• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameSpot: Why LMG and Sniper Rifles Usually Suck In Call Of Duty & FPS Games

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
For balance reasons it makes sense. You can't just have certain guns give you an advantage even if in real life they would.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

From Call of Duty and Battlefield, to Rambo and Commando, the machine gun has long been an iconic entry to the most blockbuster action movie, and an essential part of any video game arsenal for decades. But as games have advanced, the LMG can sometimes feel like it’s been left behind. So what is the virtual legacy of the LMG, and why does it so often feel more like a souped up assault rifle, than a belt-fed banger?

In this episode of Loadout, Dave Jewitt visits the Royal Armouries to talk to Keeper of Firearms & Artillery Jonathan Ferguson to break down the origins and impact of the Light Machine Gun, and find out why games keep getting the LMG so wrong.

Deerock71

1280x720.jpg
Most hilarious weapon evar!

COD 4: Modern Warfare probably had my favourite LMG's and Sniper Rifles. RPD and M249 SAW were both pretty good, fun weapons to use. Loved the M40A3 for Sniping, 50 Cal was fun too. Only time I can remember using everything.

Last edited:

Matt_Fox

LMG mounted on deployable cover is my fave playstyle.

It's sort of the opposite to sniper camping - you shoot a lot of rounds and make a lot of noise and bring the opposition to you like bees to honey.

You always die but typically shred a whole bunch of fools before someone takes you out. Great fun!

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I really tried giving that a go. But man, I couldn't do squat. Every single time I got to a battle area and started aiming down my sights - BOOM, I'm dead.
Its a brutal game to pick up especially venturing in solo but when you get a group working together on mics its a very rewarding game

Top Bottom