• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you are looking forward to enjoying?

Hey GAF, what games are you looking forward to enjoying? There are a few I'm looking forward to enjoying myself:

Out already:
-Fatal Frame Mask of the Lunar Eclipse
-Sonic Mania
-Sonic Origins
-Resident Evil 2 Remake as Claire Redfield on the 2nd run (beat the first run as Claire and did my first 2nd run with Leon)
-Super Mario Sunshine
-Sonic Adventure DX
-Nier on the Xbox 360 with Papa Nier
-Hi Fi Rush

Coming out later on:
-Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon
-Resident Evil 4 Remake
-System Shock
-Pikmin 4
-Alan Wake 2

acvifor-announcement-thumbnail.jpg

Antwix

Starfield
Elden Ring dlc
Diablo 4
Slime Rancher 2 1.0
Forza
Dead Cells (revisiting with the new dlc)

Also gonna try to get into some Total War games as well.

probably missing a few but there's lots of stuff this year

Gold Member
Anno 1800 is out today, so that’s the first thing I’m looking forward to!

Jedi Survivor, RE4 & FFXVI are the next lot I’m excited for after that.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Probably Sekiro but they put two apes now where I have to go and it's making it a pill hard to swallow :(

Now seriously, TLOU Part I or DK: Tropical Freeze are probably next, the latter I already got it on the Switch but Sekiro has taken all the time from me and it's leaving be nothing for other stuff.

Neolombax

Final fantasy looks really good, im eagerly waiting for the diablo 4 open beta. Does space marine 2 come out this year? i thoroughly enjoyed the first game. Remnant 2 seems to be flying under people's radar too, thats another release i am excited for.

Hunnybun

I'm trying to finish Horizon FW at the moment but I'm really looking forward to getting Ragnarok and the new Dead Space once that's done.

I think the next big game on my radar is then Final Fantasy XVI. Then Spider-Man 2 I guess...

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Probably Sekiro but they put two apes now where I have to go and it's making it a pill hard to swallow :(
At first it’s seems difficult but then you figure out that the second Ape has very low posture, which makes it easy take down quickly.

my ten most anticipated

10. Cocoon
9. Starfield
8. Baldur's Gate 3
7. Lunacid
6. Monomyth
5. STALKER 2
4. Ubusuna
3. Tears of the Kingdom
2. Fires of Rubicon
1. Shadow of the Erdtree

Last edited:

Markio128

I’m looking forward to loads of games this year, but in the very short term, Saints and Sinners 1&2 on PSVR2. I didn’t play the original, so it’ll be awesome to have 2 decent length campaigns to play in VR.

Alpha Male

Jedi Survivor
Age of Wonders
Redfall
Zelda
Horizon Burning Shores DLC
Diablo
Final Fantasy
Starfield
Spiderman
Forza
Age of Empires
The Crew
Assassin's Creed
Cocoon
Armored Core
Elden Ring DLC
Cyberpunk DLC

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I wrapped up NG+3 of Elden Ring, so I’m excited for the DLC. I’m taking a day off for RE4R, which I’m also very excited about playing. I’ve paid off Jedi Survivor, Diablo IV, and FFXVI. I’ve got Tears of the Kingdom pre-ordered. I have fond memories of Ocarina of Time being announced, preordering the gold cart, so I’ve got a love for Zelda games. I want SF6, but I want the season pass edition. I’m looking forward to all these games. I also preordered System Shock. It comes out right before a lot of big games in June. Towards the end of the year I’m looking forward to Part II of the FFVII Remake. This year feels great.

Gandih42

Of upcoming releases I'm super optimistic about FFXVI, might pre-order because I'm a steelbook slut (for games I care about, although I'm not sure I love the art on it).

I've had Demon's Souls PS5 on my shelf for a long time, I hope I have time to crack that one open soon too.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Hey GAF, what games are you looking forward to enjoying? There are a few I'm looking forward to enjoying myself:

Out already:
-Fatal Frame Mask of the Lunar Eclipse
-Sonic Mania
-Sonic Origins
-Resident Evil 2 Remake as Claire Redfield on the 2nd run (beat the first run as Claire and did my first 2nd run with Leon)
-Super Mario Sunshine
-Sonic Adventure DX
-Nier on the Xbox 360 with Papa Nier
-Hi Fi Rush

Coming out later on:
-Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon
-Resident Evil 4 Remake
-System Shock
-Pikmin 4
-Alan Wake 2
I've never played Super Mario Odyssey but was given it as a gift last December. I look forward to that and the fact that it seems like Nintendo will be continuing that leg of franchise.

Upcoming:
- The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
- Pikmin 4
- Metroid Prime: 4

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Hi-Fi Rush on the PC, have it installed but only played it for half an hour or so.

Wanted: Dead on the PS5, looks like an incredible throwback to the PS3 days, can't wait to start this as soon as I finish Ishin.

Octopath Traveller II on the PS5, hope it is as good as the first one.

And then from the games I don't have yet, but pre-ordered:

Master Detective Archives: Rain Code for the Switch. I like Spike Chunsoft so I get most of their stuff.

RE4 remake

og RE4 is still a ton of fun to play, and i feel like the remake is going to mess it up somehow.
looking forward to being proven wrong, hopefully.

also want to see the switch 2.
will be interesting to see the chosen hardware, and which games nintendo ports to it.

Bartski

Gold Member
Managed to get some time off for RE4, loved the demo! Then saints and sinners 2 on VR and other VR stuff.

Rest of Q2: Burning Shores, Dead Island 2, Jedi Survivor, Darkest Dungeon 2, Amnesia The Bunker, Humanity, Outlas Trials early access, and maybe some Diablo 4.

Tons of stuff for Q3 and Q4, top hype list with no release dates is TLOU Online (likely 2024), Armored Core 6, Hellblade 2. DLCs for Elden Ring, Cyberpunk.
A ton of indies.

Starfield.

Top Bottom