• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameSpot: The 10 Best Pokémon Games

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Pokemon is one Nintendo's most successful franchises. To date, we've seen Pokemon Anime, Pokemon Trading Cards, Pokemon merchandise, and more. Not only that - but several Pokemon spin-off games. But, what are the best Pokemon Games? Dave takes a look back at his 10 Best Pokemon Games to Play.

Timestamps:

Pokémon Red and Blue - 00:30
Pokémon Snap - 02:32
Pokémon Go - 03:46
Pokémon Gold and Silver - 04:59
Pokkén Tournament DX - 06:42
Pokémon X and Y - 07:53
Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire - 08:38
Pokémon Sun and Moon - 09:18
Pokémon Black and White - 10:18
Pokémon Diamond and Pearl - 11:26

Soltype

Gold and Silver is my number one, the amount of stuff they added was unreal coming off red/blue. It's easily one the best sequels ever made.From my understanding, game freak thought gold/silver would be the final Pokemon game, so they did as much as they could.

I loved Gold/ silver as a kid. As well as yellow. Stopped playing for years and got into Pokémon again as a young adult. Went back and played the ones I missed like black/ white, platinum, and oras.

It’s hard to remember them so idk if I could have a top list.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I never once played Pokémon in my entire gaming life, the only game I played that has capturing monster mechanics is MegaTen games.

But I’m gussied the way you interact and use Pokémon must be vastly different than Demons in MegaTen games.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Only good Pokemon games are Red/Blue and Gold/Silver.

Gold/Silver was perfection. Pokemon games just went downhill after that.

Only thing good that might come out of it is the occasional music track.

Man how I wish they made a Pokemon game where I could be a Team Rocket Grunt and work my way up to Executive. Then again there is SMT where I can be just that.

Last edited:

Artistic

Pokemon Gold and Leaf Green are my favorites.

Stopped watching Pokemon/playing Pokemon games past the 3rd gen of Pokemon.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
I never once played Pokémon in my entire gaming life
DazzlingFrailChimpanzee-size_restricted.gif

Saber

Gold Member
Gold & Silver along side Black & White are the best pokemon games ever made.

Gold Silver the guy behind saw opportunity to do more than otherwise people were capable of.

And Black White is a trully a fresh start with no intrusion of old pokemons during the entire main game.

Btw people, pokemon fans are on extremelly dangerous levels of copium and hopium with recent remakes leaks, which to surprise to no one are really really terrible(like, imcomplete game, 32x Doom level of music, no intros, no post-game, etc). I'm just laughing my ass of the mental gynastics excuses they make.

Last edited:

GametimeUK

I feel like I'm crazy sometimes for absolutely loving Pokémon Colosseum on the GameCube. I include it in my top Pokémon games and really appreciated the fact it was a game that did something different at a time Pokémon was becoming stale to me.

Artistic

Does any other Pokemon game have the amount of content Gold/Silver had? That's a big reason it's my favorite. 16 gyms was huge.

Last edited:

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
It's a good RPG, but it's not really my cup of tea. I guess maybe if my friends were into it I would too, but they weren't.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

From Mew almost never existing, to Satoru Iwata adding in Gen 2's most beloved feature, here are 10 things you might not know about the Pokémon franchise.

Pokémon has had plenty of fun stories and interesting tidbits throughout its lifetime. The historic franchise has been going strong for over 25 years. With that longevity comes iconic glitches, bugs, and playground stories of secret Pokémon embedded in-game codes. We break down a small handful of things that you may not know about Pokémon in this video.

The stories range wildly, from the fact that Nintendo had no idea Mew even existed to late president Satoru Iwata being an absolute legend with his assistance on compressing data in Gold and Silver. There are dozens of Easter eggs and fun trivia-style facts about Pokémon.

Pokémon Legends: Arceus will be the latest entry in the Pokémon franchise and arguably one of the most anticipated games in 2022.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

From humble beginnings on the GameBoy with Pokemon Red, Blue, and Green, to 3D entries like Pokemon Sword and Shield, we’ve been addicted to catching, battling, breeding, and caring for Pokémon for more than 25 years. With the launch of Pokémon Legends: Arceus, we decided to go back and chart the history of the mainline Pokémon games.

In this video, we chart the history of the mainline Pokémon games, starting back in the 90s to explore where its creator Satoshi Tajiri got the idea for pocket monsters, to the small team that brought them to life on the GameBoy. The games exploded in popularity because trade between the two versions was required to catch 'em all, and after the trading card game and TV show, Pokémon became the juggernaut we know today.

With multiple mainline entries, from 2D to 3D titles, spin-offs, mobile games like Pokémon Go, and now the latest game, Pokémon Legends: Arceus, these cute monsters show no sign of slowing down.

00:19 - 1996: Pokémon Red, Green, and Blue
04:00 - 1998: Pokémon Yellow
04:47 - 1999: Pokémon Gold and Silver
06:09 - 2000: Pokémon Crystal
06:43 - 2002: Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire
07:57 - 2004: Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen
08:26 - 2004: Pokémon Emerald
08:54 - 2006: Pokémon Diamond and Pearl
09:34 - 2008: Pokémon Platinum
09:50 - 2009: Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver
10:21 - 2010: Pokémon Black and White
11:02 - 2012: Pokémon Black 2 and White 2
11:43 - 2013: Pokémon X & Y
13:04 - 2014: Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
13:36 - 2016: Pokémon Sun and Moon
14:03 - 2017: Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon
14:29 - 2018: Pokémon Let’s Go, Pikachu! And Let’s Go, Eevee!
15:21 - 2019: Pokémon Sword and Shield
16:23 - 2021: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl
16:41 - 2022: Pokémon Legends: Arceus

Last edited:
Top Bottom