• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot's Rainbow Six 3 (GC) review

ruffles

http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/rainbowsix3/review.html

"Partly due to its lack of online play features and partly because it was released so much later than its counterparts, this particular version of Rainbow Six 3 is really only suitable for those who only have access to a GameCube and want a military-themed shooter. On its own merits, though, the GameCube version of Rainbow Six 3 certainly isn't bad, and it occasionally delivers some exciting and visceral shooting action."

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
quadriplegicjon said:
so now they are deducting points for a late port?

the gc cant get a break .

To be fair, having online play does add something to the game. How much it adds depends on the person. It wouldn't be right for them to give a non-online version the same score as an online version.

Alcibiades

I'm sure when reviewers finally agree with Nintendo business decisions having nothing to do with the game or gameplay, the average score for a GCN game will go up .5, so that should make up some of the points lost for being released after other versions...

Slo

I think it's fair. If you port a 2 year old game and strip it of half it's features.....what kind of score would you expect?

ge-man

Nothing wrong with the score. Everything that made the game interesting was dropped. I don't think too many gamers are going to shed a tear considering the game has been out for so long on other platforms.

ChrisReid

Slo said:
I think it's fair. If you port a 2 year old game and strip it of half it's features.....what kind of score would you expect?

The XBox Rainbow Six 3 came out about 8 months ago. PC version just over a year ago.

epmode

the sequel to this game comes out in two months. why did they even bother?

ubisoft's gamecube support has been nothing more than a cruel joke.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
i just dont understand ubi softs thinking with some of these ports.. its as if they dont want them to sell.. they must love wasting money.

Slo

ChrisReid said:
The XBox Rainbow Six 3 came out about 8 months ago. PC version just over a year ago.

Okay, then adjust for over a year old game. PC Gamer only gave it a 80% when it was brand new. It's re-released over a year later without online play and the score only drops to 69%? Still seems fair to me.

Redbeard

Banned
quadriplegicjon said:
i just dont understand ubi softs thinking with some of these ports.. its as if they dont want them to sell.. they must love wasting money.

Devoting a lot of resources to a Cube port of this game would be a waste of money.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Redbeard said:
Devoting a lot of resources to a Cube port of this game would be a waste of money.

at such a late release.. yeah.. but it could have gotten decent sales if it came out (at least) with the ps2 version.. they arent even promoting the cube version.

epmode

shpankey said:
I'm talking about from the Xbox version.
you mean the leaning "glitch"? i doubt they did anything about it in the cube port, but according to ign, it's fixed in black arrow.

Top Bottom