• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameSpot: 15 Best Switch Exclusives To Play Right Now

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Whether you're an existing Switch owner looking to complete your collection, or someone new to the Switch family looking for where to start, look no further: we put together a list of the 15 of the best Switch Exclusives.

TIME STAMPS:
00:00 - Intro
00:21 - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
01:05 - Super Mario Odyssey
01:50 - Fire Emblem: Three Houses
02:26 - Luigi's Mansion 3
03:06 - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
03:42 - Super Mario Maker 2
04:10 - Paradise Killer
04:46 - Pokémon Sword & Shield
05:08 - Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
05:35 - Bowser's Fury
06:13 - Animal Crossing: New Horizons
06:44 - Monster Hunter Rise
07:14 - Clubhouse Games
07:45 - Splatoon 2
08:45 - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Urban

You know? I grew up with Nintendo and i love the time i had with my nes,snes and n64 but the only game on that list which i played and loved is Odyssey. The rest of the list doesnt speak to me.

btw yes i played BotW and i didnt like it. Its the only Zelda which i didnt finish.

jaysius

Banned
This is most of Nintendo's 1st party retail releases for the Switch... god damn Nintendo makes it so fucking hard to love the Switch. RELASE MORE CONTENT FASTER!

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
  1. Astral Chain
  2. Bayonetta 1 + 2
  3. Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing In Disguise
  4. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  5. Metroid Dread
  6. No More Heroes III
  7. Tetris 99
  8. Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore
That's all a Switch owner needs.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

From Monster Hunter Rise to Metroid Dread, the Nintendo Switch had another great year filled with excellent exclusives.

The Nintendo Switch may have been the old guy in the room this year when compared to the PS5 and Xbox Series X, but the Switch arguably stole the show when it came to exclusive games in 2021. The Switch is approaching its fifth birthday, and Nintendo has shown no signs of slowing down on its avalanche of games you can only play on the hybrid console.

Given all of the standout exclusives that landed on Switch this year, it was difficult to whittle down the list to the best of the best, but that's exactly what we've done here. Here are our picks for the five best Nintendo Switch exclusives of 2021.

Timestamps:
Metroid Dread - 00:38
Monster Hunter Rise - 02:12
New Pokémon Snap - 03:54
Shin Megami Tensei V - 05:27
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - 07:12

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
  1. Astral Chain
  2. Bayonetta 1 + 2
  3. Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing In Disguise
  4. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  5. Metroid Dread
  6. No More Heroes III
  7. Tetris 99
  8. Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore
That's all a Switch owner needs.
No SMTV but you put TMS#FE instead?
giphy.gif

mcjmetroid

I mean Pokémon sword and shield being there really discredits most Nintendo lists.

Just because it's Pokémon... Doesn't mean it should be on the list.

There are far far far better games not on that list that are exclusives.

Hell even SMTV shows what a monster collecting rpg game with ambition looks like on the same platform

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
They've both been doing it long enough to stay ahead of the curve in gaming.
SMT has few things that give them more advantage over Pokémon, one is SMT series are not made to appeal to everyone so they are free to push back with difficulty and having more unique Monster/Demon designs. Another one is unlike Pokémon they never made the promise every Demon will make appearance in each entry, some will make comeback and some won’t.

mcjmetroid

SMT has few things that give them more advantage over Pokémon, one is SMT series are not made to appeal to everyone so they are free to push back with difficulty and having more unique Monster/Demon designs. Another one is unlike Pokémon they never made the promise every Demon will make appearance in each entry, some will make comeback and some won’t.
See here's the thing about the difficulty. The original Pokemon games were extremely cryptic and difficult if you didn't know what you were doing. What kind of an RPG would punish you for picking a Fire class starter when your first 2 boss battles are against opponents that will destroy you. The games were still easy but very hard when you didn't know what was going on and those were the games that blew up in popularilty. Pokemon would not reduce in popularity if they made the games more difficult, quite the opposite I think.

Another thing is Atlus do not have is anywhere near the budget or funds that the Pokemon company has ( Though I'm willing to bet that SMTV cost more to make than Sword and Shield) so Pokemon would have the ability to implement all Pokemon in the games but if they didn't want to implement the Pokemon they needed a strong showcase that proved it would be better if they didn't......so they ended up releasing a game with cut Pokemon with crap animations from models I think people proved that were created for a 3DS game previously.

Ya.. let's see how this open world game goes for them, At least there's a smell of ambition off it but It looks very bad so far lol but let's give it a chance

Last edited:

Woopah

See here's the thing about the difficulty. The original Pokemon games were extremely cryptic and difficult if you didn't know what you were doing. What kind of an RPG would punish you for picking a Fire class starter when your first 2 boss battles are against opponents that will destroy you. The games were still easy but very hard when you didn't know what was going on and those were the games that blew up in popularilty. Pokemon would not reduce in popularity if they made the games more difficult, quite the opposite I think.

Another thing is Atlus do not have is anywhere near the budget or funds that the Pokemon company has ( Though I'm willing to bet that SMTV cost more to make than Sword and Shield) so Pokemon would have the ability to implement all Pokemon in the games but if they didn't want to implement the Pokemon they needed a strong showcase that proved it would be better if they didn't......so they ended up releasing a game with cut Pokemon with crap animations from models I think people proved that were created for a 3DS game previously.

Ya.. let's see how this open world game goes for them, At least there's a smell of ambition off it but It looks very bad so far lol but let's give it a chance
I think GameFreak has really struggled with the jump from 3DS to Switch. Most of Nintendo's teams/partners got some development experience with the Wii U but they did not. It's reminding of when the rest of the Japanese industry went through these struggles (such as the infamous "HD towns are hard" comment from SE.)

Of course none of this is an excuse for poor gameplay, so hopefully Arceus nails it in that area.

Last edited:
Top Bottom