• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GamesBeat: Sony is pulling PS Now retail cards from U.K. retailers

kyliethicc

r0wuC2y.gif

Lognor

Banned
nah.. if you left your house to buy a game, you aren't coming home with a different game. the only way that would happen is if the game you wanted. sold out
What about if you are a child or teenager and can't afford it? IT does happen. We got ourselves another mr money bags over here!

Kdad

Update 4:58 p.m.: A Sony Interactive Entertainment spokesperson has told VentureBeat, “Globally, we are moving from PlayStation Now gift cards to focus on our current cash denomination PlayStation gift cards, which can be redeemed for PlayStation Now.”

Update 4:58 p.m.: A Sony Interactive Entertainment spokesperson has told VentureBeat, “Globally, we are moving from PlayStation Now gift cards to focus on our current cash denomination PlayStation gift cards, which can be redeemed for PlayStation Now.”
In other words... There's not going to be any more cheap PS Now cards

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Asian Fail GIF by Hello All

They need to allow you to at the very least Stream PS3 and PS2 games you own on disc, I don't see why I shouldn't be able to play Killzone 3 since I own the game and it's possible to play it on PS4/5.
Or hopefully they've got some sort of emulator in one of these tiers so you can play your collection.
That would be an incredible value! I have lots of PS1, 2, and 3 games. At least let us stream the games we already own. Would really show they appreciate their customers.

If they add it to ps plus they suddenly surpass gamepass. This would be a good move, ps now is like $6 a month for the yearly. Make ps plus $64.99 and include ps now. Then do the premium thing for $69.99 a year and ur gootchi. If Nintendo can get away with $49.99 for that n64 service 👀.

Doing this would actually be genius

Well sony may disagree.

Sony maybe on top of the world now, but when starfield, fable, indina jones, perfect dark, elder scrolls, are dropping for no additional cost on gamepass, with a very healthy installbase, people are going to notice that with sonys games you have to buy a noticeable chunk of 💰
Can people play The Last of Us, Gran Turismo, God of War, Horizon, Spider-Man 2, Wolverine, etc with Gamepass? No?
Maybe the ones that already were with Sony and liked those games won't care and don't think about gamepass, lmao. Is Nintendo in trouble as well? It's weird how only Sony is supposed to be worried about a service that's yet quite far from their own PlayStation Plus (which will be the one and only subscription service for PlayStation)

Spitfire098

I'm worried about moneyhatting tbh. Sony have shown that they will moneyhat anything they deem necessary, which has became accepted practice over the past year or two for whatever reason.

While Microsoft do pay to have games release day one on Game Pass, the games are always also available on other services the same day regardless.

Will we see a situation where Sony actively pay publishers to keep games off of Game Pass and vice versa... does "day one on x" now become "day one and exclusively on x"...?

I highly doubt Sony will be adding their own first party games to the service so they will need marquee 3rd party content in order to make it worthwhile.

I just can't stand timed exclusive or paid exclusive fuckery.
Nah I want more multi year timed exclusives on all platforms

watch_the_world_burn-DMID1-5cbfj9nkn-500x216.gif

dance-dancing.gif

I'm sorry but you are in the wrong thread buddy, it is about PS Now and it's potential rebranding, stop doing this whole GP thing...
They can't, they are here to show their toxic side. They don't want to leave a place for people to talk something good about their brand of choice without bringing their gamepass in the conversation. They are a cult now not someone who enjoys games aka gamers.

Personally would love to have options or tiers, maybe some media options also with cruchyroll, Sony movies etc. But please don't emphasize on PS1 or PS2 games... There is a small minority that want backward compatibility with games from the 1800. That's not bad but I hope it's not the only focus of the new service

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Well sony may disagree.

Sony maybe on top of the world now, but when starfield, fable, indina jones, perfect dark, elder scrolls, are dropping for no additional cost on gamepass, with a very healthy installbase, people are going to notice that with sonys games you have to buy a noticeable chunk of 💰
Didn't you get the memo last year?

Elder Scrolls sucks.

With that joke out of the way, Sony won't disagree.

Their player base likes what they do no matter what they do,and as long it's like that then Sony keeps winning.

It's eaay to ignore your competitors when you dictate the market.

Last edited:

Hari Seldon

Curious to see what they do. I have no interest in the current ps plus or ps now, so just combining those as-is will not get me to sub. But if they make it closer to gamepass I could see myself alternating between the two services, especially if the Sony option includes PC.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Wish they would just let you pop in the actual game and play it on your modern console.

Think of us plebs with aDSL internet. PS NOW CAN'T DO SHIT FOR ME

lol.

Kilau

Gold Member
I wonder if pulling the cards is to save people from buying something they soon won’t need or because the cars would enable a better deal.

iceatcs

Could PS Now server hardware to being port over to PC server hardware to run all PS platforms?
So that can play 1st party PS5 titles from those PC ports.

Maybe Epic work together for PC launcher on their Spartacus hardware (for 3rd party titles)? Who know? Will be interesting how 3rd party to join, or maybe they have made PS5 chip in the cloud server?

Last edited:

Zeroing

Banned
I assume the new restructuring it’s to merge Sony’s “portfolio”. Video, games, music.

They got rid of video and music back in the late PS3 era.

Why have 2 services when you can merge them into one?

Services are touchy topic here and used as ammo for console wars.

Kagey K

Banned
I assume the new restructuring it’s to merge Sony’s “portfolio”. Video, games, music.

They got rid of video and music back in the late PS3 era.

Why have 2 services when you can merge them into one?

Services are touchy topic here and used as ammo for console wars.
Gamers aren't buying TV shows and TV watchers aren't buying gaming stuff.

This would be the TV TV TV moment for Sony if they tried it.

Zeroing

Banned
Gamers aren't buying TV shows and TV watchers aren't buying gaming stuff.

This would be the TV TV TV moment for Sony if they tried it.
Lol ok. I don’t think most of you understand what the restructuring of the new service is.

They aren’t taking anything away they are adding it.

Options are good!
Have read this phrase so many times here on neogaf…

If Spartacus does happen I wonder if at some point they will improve PS Now and put it as an app or something on TVs or bring out a stick to plug into an HDMI port?

Lol ok. I don’t think most of you understand what the restructuring of the new service is.

Options are good!
Depends on the price. If they add Tv stuff and raise the price, people may not like it. If the price stays the same or the tv stuff comes at a higher tier, there is no need to complain.

MonarchJT

Banned
well..it was a failed service probably it will get a different visibility if integrated in PS + ... we will see how much the price will increase now

Marvel

could never
It was garbage, I had it for a year because I stupidly accidentally bought it instead of a year of plus once lol.

Godot25

Banned
If they would be willing to put their first-party games into this service 1-2 years after release and will have solid streaming option, they will have my sub.
Otherwise there is literally no point.

reksveks

Options are good!
I am still trying to figure out what non console PS Now users get out of this

Does PS Now allow stacking of codes? Could be a good time to gamble and buy a year's worth.
Best price I have seen is £40 but no guarantee Sony will give a favourable exchange.

Top Bottom