• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop giving $175 in trade for PS3/360 toward a PS4+1yr PSPlus is Pro Member

Krakn3Dfx

928x260_PS4_trade_v2.jpg

Stolen from Slickdeals, a pretty good followup to last week's deal, traded in a 160GB PS3 today (1 of 3 that I own), got $175 in credit towards a new PS4 TLOU:Remastered bundle. I had $132 in Gamestop credit leftover from last week's escapades, so I put that towards it as well, so I ended up paying a little under $92 out of pocket when all was said and done.

Also, if you're a Pro Rewards member, in the phone app, there's a coupon for a free year of PS Plus for buying a PS4.

Pretty good deal if you have a 120GB PS3 or 250GB Xbox 360 that you want to make more than market value on towards a new PS4 pickup.

Added from Geneijen's post, thanks!
LEGAL - PS3 / XBOX 360 TRADE TOWARD NEW PS4 SYSTEM

Credit must be applied toward the purchase of a new PS4. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 3/16/15 through 4/5/15

MrDaravon

CAG is saying that the 1 year of PS+ with the current Pro Rewards member deal doesn't work with this. Still a pretty good deal regardless though.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
That's a slick deal - last E3 the deal was for $150 and didn't include the year of PS+. You could probably pick up a used console for $90 elsewhere and flip it back to them for basically $85 off on the PS4. This is assuming you're a cheap ass gamer.

kyser73

March NPD in the bag for Sony then. Didn't they have a similar trade-in deal last month with another retailer? Keeping those off-peak season deals in, steady flow of sales.

Krakn3Dfx

CAG is saying that the 1 year of PS+ with the current Pro Rewards member deal doesn't work with this. Still a pretty good deal regardless though.

Stacked for me fine, he had to scan the barcode in my Gamestop app tho before doing the PS3 trade-in scan.

When does this end? Might just get rid of it this weekend.

I think these usually go Sunday-Saturday, but there's nothing on the page on Gamestop's site that I can find that gives exact dates.

Crazy thing was, the PS3 scanned for $46 before he scanned the deal code. Jesus.

Boke1879

March NPD in the bag for Sony then. Didn't they have a similar trade-in deal last month with another retailer? Keeping those off-peak season deals in, steady flow of sales.

Pretty much. With Bloodborne, Type-0 with FFXV demo and this deal? I think Sony will see a good NPD for March.

Want to do this deal bad but I still play some goat ps3 games like U2, rdr and dark souls 1 and 2 from time to time...

Just checked SD and you can get this 360 for $80+ tax and trade it in.

Gusto

Question: I have 5 Xbox 360's, can I trade in 3 of them on different days for the same credit? I don't want GS to tell me that it's only 1 console per customer.

Question: I have 5 Xbox 360's, can I trade in 3 of them on different days for the same credit? I don't want GS to tell me that it's only 1 console per customer.

Usually you'd have to apply the credit at that moment to the sale of the console. So would have to trade them all in at the same time, which i'm sure its a one console at that price type thing. They will take the other two, but probably at normal rate. Never hurts to ask though....

But I am fairly certain you only get the $175 credit at time of trade in and purchase. Like you won't get $175 till the trade in, and PS4 are on the same sale screen.

Gusto

Usually you'd have to apply the credit at that moment to the sale of the console. So would have to trade them all in at the same time, which i'm sure its a one console at that price type thing. They will take the other two, but probably at normal rate. Never hurts to ask though....

But I am fairly certain you only get the $175 credit at time of trade in and purchase. Like you won't get $175 till the trade in, and PS4 are on the same sale screen.

Ugh, not sure what to do then. Was thinking of getting my brother a PS4 to play with my kids since he lives in a different city.

Blader

Almost had a heart attack before I read 360s had to be 250gb and up...I just traded my (broken) near-launch model a couple weeks ago for about $150 less than that :lol

Geneijin

Bumping this because I was about to create a thread for this if it didn't exist already.

Edit:

When does this end? Might just get rid of it this weekend.
I think these usually go Sunday-Saturday, but there's nothing on the page on Gamestop's site that I can find that gives exact dates.

