• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming cliffhangers that never had a resolution

I didn't mind all the clunkiness of this one, but I did mind the cliffhanger since I knew that they're not gonna get a sequel greenlit lol:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Half Life 2: Episode Two

ci3OGZ0.jpg

Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy. I just wanted more of that excellent psychic gameplay. I haven't played a game that made slamming people into walls with psychic powers feel so good. Other games have tried to emulate the system (Force Unleashed for example) but it just lacks the weighty impact that Psi-Ops' powers had. I just wanted more.

Roxkis_ii

Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy. I just wanted more of that excellent psychic gameplay. I haven't played a game that made slamming people into walls with psychic powers feel so good. Other games have tried to emulate the system (Force Unleashed for example) but it just lacks the weighty impact that Psi-Ops' powers had. I just wanted more.
Man, I used to love that Cold song playing during commercials for that game!

With my mind! With my miiiiinndd!

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Not a total cliffhanger as Axelay 1 finished as usual beating the final boss. But when you get this message at the end of the hardest difficulty it sure sucked since I dont think Komani even started work on a sequel. Never knew till the internet age that a lot of the employees left to form Treasure
EMAcPJYXUAAWkoS.jpg

skit_data

I remember I completed it on pc but can't really recall if the ending was a cliffhanger... Good game - for the time...
Yeah I played on PC as well. I remember really liking it until it suddenly ended and it left a sour taste in my mouth because it was never resolved. It felt like they were planning a sequel but simply didn’t do a proper follow up.

Majormaxxx

Yeah I played on PC as well. I remember really liking it until it suddenly ended and it left a sour taste in my mouth because it was never resolved. It felt like they were planning a sequel but simply didn’t do a proper follow up.
Oh... Bummer... The only thing I remember is it got weird towards the end.

Naked Lunch

Bionic Commando (PS/360 reboot version)
Had a completely absurd cliffhanger ending - but it seems the story bits in game were rushed. Preorders of the game shipped with a very well done prequel comicbook with a surprisingly awesome storyline. Even referencing other Capcom characters like the Mercs.

Bionic Commando is still one of the most underrated games of all time.

RCU005

Kingdom Hearts!
I mean, we all know we will never get to know the resolution of any of the many current plot points since it's taking forever to release a game and Nomura keeps adding more to it, among other things.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Shenmue 2, shame a 3, 4, 5, 6 or whatever it was gonna take to finish the story was never ever ever ever made and never will be, ever.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
One of the more recent examples is Days Gone since I doubt they'll ever make a sequel or at least doubt Sony will ever give them the all-clear. :( Fucking shame.

Top Bottom