are something that happens infrequently at best, in those days, developers were all too fond of releasing dedicated vertical slices of upcoming games well before their releases- and people collected those demo disks and played them endlessly.

Here, we're going to talk about a few demos for PS2 games that we just couldn't stop playing.

The ICO and mgs2 demos I played like a dozen of times each one.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Demos were the coolest. As a teen with no means to get new games on my own I really liked diving into demos discs.

Also some demos were really cool, like the Half-Life one where they did a whole new level just to show off the game.

Top Bottom