• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

gamescom 2021 |OT| The ♥ of gaming

cormack12

Gold Member
mod edit: added to OP from post #24

Hey folks, It is pretty clear that Sony are not at this event, nor Nintendo. Any attempts beyond this point to derail or ask rhetorical 'concern questions' will earn reply bans. We don't need pages of the same passive aggressive 'Where is Sony?' etc.

When they have an event, another thread can be made. If you have previous warnings for console warring, then a reply ban is likely not to be the only action taken.

gamescom3.jpg

Gamescom 2021 scheduleConference Date (UK)UK time (BST)EU time (CEST)East Coast US time (EDT)West Coast US time (PDT)
Destiny 2 ShowcaseTuesday, August 2417:0018:0012:0009:00
Xbox gamescom 2021 streamTuesday, August 2418:0019:0013:0010:00
gamescom opening night liveWednesday, August 2518:3019:3013:3010:30
gamescom Awesome Indies showcaseThursday, August 2619:3020:3014:3011:30
Future Games ShowThursday, August 2621:0022:0016:0013:00

Destiny 2 Showcase times - Tuesday, August 24

Unofficially kicking off a week of gamescom streams is a showcase from Bungie on what's next for Destiny 2. The headline is a reveal of the next expansion, The Witch Queen, which was pushed from Destiny's usual end-of-year slot to an early 2022 release instead.

Xbox gamescom 2021 stream times - Tuesday, August 24

Hosted by Parris Lilly and Kate Yeager, Xbox will be hosting a dedicated gamescom event with "in-depth updates" from Xbox Game Studios titles which have been already announced. We imagine Forza Horizon 5 is a cert, while we have our fingers crossed for a Halo: Infinite release date. We also know we'll receive some Xbox Game Pass updates for the year ahead.

gamescom 2021 opening night live times - Wednesday, August 25

The headliner for this year's virtual gamescom will feature over 30 games in a two hour show "filled with news, first looks, gameplay, and much more", according to host Geoff Keighley.

Confirmed for the show includes a new character in Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania (we've had Sonic and Tails, Jet Set Radio and Yakuza cameos so far), news on Genshin Impact and King of Fighters XV, "raw, real next-gen gameplay" of Call of Duty: Vanguard, new footage of Lego Star Wars: Skywalker Saga and dotemu's new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles beat-em-up, a first look at Massive Monsters' Devolver game and a possible Saint's Row reveal.

gamescom Awesome Indies showcase times - Thursday, August 26

This showcase, created in collaboration with IGN, is hosted not from the spawning Koelnmesse convention halls over in Cologne, but from Venice Beach in Los Angeles. What this means is we're getting a "beach day full of exclusive trailers, fun and games, and the unique scene only Venice Beach locals can provide". Sands good to us.

Future Games Show times - Thursday, August 26

Hosted by Uncharted voice actors Nolan North and Emily Rose, the Future Games Show returns for another gamescom with an evening of "gameplay clips, developer walkthroughs, and world premieres".

More than 40 games and "some special guests" have also been teased. To give you an idea of what we could expect, Future's E3 event featured looks at Jurassic World Evolution 2, Dying Light 2 Stay Human and OlliOlli World. Elsewhere, there will be another virtual show floor you can explore, where demos from the showcase will be playable on Steam.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartski

Gold Member
Gamescom 2021 awards nominees announced, including Elden Ring in 5 categories

Best Microsoft Xbox Game​

• Elden Ring, Bandai Namco Entertainment
  • Far Cry 6, Ubisoft
  • Halo Infinite, Microsoft

Best Nintendo Switch Game​

• Just Dance 2022, Ubisoft
  • Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope, Ubisoft

Best PC Game​

• Age of Empires IV, Microsoft
  • Syberia: The World Before, astragon Entertainment

Best Sony PlayStation Game​

• Tales of Arise, Bandai Namco Entertainment
  • The Dark Pictures: House of Ashes, Bandai Namco Entertainment

Best Action Adventure Game​

Best Action Game​

• Far Cry 6, Ubisoft
  • Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction, Ubisoft

Best Family Game​

• Run Prop, Run!, PlayTogether Studio
  • Super Dungeon Maker, rokaplay

Best Indie Game​

• Dorfromantik, Toukana Interactive
  • Inua, Arte France
  • Lost in Random, Electronic Arts

Best Role Playing Game​

• Encased, Koch Media

Best Simulation Game​

• Climber: Sky is the Limit, Art Games Studio
  • Farming Simulator 22, astragon Entertainment

Best Sports Game​

• FIFA 22, Electronic Arts
  • Riders Republic, Ubisoft

Best Strategy Game​

• Company of Heroes 3, SEGA

Best Multiplayer Game​

Best Ongoing Game​

• Apex Legends, Electronic Arts
  • Black Desert Online, Pearl Abyss Corp.
  • Endzone – A World Apart: Prosperity, Assemble Entertainment

Most Original Game​

• Dice Legacy, Koch Media / DESTINYbit
  • tERRORbane, Whisper Interactive

Last edited:

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
Will watch the Xbox thing. Might watch Geoff's, too.

I really hope we get some cool stuff, but I'm not expecting anything. Please show Perfect Dark.

