• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming opinions that are comedic

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Also:

“Western reviewers hate JRPGs”

“Western reviewers hate turn based JRPGs”

“Any day now they’re gonna stop making turn based JRPGs in order to appease the western audience”

“We should buy JRPGs even if they suck because we want to encourage them to make/localize more JRPGs”

“Turn based JRPGs are strategic”

John C Reilly Seriously GIF

c5vtIzT.png

C6RSltR.png

Fuz

Banned
Also:

“Western reviewers hate JRPGs”

“Western reviewers hate turn based JRPGs”

“Any day now they’re gonna stop making turn based JRPGs in order to appease the western audience”

“We should buy JRPGs even if they suck because we want to encourage them to make/localize more JRPGs”
It almost feels like you might possibly have a bone to pick with JRPGs.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
This scene is perfectly fine and if you think it’s retarded, that’s just proof that it went over your head

It almost feels like you might possibly have a bone to pick with JRPGs.
Nah, I’ve just been a part of that community for so long and find some of those people to be insufferable. Either the genre is being unjustly persecuted and is on the brink of extinction, or else it’s on the cusp of some renaissance and the second coming of 90s Squaresoft. Sometimes at the same time.

Single player games are dying.

We believe in generations.

Action games with number popping up above the enemies heads are still RPG’s.

Gamepass is not affecting XBOX software sales.

Gaming has never been better.

Good writing is arguably the most important aspect of “interactive” video games.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
GTA IV gives us characters and a world with a level of depth previously unseen in gaming and elevates its story from a mere shoot-em-up to an Oscar-caliber drama. Every facet of Rockstar's new masterpiece is worthy of applause.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Gamer A: That console or sub plan sucks. It's got no games

Gamer B: Really? You cant find one good game to play among the 500 games?

Gamer A: Nope. None of them interest me

------------------------------------------------------------

Gamers in 2013: Discs rule. Digital downloads are dumb for lots of reasons. Don't want consoles to be like PC Steam

Gamers in 2022: Digital game sales on console are about 75% and inching up every year

Last edited:

Rykan

This scene is perfectly fine and if you think it’s retarded, that’s just proof that it went over your head

But it did go over your head. You unironically thought that this was the intent of the cutscene:
“Dude intentionally makes a fool of himself in public to try and make his girlfriend laugh”
I applaud your commitment to factually wrong takes, though.

Last edited:

H4ze

I knew it s soon as I read the thread title, that this will be full of personal opinions and a lot of salt xD never change GAF.

btt: "We will never use Steam, fuck Half-Life 2!"

nkarafo

Sony's opinion back on sharing PS4 games was really amusing. But now the arrogant Sony is back with PS5,lol.

These instructions are wrong. The first guy has to let go of the game after the second guy grabs it.

Gamers in 2013: Discs rule. Digital downloads are dumb for lots of reasons. Don't want consoles to be like PC Steam

Gamers in 2022: Digital game sales on console are about 75% and inching up every year

Also console gamers in the past: Console games have no game breaking bugs, they need no patches or updates, no installs, etc. Just plug and play.

Console gamers today: This is fine.

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
Not so much an opinion but it's funny to see everyone (rightly) pile on Jim Ryan (for stuff like PS5 price increases or being a slimey shit with "we believe in generations", only to release a bunch of cross-gen bollocks) with only one or two people defending him, versus everyone piling on Phil Spencer (for stuff like the Halo Infinite bollocks) and then the same old crew coming out out of their locust horde hive to take a bullet for him. In fact, if one of that crew responds to this then I'm correct.
Come On GIF by HBO Max

Last edited:

Jennings

"It's just a game."
"If you don't like something about it then just don't play it."
"The game is bad unless the character and their actions/dialogue/opinions are a facsimile of me and mine."
"Story can make up for weak gameplay."

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Last edited:

Guilty_AI

writing in video games can compete with films and books.
You mean great films and books.
I think the average story/narrative in mainstream games tends to be quite dull and not really that great, save a few exceptions. But some modern mainstream movies and shows make me want to jump off a cliff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom