• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that you like to show to other people

Hey GAF, am wondering if you love to show certain games to people. I loooooove to play The Evil Within around my cousins, not only is the gunplay and atmosphere astounding but because its a pure survival horror game, strange things happen in the game all the time so its entertaining for others to watch me play it. What about you, GAF? What are your favorite games to show people?

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
Are the other people gamers?
If not games with strong narrative qualities and / or refined aesthetics, without consideration of gameplay. RDR 2 comes to mind.
If so any type of game they like.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I got one person into gaming by showing them The Last of Us. They were blown away by the prologue and afaik they've completed the game after buying a PS4 of their own.

I also remember how a friend of mine enjoyed playing Driveclub Bikes in first person mode when he visited, the feeling of actual speed is great.

Last edited:
v093iBt.jpg

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
The only time I've done this is with my dad. He's a huge history nerd like me, so I show him the best historical games on offer.

I showed him Total War: Rome 2 and he lost his fucking mind. Man got out his dick out and started to furiously 'helicopter' in manic excitement.

Last edited:

GymWolf

The last one was demons remake to a friend who is searching for a ps5 and never played the original one.

Idk, trying to get non-gamers into gaming can always backfire and you'll be there sitting duck like a moron. I'd recommend you try to showcase a story-driven game with relatively simple but satisfying gameplay, where shit happens at a max of 30 minutes into the game. People who aren't gamers won't keep their interest much past that because it isn't their hobby, they mostly won't say anything out of politeness.

Anyway, good luck with it.

OrionNebula

Honestly, I enjoy showing Journey to some older, non-gaming people

I also like to show the first 20 mins of TLOU1 to non-gamers as well

That usually has great, and greatly different, reactions

hemo memo

Gold Member
Well, my cousins as with the rest of the country only plays FIFA or Cod so if it is not either of those games interest goes to 0 by default.

My wife commented on me playing Rechain of memories recently (part of Kingdom Hearts All-in-one package).

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
It's funny, always the people I meet ... talk about video games and say ... The best video game of all is Mario or Pokemon (The classic because only they know that games)... or they wait for a classic answer like Zelda, they ask me questions and I answer them even of games that are unknown.

When they ask me which is the best game of all, I always tell them Gravity rush and they are left with an incognito face ... and I always emphasize that it has the same quality as a Zelda and is 10,000 times better than God of War or The last of us .... and I show it to them and they are amazed because the beautiful color in Gravity rush 2.

Last edited:

Deerock71

I like to show my friends Waifu Discovered 2, and judges like to show me restraining orders. Mine is definitely more entertaining.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Hey GAF, am wondering if you love to show certain games to people. I loooooove to play The Evil Within around my cousins, not only is the gunplay and atmosphere astounding but because its a pure survival horror game, strange things happen in the game all the time so its entertaining for others to watch me play it. What about you, GAF? What are your favorite games to show people?
Weird... I left the game because I felt it started to constantly required me to play as an action game but with all the limitations of a survivor horror by putting me on hords of those things... I consider that a design flaw since the game is not giving me tools for the situations it wants me to surpass...

OT: Whatever AAA rly, people get impressed by how "movie-like" they look... or any AA or AAA game like Xenoblade since my closest mates like anime at least

I don't know how many people here have played with this, but First Contact for the Oculus Rift is an incredible game to play for people who have never experienced modern day VR. You're just in an old camper trailer with all this tech sitting around and buttons to push. Lot's of interaction.

I had a birthday party for one of my daughters and I would pull people aside to try it out. Everyone played it. I overheard my brother in law who hates video games, walk away and tell his wife that that was the most fun he has ever had playing a video game. It's a short experience and is so much fun.

Top Bottom