• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games to get back into gaming

3a5.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Castlevania eh? Funny as I recently got to the final boss of Curse of the Moon so this might be similar
Game uses similar sprites to the old castlevania games, but that's where the similarities end.

Another vote for Vampire Survivors, it's great and just pure fun.

Need some info on your tastes, and what kind of game you want, and why you got in the slump in the first place.
I like old school games. Things like survival horror, hack n slash, action platformers, run n gun. I want to play something fresh, new. What got me into the slump is that I played too much RE4 Mercenaries VR and got burned out

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I like old school games. Things like survival horror, hack n slash, action platformers, run n gun. I want to play something fresh, new. What got me into the slump is that I played too much RE4 Mercenaries VR and got burned out
I guess I'll throw in another vote for Metroid Dread if you haven't played it. Was my GOTY last year. Near flawless pacing. One of the best action games I've ever played.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Metal Gear Rising if you are into action.
F-Zero X if you want some fast paced racing with cool music.
Dragon's Dogma if you want an open world ARPG like no other. Kinda fits into the hack'n'slash category.
Persona 5 if you want to get into JRPG. If you are already into JRPGs, try SMT III, IV or V.

old school games... hack n slash, action platformers, run n gun
Play Alien Soldier if you haven't already. Game it's kinda hard to get into, but once you have it dominated it's a hell lot of fun.

I want to play something fresh, new
I really liked Factorio when I played it. You basically have to design a factory and get the fuck out the planet by building a rocket. Took me 40 hours of playtime, and all of those were fun.

Metal Gear Rising if you are into action.
F-Zero X if you want some fast paced racing with cool music.
Dragon's Dogma if you want an open world ARPG like no other. Kinda fits into the hack'n'slash category.
Persona 5 if you want to get into JRPG. If you are already into JRPGs, try SMT III, IV or V.

Play Alien Soldier if you haven't already. Game it's kinda hard to get into, but once you have it dominated it's a hell lot of fun.

I really liked Factorio when I played it. You basically have to design a factory and get the fuck out the planet by building a rocket. Took me 40 hours of playtime, and all of those were fun.
I've been meaning to get a catridge of F Zero X.

Beat Rising, but it seems like a good candidate to replay because haven't played it in a while.

Alien Soldier I liked the idea, but something about the controls didn't click with me. Reminds me of Pulseman. That game was pretty good from what I remember.

Factorio, is it on Steam? If so I'll wishlist it

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I don’t think a game like elder scrolls or elden ring is a piece of cake, I think sport games do a great job of difficulty than let a AAA game like Uncharted to take over your imagination.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Sekiro, it’s FROM’s take on action game but at same time its not similar to games like Bayonetta or DMC.

Sekiro, it’s FROM’s take on action game but at same time its not similar to games like Bayonetta or DMC.
I get what you mean . I started it but didn't click yet. Another FROM game I like but suck at is Bloodborne...too bad I gave the PS4 Slim to younger brother. PC port when

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I've been meaning to get a catridge of F Zero X.

Beat Rising, but it seems like a good candidate to replay because haven't played it in a while.

Alien Soldier I liked the idea, but something about the controls didn't click with me. Reminds me of Pulseman. That game was pretty good from what I remember.

Factorio, is it on Steam? If so I'll wishlist it
Rising is a great game to replay. Short, fun and specially great if you don't remember everything from the last playthrough.

Alien Soldier has weird controls... it allows you to do a lot of stuff with just a dpad and three buttons. You'll probably have better games to play, but if you ever want a challenging 16bit arcade like game, give it a go. My advice is to spend some time on the training screen practicing the movements.

Factorio is on Steam yeah. Never goes for sale, and the dev would prefer for you to pirate his game rather than buying from some key reseller.

Bragr

Banned
As people mentioned, Vampire Survivors is good, fast, and easy to get into. shapez.io is good for this too.

Another option is to jump straight into The Last of Us 2, that way you'll be able to join the debate.

Last edited:
Kind of off topic but what is the best way to play Resident Evil 96? I feel like giving it another go but don't want censored/missing content

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
I like old school games. Things like survival horror, hack n slash, action platformers, run n gun. I want to play something fresh, new.
Try Ghostrunner.
It didn't get publicity it deserves - but it's basically a perfect marriage of Mirror's Edge and Hotline Miami (including the soundtrack style), coupled with really nice Cyberpunk aesthetics.

dcmk7

Banned
Personally would suggest Hades and Returnal. Had a lot of fun out of the both of them, was never a dull moment.

Top Bottom