Toots

Gold Member
Gamescom 2021 awards nominees announced, including Elden Ring in 5 categories

Best Microsoft Xbox Game​

• Far Cry 6, Ubisoft

Best Nintendo Switch Game​

Best PC Game​

Best Sony PlayStation Game​

Best Action Adventure Game​

Best Action Game​

• Far Cry 6, Ubisoft
  • Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction, Ubisoft

Best Family Game​

• Run Prop, Run!, PlayTogether Studio
  • Super Dungeon Maker, rokaplay

Best Indie Game​

• Dorfromantik, Toukana Interactive
  • Inua, Arte France
  • Lost in Random, Electronic Arts

Best Role Playing Game​

• Encased, Koch Media

Best Simulation Game​

• Farming Simulator 22, astragon Entertainment

Best Sports Game​

• FIFA 22, Electronic Arts

Best Strategy Game​

• Company of Heroes 3, SEGA

Best Multiplayer Game​

Best Ongoing Game​

• Apex Legends, Electronic Arts
  • Black Desert Online, Pearl Abyss Corp.
  • Endzone – A World Apart: Prosperity, Assemble Entertainment

Most Original Game​

• Dice Legacy, Koch Media / DESTINYbit
  • tERRORbane, Whisper Interactive
I'll never understand voting for something that you don't know, or haven't had the chance to really experience...
Imagine the Oscar people voting for movies they didn't see, instead of seeing all of them and voting for the one made by their friend/lover/family member
Imagine people having to cast a vote based on arguments (outright lies?) made by some twisted scoundrels from some marketing team?
Presidential elections aren't enough for us to see what a let down it always is in the end?

Tokio Blues

We need more games ASAP!!

Also, would like to see some Halo Infinite campaign footage. It would be awesome.

Can we expect any surprise from Sony? may be from Xbox? Starfield gameplay?

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
I'll never understand voting for something that you don't know, or haven't had the chance to really experience...
Imagine the Oscar people voting for movies they didn't see, instead of seeing all of them and voting for the one made by their friend/lover/family member
Imagine people having to cast a vote based on arguments (outright lies?) made by some twisted scoundrels from some marketing team?
Presidential elections aren't enough for us to see what a let down it always is in the end?

quite obviously this is a vote for material to be shown on the show akin to E3.

There were rumors some time back from(I believe) reasonably reputable sources that Sony pushed theirs back to September?

Thus far, that remains somewhat credible, though I guess they could have something in the works for the last week of August, I dunno.

They are ludicrously quiet, but I mean when your system keeps selling out in seconds(even bundles), I surmise you can afford to be.

Halo getting a definitive date would be nice, but Covid-19 seems to be causing havoc again, so they may remain hesitant on pegging a date. Feels weird to leave out Forge and Co-op solely to try and crunch out a release date.

Last edited:

Bill O'Rights

Seldom posts. Always delivers.
Staff Member
Hey folks, It is pretty clear that Sony are not at this event, nor Nintendo. Any attempts beyond this point to derail or ask rhetorical 'concern questions' will earn reply bans. We don't need pages of the same passive aggressive 'Where is Sony?' etc.

When they have an event, another thread can be made. If you have previous warnings for console warring, then a reply ban is likely not to be the only action taken.

Thanks

sircaw

Banned

Thanks
When I said i wanted to see a new quake i meant the game dammit, you go Bill :messenger_grinning:

bosnianpie

I hope we hear something about the MGS remake, any hint that it's happening would be very appreciated. Any news on Crash Bandicoot or the rumored GTA trilogy remake would be cool aswell.

1/3 and I'm happy.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
The heart of gaming? Who the fuck calls it that?

I'm hoping Xbox will do at least one great announce/drop gamepass game like id did for the Quakecon last week.

Also, maybe there will be an announce/drop of Silksong...

the lord of the rings pippin GIF

Kuranghi

I do really want to see the new Lego Star Wars but I have worriments after hearing about all the troubles and it generally being absent for absolutely ages now. Generally they'd have trailers 6 months out, then gameplay walkthrough close to launch and we've not really had any of that even taking into account Covid delays.

catvonpee

I feel like Resident Evil Village got robbed not being on the list of nominees. But there's games not even out? Maybe I'm not understanding how the nominations work?

Kuranghi

I hope we hear something about the MGS remake, any hint that it's happening would be very appreciated. Any news on Crash Bandicoot or the rumored GTA trilogy remake would be cool aswell.

1/3 and I'm happy.

What do you suppose the Crash news would be? Crash 5 or remake of an older title or something else entirely?

bosnianpie

What do you suppose the Crash news would be? Crash 5 or remake of an older title or something else entirely?

Not Crash 5, that's to early but there has been hints about something called 'Wumpa League'. My best guess is that it would be a Crash Bash-type of game.

Crash 25th anniversary is approaching and it seems something might be cooking. At the same time we hear that Activision is using their (smaller) studios as CoD support, so it's hard to tell.

cormack12

Gold Member
Not Crash 5, that's to early but there has been hints about something called 'Wumpa League'. My best guess is that it would be a Crash Bash-type of game.

Crash 25th anniversary is approaching and it seems something might be cooking. At the same time we hear that Activision is using their (smaller) studios as CoD support, so it's hard to tell.

Crash bash was fucking awesome. I remember playing that with my bird back in the day. Man, the beatings I gave her when she fucked up.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
But if they reboot Saint's Row... and remove all the jank from first game.. there will be nothing left :p
btw - I love it. I have 3 copies and framed one for my friend for his birthday :p

We tried to finish it many times... only to fail due to how janky it is (and incredible because of that). In comparison, edf 2017 is not that janky :p
qygsO92.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom