• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

gamescom 2021 |OT| The ♥ of gaming

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I am so fuckig angry. Woke Saint's row for fortnite kids.
I loved all 3 games. Even the third one was more mature and spicy than this shit (I loved 3rd the most)
Saint's row without an edge? fuuuuu

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
This Metallica cover...

giphy.gif

MastaKiiLA

I’m half-black and gay you dimwit. You assume that these games are made for “people like me” but in reality they’re made for virtue-signalling hustlers and race-baiters who need to feel morally superior without doing anything at all other than Tweeting a bunch of bullshit several times a day.
I'm black, and i find the tired use of terms like virtue-signaling to be tedious and boring. Who's the dimwit, the one who doesn't care what a game character looks like, or the one who thinks that complaining about the way the world is is somehow a worthwhile exercise? Keep fucking that chicken, bruv. However you get your nut is fine by me. It's all a good laugh for me.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Man, I feel like Marvel pays the actors so much to be in the films, that they might as well make the game characters look like them.
you know this makes no sense right?
The characters in the movie universe are made to look like the source material.
So you want the characters in a game (not based on the movie universe), to look like that characters from the movies, who in turn look like characters from the comics?
What happens when they recast someone? Go back and update all games ever to look like the actor?
What about characters that don't exist in the movies? just never have them in games?
GIF by Jason Clarke

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
Don't have any feel for the game but Ghost Rider design looks cool.

mortal

Gold Member
Are they aware there were other wars besides WW1 & WW2?

At least give me a new COD from the Axis perspective for once fucking hell.

MastaKiiLA

you know this makes no sense right?
The characters in the movie universe are made to look like the source material.
So you want the characters in a game (not based on the movie universe), to look like that characters from the movies, who in turn look like characters from the comics?
What happens when they recast someone? Go back and update all games ever to look like the actor?
What about characters that don't exist in the movies? just never have them in games?
GIF by Jason Clarke
I just assume these new games are trying to ride the popularity of the films. Maybe I'm the only one who finds it visually jarring to see an in-game character who differs significantly from the actors in the films. I don't read comics, so outside of the costumes, I don't really know what the characters look like. I also assume that the films are far more popular than the comics, but I could be wrong.

Kagey K

Banned
They said it's a tactical RPG.

So I imagine the story focuses on the new character but during combat you'll get to control the other characters.
I’ll wait for the gameplay reveal on Sept 1 before judging it too harshly.

Call of Duty is such a regular thing in the gaming world I...feel like they really don't need to advertise it much. It's the Madden football of shooters - the people who buy millions of these copies aren't watching this campaign footage lol

CAB_Life

I'm black, and i find the tired use of terms like virtue-signaling to be tedious and boring. Who's the dimwit, the one who doesn't care what a game character looks like, or the one who thinks that complaining about the way the world is is somehow a worthwhile exercise? Keep fucking that chicken, bruv. However you get your nut is fine by me. It's all a good laugh for me.
Fetishism is not representation. It preys on stereotypes and is actually damaging to minority portrayal.

I’m commenting on a board where we discuss video games and their associated hilarity and woes, bruv. Not taking your nonsense ad hominems or much else very seriously, btw.

Top Bottom