• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameSpot: 10 Best Open World Shooters To Play Right Now

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Get excited for next year when open-world games like The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, Dead Island 2, Cyberpunk 2077 DLC, and Starfield release with expected updates on future projects like Witcher 4 and Death Stranding 2.

When done well, open-world games provide us with incredible worlds to explore and get lost in. Over the years, we’ve seen titans like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Skyrim lead the way and some disastrous launches followed by incredible redemption stories from games like Cyberpunk 2077. So it’s time to get excited for video games coming out in 2023 and announcements to keep an eye on for 2024 and beyond.

In this video, we’re diving into what we know about The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, Final Fantasy XVI, Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty DLC, Cyberpunk Orion, The Witcher 4, Dead Island 2, Forspoken, Skull and Bones, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, Marvel’s Spider-Man 2, Redfall, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl, Starfield, Avowed, The Elder Scrolls 6, DokeV, Crimson Desert, Atomic Heart, Rise of the Ronin, Death Stranding 2, Contraband, Dragon’s Dogma 2, and Dragon Age: Dreadwolf. Some of these titles are ongoing projects, such as how Bethesda will need to ship Starfield before it can get to a sequel in the Elder Scrolls series. Other titles like Death Stranding 2 were just announced at The Game Awards by Hideo Kojima.

These games will cover all major platforms, including PC, Xbox Series X|S, PS5, and PlayStation 4. Some of these games, however, are moving away from last-gen, such as the Cyberpunk 2077 DLC, and it’s unclear if this will become a trend moving forward.

00:00 - Intro
00:17 - The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
00:34 - Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League
00:59 - Final Fantasy XVI
01:28 - Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty DLC & Cyberpunk Orion
02:29 - Witcher 4
03:10 - Dead Island 2
03:34 - Forspoken
03:57 - Skull and Bones
04:18 - Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora
04:37 - Marvel’s Spider-Man 2
04:58 - Redfall
05:19 - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl
05:40 - Starfield
06:01 - Avowed
06:18 - The Elder Scrolls 6
06:51 - DokeV
07:06 - Crimson Desert
07:25 - Atomic Heart
07:45 - Rise of the Ronin
08:06 - Death Stranding 2
08:32 - Contraband
08:47 - Dragon’s Dogma 2
09:08 - Dragon Age: Dreadwolf
09:40 - Fable

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Cyberpunk2077 and RDR2 aren't shooters.
Based on your build it absolutely can play like a shooter.

For me on my first playthrough was mostly focused on melee with mantis blades and on my 2nd playthrough I solely focus on quickhacks.

sainraja

What the hell is this list?

Does Destiny 2 not qualify as an open world shooter? Where is Dying Light? Star Citizen's inclusion is... a choice.

However, I do agree with Halo Infinite not being on the list. So, there's that.
^^ This.

Top Bottom