• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamescom Awards 2022

Wohc

Banned
https://www.gamescom.global/en/gamescom/gamescom-award

• Most Wanted Sony PlayStation Game: Lies of P
  • Most Wanted Microsoft Xbox Game: The Last Case of Benedict Fox
  • Most Wanted Nintendo Switch Game: Tin Hearts
  • Most Wanted PC Game: Metal: Hellsinger
  • Best Ongoing Game: Sea of Thieves
  • Best Role Playing Game: Lies of P
  • Best Action Adventure Game: Lies of P
  • Best Action Game: Metal: Hellsinger
  • Best Family Game: Paper Trail
  • Best Indie Game: Inkulinati
  • Best Multiplayer Game: Warhammer 40.000: Darktide
  • Best Sports Game: AEW: Fight Forever
  • Best Strategy/Simulation Game: IXION
  • Most Original Game: Inkulinati
  • Best Booth: Bandai Namco Entertainment
  • Best Trailer: Hogwarts Legacy
  • Gamescom goes green Award: Ukie
  • Best Lineup: PLAION
  • HEART OF GAMING Award: Game Industry Solidarity Campaigns for Ukraine​

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
lies-of-pd6ff4.jpg

Has lies of P released that it is getting a nominations for best action adventure game or is this some troll thread?

Edit: yeah just a joke thread.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
What the fuck even is Lies of P? Never heard of that one.

edit: wait is that the Pinoccio game? Wow. That gameplay looks pretty neat, not gonna lie.

Last edited:

Wohc

Banned
Has lies of P released that it is getting a nominations for best action adventure game or is this some troll thread?

Edit: yeah just a joke thread.
It's neither a troll thread nor a joke thread. Just the Gamescom results, but you could have found out yourself by silmply clicking the link leading to the Gamscom website.

Last edited:
It's neither a troll thread nor a joke thread. Just the Gamescom results, but you could have found out yourself by silmply clicking the link leading to the Gamscom website.
You are right I read your post but somehow missed the link... But in the end it's a big joke that a game that has not been released to get nominations for the best action adventure.

consoul

"the jury includes representatives of ... media and social media companies, industry representatives, representatives of gaming communities, testers from the German Entertainment Software Self-Regulation Body (USK), and journalists."

Nobody could possibly question the integrity of such a group. No chance of the jury being biased or straight up bought.

Wohc

Banned
You are right I read your post but somehow missed the link... But in the end it's a big joke that a game that has not been released to get nominations for the best action adventure.
As far as i know they only nominated games that were shown or playable at the show. It's up to you how you think about it. To me all the awards are a joke, but still somehow interesting.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
No awards for The Callisto Protocol or Atomic Heart?

Only games which were present on the show floor were eligible for awards.

Calisto was only shown as footage, it wasn't available on floor. Same for Atmoic Heart I bet.

• Most Wanted Sony PlayStation Game: Lies of P
  • Most Wanted Microsoft Xbox Game: The Last Case of Benedict Fox

Both day 1 game pass games, noice.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Lies of P was the game of the show. Looks absolutely amazing. Going to scratch that Bloodborne itch I've been craving for.

Haggard

Banned
Well, that's the awards of a show that 2 3rds of the industry didn't consider worth showing up for.
Crap, as expected.

Top Bottom