• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameSpot: The History Of Five Nights At Freddy's

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Love it or loathe it, there’s no denying that Five Nights at Freddy’s, or FNaF, is a global sensation. But how did this horror game about creepy animatronic animals get so many sequels, books, fan theories, and even a movie? This is the History of Five Nights At Freddy’s.

Timestamps:
0:00 - Introduction
0:25 - Chipper and Sons Lumber Co
1:25 - Five Nights at Freddy's (2014)
3:50 - Five Nights at Freddy's 2 (2014)
5:55 - Five Nights at Freddy's 3 (2015)
7:58 - Five Nights at Freddy's 4 (2015)
9:30 - Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location (2016)
10:19 - Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator (2017)
10:48 - Five Nights at Freddy's: Help Wanted (2019)
11:52 - Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach (2021)

Five Nights at Freddy's started life as a terrifying indie game made by a one-man development team and exploded in popularity when its jumpscares and creepy animatronics became perfect YouTube let's play fodder. Over time, FNaF has become a colossal franchise, with multiple sequels, spin-offs, books, and even a movie.

In the above video, we chronicle the history of the mainline FNaF games, starting with Chipper & Sons Lumber Co, an indie game that got ripped apart by critics but eventually led to creator Scott Cawthon making something even scarier. Cawthon's new project was Five Nights at Freddy's, a relatively straightforward horror game where you play as a nighttime security guard at a Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria, a family-friendly pizza spot haunted by broken and dangerous animatronics. Thanks to its cheap price point, dark lore, and scares, it skyrocketed in popularity, and Cawthon released many sequels in quick succession. This is the story of the entire franchise, from inception to what it is today.

LMJ

Freddy's concept sounded like my dream game coming true, a haunted theme park done competently,/Pizzeria sadly I never could get into its gameplay Loop.

However, with security breach for the first time I'm seeing a game that I really want to play with a great deal of attention to lure and love for fans and it's actually making me consider giving the other games a try LOL

Genuinely creepy moments, excellent jump-scares abound the open Nature that allows you to go basically any direction you want to within limits and most importantly a huge and brilliantly designed theme park / Pizzeria

I'm just waiting for news on
A. Whether or not the PlayStation 4 version be upgraded to the PS5

B. if it can run somewhat competently on the old machine

Last edited:

Editaur

Never really got into FNAF but Security Breach might be my sleeper hit of the year.

Felt satisfying after not getting an alien isolation sequel.

Top Bottom