LEGAL - PS3 / XBOX 360 TRADE TOWARD NEW PS4 SYSTEM

Credit must be applied toward the purchase of a new PS4. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 3/16/15 through 4/5/15

Geneijin

Ugh, not sure what to do then. Was thinking of getting my brother a PS4 to play with my kids since he lives in a different city.
Honestly, ask the manager of the store and see if he's flexible. Trades are subject to manager approval, and managers have the authority to provide exemptions. But I'm absolutely certain they won't take all 3 for that much. The manager would probably accept 2 at most for $175 credit each if they're extremely nice. I hear better success stories of getting a PS3 and 360 accepted for those amounts during such promos.

Nyoro SF

Almost had a heart attack before I read 360s had to be 250gb and up...I just traded my (broken) near-launch model a couple weeks ago for about $150 less than that :lol

Yeah same here, I sold my old 60GB on the cheap and I was like WHAT, but close call averted lol

Blader

They take broken 360s? I didn't know that.
They can either ring up as a defective model for $18, or ring it up as regular for 25 then subtract 14 as a refurbishing fee, which is what happened to me. I would've made a bigger deal of it, but with the 50 percent bonus, I was only losing like 4 bucks and wasn't worth the continued hassle.

probably gonna put my ps3 towards this so i can play bloodborne. any good deals on that game? i know when you sign up for PUR you get a buy 2 get 1 free coupon, but i can't think of anything else i really need to play on ps4 lol (already have a gaming pc). sounds like the best deal for the ps3 that's gonna come around

Reule

Do you think it's possible to do both a PS3 and a 360 toward one PS4 on this deal? Friend has both and is hoping to do this tomorrow. He called to ask about doing it and it seems like he could but they were a bit wishy-washy. They also didn't even know what the deal was initially. Just wondering if anyone has tried it or read it's possible.

I read on the Slickdeals thread about a GameStop straight up just giving store credit for the trade.

The TLOU bundle is the one that's out right now, right? Is it digital voucher only or does it come with a physical copy? Probably going to be his only game till Bloodborne.

Geneijin

probably gonna put my ps3 towards this so i can play bloodborne. any good deals on that game? i know when you sign up for PUR you get a buy 2 get 1 free coupon, but i can't think of anything else i really need to play on ps4 lol (already have a gaming pc). sounds like the best deal for the ps3 that's gonna come around
Target's supposedly doing Bloodborne for $15 off if you buy a $20 PSN card next week...

Do you think it's possible to do both a PS3 and a 360 toward one PS4 on this deal? Friend has both and is hoping to do this tomorrow. He called to ask about doing it and it seems like he could but they were a bit wishy-washy. They also didn't even know what the deal was initially. Just wondering if anyone has tried it or read it's possible.
YMMV

I read on the Slickdeals thread about a GameStop straight up just giving store credit for the trade.
Those are people doing a trade and then a return at a different store usually.

The TLOU bundle is the one that's out right now, right? Is it digital voucher only or does it come with a physical copy? Probably going to be his only game till Bloodborne.
Yes. Digital copy.

Also, don't forget about the free 1-yr PS+ as a PUR Pro member.

https://www.gamestop.com/PowerUpRewards/PUR/Index/ProExclusives

cowboom has consoles for $229 today i heard, but i think i'm still gonna go with the GS one since i'd have to buy a controller anyway and used first gen electronics scare me (although they do offer warrenties) and since i beat demon souls nothing really brings me back to ps3 personally

did you guys flash your ps3 hard drives or does gamestop do that for you corporate policy?

I'll delete my profile but i'm a little hesitant to reformat just in case they end up not taking it for a random reason

did you guys flash your ps3 hard drives or does gamestop do that for you corporate policy?

I'll delete my profile but i'm a little hesitant to reformat just in case they end up not taking it for a random reason

I formatted, and if your disk is big it will take a while. It took 9 hours with a 160GB.
If you call them ahead of time and make sure they're doing the deal, it shouldn't be a problem, I would think.

Cowboom right now is having some amazing deals on used PS3/Xbox 360 consoles.

Coupon X36032615 for 360s bring it down to $80+tax.

Coupon PS3S32615 for PS3s bring it down to $100+tax.

Bought one of each to trade in at Gamestop for the $175 per system credit towards a new PS4. It's the only way I can think of to get a new PS4 and hope to enjoy Bloodborne real soon.

Top Bottom