• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamesindustry.biz: Nintnedo is actively adding to its roster of indepependent development partners

Woopah

This news comes from an interesting piece by Chris Dring on what Nintnedo needs to do to grow with the Switch 2.

Most of it is just his opinion, but he also reveals that he knows Nintnedo is deep in conversation with multiple independenet studios, who they havn't worked with before:

I also know that Nintendo is actively meeting with independent developers to find new partners. Some of that is around publishing indie games, which Nintendo does from time-to-time, but it's also seeking studios that could work on some of its IP. Nintendo regularly works with third-party teams, including Bandai Namco, Team Ninja, Platinum Games, MercurySteam, WayForward and Grezzo. But the company is looking to add to that roster, and I know of three studios that are deep in conversation around making games based on Nintendo brands.

My personal hope for this is that several of these stuidos are in Europe or North America. Expanding their roster of independenet development parnters is something Nintendo has done well at in the past decade, but pretty much all of them were in Japan. Collaborating with more Western studios would help diversify them more.

Source: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/how-can-nintendo-switch-2-surpass-its-predecessor-opinion

Top Bottom